It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My message to an unbelieving world

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Rest Of The Story

Originally posted by yadboy
Maybe there was something more going on as to the reason he was banned (and got his wife banned by using her account), but we may never know if there was another reason.

Yes, there apparently was, and no, the details are unlikely to become public.

I'm not speaking in an official capacity on this, just as an observer. If you're going along, reading a thread and then *bam* someone gets banned, it is rarely just for that.

While it is possible to be insta-banned for doing something really bad, the majority of bannees are given all the rope they need to hang themselves in U2U's, and invariably, that's what they do.

If a staff member sends you a U2U asking you to cool it or explain yourself, I strongly recommend not copping an attitude or trying to lay out some B.S., because that's how you get banned.

And those members who try to drum up drama by posting those U2U's publicly are so screwed up that if I had a ban button I would use it on them myself. You don't have to be a staff member to find that unacceptable.

As for the gypsyskyes account being banned, my advice is to share your account password with no one, unless you are willing to accept responsibility for what happens -- which is usually a ban.

keybored knew quite well what he was doing and chose a path that led away from ATS.

That's a choice any of us can make at any time, but I recommend being sure that's the direction a member wants to go before burning the bridge on the way out.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
to jump back on topic,

It seems to me that what is being proposed is an early version of the Wankel (rce) engine. The "square" outer shell is a serious flaw in the design due to the fact that there is to much energy lost in the jarring corner to corner collisions (friction), especially at near light speed rotations as proposed. The square design can not handle that kind of stresses/collisions at the weakest point (the corners) and it would destroy itself. Also having the square and triangle counter-rotate is really no different than a small gear (the triangle with less corners or"teeth") being rotated by a larger gear(the square with one more corner or "tooth") except that instead of being side by side you've placed one inside the other.This doesn't create energy, just torque, and electro-magnetic versions have already been created but for a combustion fueled version just crack open any engine block in a mazda rx-7 or rx-8.An oval (more properly, peritrochoid) casing has much less friction (jarring) and is far more efficient.

www.monito.com...

[edit on 27-8-2005 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
found a link to an magnetic version too.

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
here's another tidbit

www.electrifyingtimes.com...

quoted from above:

"Magnetic Wankel

Yasunori Takahashi, the famous Japanese inventor who developed the Beta VCR, has retrofitted his newly developed, super-powerful "Y-f" magnets into his 15-horsepower Magnetic Wankel motors, claiming he can get 15 horsepower from a few amperes of electricity. If the U.S. government allows the Japanese to export these scooters to America, we will see a further trade deficit in Japan's favor.

Rumor has it, however, that the U.S. government refused entry to the Magnetic Wankel (in Mazda vehicles) several years ago, just as it blocked Honda's super-high-mileage, gas-powered cars at about the same time. Such protectionism may be "good for business" (at least for the oil companies and domestic auto manufacturers), but it hurts others and punishes the environment."

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join