It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British UFO-spotting clubs may close because of a lack of sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Damn shame this. I guess this frees up people to investigate ley lines, nessie, and ghosts more. I think its rotton bad luck that the aliens are not playing ball and showing up more. Are the British scaring them off?

Guardian.co.uk

It may only be a small, translucent green gleam on the horizon, but there are signs of a crisis in UFO-spotting. Chris Parr, coordinator of the Cumbrian branch of the British UFO Hunters, sent a shiver through the hearts of ufologists with his announcement this week that his group may be forced to wind up. There don't seem to be any UFOs in Cumbria any more.

Or maybe there just aren't any spotters. Parr's statement seemed to leave both possibilities open. "In Cumbria we have gone from 60 UFO sightings in 2003 to 40 in 2004 and none at all this year. It means that the number of people keeping their eyes on the skies is greatly diminished. We are a dying breed in this part of the country. I put it down to the end of The X Files, a lack of military exercises in the area that would produce UFO sightings, and a lack of strange phenomena." A lack of strange phenomena or a shortage of strange people? Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Net Chicken,

I posted about this here www.abovetopsecret.com... and yes it is a shame.

(edit to fix link)

[edit on 15-8-2005 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
yup, sorry NC, thread closed

join