It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arnold getting heating from hispanics...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Arnold faces criticism from Hispanics

FRESNO, Calif.--Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger sought to broaden his appeal Thursday in the state's ethnically diverse heartland, as a Hispanic advocacy group criticized him for supporting English as the nation's official language.

well of course, that would mean they'd have to learn english and we cant have that!!!

the man himself was an immigrant and he learned english. hell he still has a thick accent from time to time but he still speaks english!

WTF is wrong with people???

he is a prime example of an immigrant living the american dream and these little self interest groups are looking for any chink in the armor to pick away at him hoping he'll kiss their butts.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
From what I've been able to find out, the USA is *the* country to have already gone to the most trouble & expense to accomodate non-English speaking citizens anyway...TV stations have Spanish-speaking channels, Human Services offices have translators available, etc. IMO, since English *is* the country's primary language, those immigrants need to get up off their @$$e$ & learn to speak the language!

If I moved to Japan, I'd be expected to learn Japaanese (as well as I could manage, anyway)...If I moved to Mexico (not friggin' likely!), I'd have to learn Mexican Spanish. So if they want to move to America, they'd better start learning English.

As it is, there's a virtual invasion of civilian Mexicans coming across the border illegally...They just stroll across the border & start terrorizing ranch owners & other US citizens. The Mexican government is even *encouraging* such an invasion. Their stated goal is to overrun the US & turn it entirely to Mexican interests. This may not be a *military* invasion, but it's just as devistating as one.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i saw something on tv where there is a town in texas close to the border where they changed teh official language of the town to spanish. that means they speak it in city hall meetings in school and other crap instead of english. the town is 90% mexican if i remember correctly.

what makes me upset is that they come over and work and enjoy our countries benefits and what is has to offer but they dont appreciate it. they still distaste the us. they think the us sux. if your country is so great what the hell you doin here?

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by hmmm]

new topics

join