It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I pass this on, don't change it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone. this is your main newbie, passengername, and boy am I happy to address everyone rightnow. I've been trying to get registered on ATS for about two months!

But anyway, for my initial offering, my question is...

if we are supposed to keep the word/work of God whole, complete and unchanged so we can refer to it to prove any point, why did God give it to men to write, edit as they saw fit (Nicea Constantine), and pass on to their children and the world? I'm sure every person of faith would agree that God knows that mankind are inherently sinners and liars so why would he leave it up to our ancestors and us to pass "The WORD" on. why not something like genetic memory or something?.. something that would give everyone an equal footing on the path to righteousness?.. or maybe he did. and the powers that be just don't want us to know.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by passengername]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
God left the Word to his child, that had the holy Ghost in them. The men who wrote the Bible where from God, and where not liers. Its our job to have faith in God enough to know his hands are around everything. He controls the word(bible). And yes every one has free will. So the bible can be change. But thats why you dont stike to one bible. Thats why we ask God to show us to understand the word. By God's power he is in control.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by passengername
Hello everyone. this is your main newbie, passengername, and boy am I But anyway, for my initial offering, my question is...

if we are supposed to keep the word/work of God whole, complete and unchanged so we can refer to it to prove any point, why did God give it to men to write, edit as they saw fit (Nicea Constantine), and pass on to their children and the world?

uhmm, because he didn't? There are at least two competing theories. One is that the Bible is at a minimum inspired by god. The second is that it is a collection of ancient books written by sunstroked mushroom eating goat herders and appended by mushroom eating Greek men pretending to be Jews.

I vote for the latter.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
See my point, you have to follow God by faith, because some dont believe in God or the Bible. He does not believe at all that the Bible was from God. You have to follow God by faith and believe men of God wrote the Bible.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
You have to follow God by faith and believe men of God wrote the Bible.

Why?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
because there is no other way to believe that the bible is "Holy" or the word of God. we basically know nothing of the men who the books of the bible were named after, let alone the people who actually authored them.

top topics

join