It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumping my garbage into the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ahh that was a nice title?

If I dumped my garbage from Canada into the United States would it be different from this?

Despite Canadian fears of contamination, North Dakota began pumping water on Monday from its Devils Lake floodlands into a system that leads eventually into a commercial fishery north of the U.S. border.

The U.S. diversion plan has been a diplomatic sore point because of Canadian concerns the water could pollute Manitoba's Lake Winnipeg, the world's 10th largest freshwater lake and home to a C$25 million fishery.

North Dakota says the water from Devils Lake, which has swallowed up 90,000 acres of land over 12 years of higher than normal precipitation, is safe. But Canada fears the land-locked lake contains high concentrations of salts and other pollutants along with foreign fish and organisms.

Source

Related:

National Post
Toronto Star
Globe and Mail

I guess this is another one of my Canada VS USA slugfests......

So far its USA 2 - Canada 0

God bless America !

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I hear fresh water is being consumed from Lake Ontario, against an agreement, which apparently could only be circumvented if three or so State Governors vote to use the water only in their adjoining States.

End the Free Trade Agreement. Put all Canada's old protection duties back in place. Resume manufacturing in Canada and charge for water consumption south of the 49th.

Crazy hah? Is it..

Dallas

new topics

join