It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Produces new in Iraq via Christian fundamentalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The U.S. government this week launched its Arabic language satellite TV news station for mostly Muslim Iraq. It is being produced in a studio -- Grace Digital Media -- controlled by fundamentalist Christians who are rabidly pro-Israel. That's grace as in "by the grace of God."

This is very interesting and I came across it randomly as I was searching for murdered persons by extremist groups bar Islamic; the reason being of the thread created in regards to Muslim extremists aged 17-40 who have ravaged this planet for the last century..

Luxifero

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Luxifero]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Luxifero,
do you have a link for the article?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry about that, I forgot to provide the link.

www.alternet.org...

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I do not know if they will be broadcasting a Christian Fundamental viewpoint.
According to the article

BBG's Joan Mower said that Grace Digital Media is a mainstream production house used by all kinds of mainstream news organizations.
"Grace will have nothing to do with the editorial side of the news broadcast," she said. "They are renting us equipment, space, studio. The Grace personnel we use include technicians, production people but no editorial people."

Since according to the article, the BBG is only using the space/equipment/studio of Grace and that there will be no editorial personel from Grace involved, I do not see a problem.
That is like a group renting public facilities to meet in. Now if there is a change or if they are not saying everything (always possible) and they start to broadcast Christian viewpoints then I might change my mind on this. But then again, there is something called freedom of press so if there is no Goverment funding then they pretty much have an open arena on what they can air.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm just (nearly) speechless! Am I reading this right? Some fundamentalist Christians are going to 'preach' the divinity of Israel to the Muslims of Iraq?

The U.S. government this week launched its Arabic language satellite TV news station for mostly Muslim Iraq.
Grace News Network proclaims that it will be a "unique tool in the Lord's ministry plan for the world," according to the company's mission statement. "Grace News Network provides networking links and portals to various ministries and news services that will be of benefit to every Christian believer and seeker of truth."

"Grace News Network will be reporting the current secular news, along with aggressive proclamations that will 'change the news' to reflect the Kingdom of God and its purposes," GNN proclaims.

No doubt. "We don't report the news, we change it to reflect the Kingdom of God and its purposes."

Oh, man! This is just too much! Someone tell me I'm reading this wrong!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic,
you need to read further down on the article where it goes into just what Grace will be able to do and what their part in it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Benevolent Heretic,
you need to read further down on the article where it goes into just what Grace will be able to do and what their part in it is.

I did read (and re-read) the whole thing. I think perhaps I just don't trust a Fundamentalist Christian, pro-Israel organization to be impartial and to NOT try to impose their beliefs and 'facts' on the Muslim world to whom they're broadcasting.

It's kind of like hiring PETA to host a bar-be-que. Would you eat there? Their STRONG opinions and evident history lead me to believe that there's more to this than simply hiring a competent production studio.

There's an ulterior motive and a conflict of interest here if I ever saw one. Can we trust Grace Digital Media not to put subliminal information in there, for example?

If I'm still not getting something, please feel free to explain it as you would to a 5-year-old because I don't see this as inconsequential at all.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

BBG's Joan Mower said that Grace Digital Media is a mainstream production house used by all kinds of mainstream news organizations."Grace will have nothing to do with the editorial side of the news broadcast," she said. "They are renting us equipment, space, studio. The Grace personnel we use include technicians, production people but no editorial people."

The use of subliminal messages would be something that could be called into play for any news organization not just Grace or any Fundamental organization.
Heck, you don't even need the news media for that, look at the recent news on video games and how they are going to start selling "AD space" in their games.
As long as Grace is only being used for it's space equipment and technical people, and as long as they have no editorial input or personel, then I do not see a problem with it.
I agree with you on the point that I do not trust them but then again..... it not against the law (in the US) for them to preach if that is what they want.

top topics

join