It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Bullets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

WEAPONS designed to fire "electric bullets" into crowds are being developed for police and border protection agencies in the US.

The Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency, the domestic equivalent of the defence agency DARPA, has launched an "innovative less-lethal devices for law enforcement" programme to radically expand the capabilities of electric shock weapons.

Existing stun weapons, such as the Taser, typically fire a pair of darts trailing current-carrying wires to shock the target, with a maximum range of about 7 metres. The HSARPA programme aims to develop wireless weapons that can be used over greater distances in spaces such as "an auditorium, a city street or a sports stadium".

Lynntech of College Station, Texas, is developing a projectile that can be fired from a shotgun or 40-millimetre grenade launcher. Grenade launchers are already used by riot police to fire tear gas and baton rounds. On impact, the device sticks to the target and delivers an 80,000-volt shock for 7 seconds, using a pulsed delivery similar to that used by Tasers. Further shocks can be triggered via remote control.

imagine the torture!!! getting hit by 5 to 8 electric bullets in a second. its better to be dead then is to get electrocuted. imagine firing those bullets into the water. no more intrusion by Navy SEALs. yeah they say it be non lethal but we seen victims of tazers.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
imagine firing those bullets into the water. no more intrusion by Navy SEALs. yeah they say it be non lethal but we seen victims of tazers.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by deltaboy]

I'm sure they would develop some special wetsuit or something along those lines

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Whoa.

Homeland security actually does something? THANK GOD, I've been thinking my taxes were going to waste this whole time, turns out I was wrong, phew.

Hell of an achievment, figuring out a way to better control american citizens instead of say...hmmm...working on securing our borders or something along those lines. You know, protecting the homeland and such. Oh wait wait, it does say something about the border there in that article, my mistake. I just didnt know electric bullets were so effective against drug smugglers armed with "advanced" weaponry, you know, bazoookas, rocket launchers, things that go boom. Learn something new everyday I guess.

The irony is that the people they use these things on will most likely be those protesting against a government decision of some kind or just the government in general. Oh wait, thats not irony, thats a conspiracy

join