It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Illegally Swarm 77yr Korean War Veterans Property Called Bush Liar On Local AM Radio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'll just say that a lot of us are in trouble, then, eh? I like old Doug. He's a plain-talker and I agree with what he says. Good for him for not being terrorized!

I don't agree with what he says, not from this news item, at least, but I agree 100% with you! My father is from that era, too, and those old guys aren't terrorized by such panzy-crap!

Whether or not the war is illegal (it is, no matter if, in the long run, a righteous war produces unrighteous results), such activity by "law enforcement" is arbitrary and tyrannical. I seem to remember such activities being mentioned by the Founding Fathers.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
America was founded on a revolution.

It was not founded on any sort democratic process or by a vote on if they should attempt to over-throw the Crown.

Pure and simple it boiled down to a few brave men, having the guys and courage to stand up for what they believed. Luckily enough people agreed.

You're partially right there. If I remember correctly, there was a parliamentary decision to throw Britain out of our homeland. They were tyrannical, and we wanted our freedom.

And this story; I think it's most likely false. The government doesn't have the power to just burst into people's homes and snatch them out like that, unless they had a search warrant, hot persuit, etc. etc. People complain so much about all our freedoms are lost, but I haven't noticed anything being taken away from me. The president gets certain powers in a time of war, which he will let go when that time is over, and that's about as far as it goes. I've never been picked up off the street by some government official because of the Patriot act, none of my family members have, none of my neighbors have, nobody I know has, nobody that anybody I know knows have, nobody I know on the internet every has, and the branch could go on. What people sometimes forget is that the founding fathers disagreed on occasion as well. What might now be thought wrong by one founding father could be seen as right by another.

<< 1   >>

join