It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

circus freaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
for decades and maybe even centuries abnormal human beings and other creatures have been shown in circuses touring countries

did we "miss" a crypto shown in one of these , were some of them the last of their kind
have people seen "real" creatures whithout knowing

some of the most famous human freaks appeared in a 1932 movie going by the name of......you guessed it "Freaks"
do watch it it's worth it, it is a good movie

cool freak site famous freaks
more freaks more human freaks

monsters of all sort

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Hvitserk]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I paid a couple of times to see these freaks at carnivals and i would never do it again. This is the most inhumane thing i have ever seen

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
you mean this is still going on ???? where was it if i may ask ? it is indeed something i thought of the past

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It was during the 70's . I dont know if they still exist. I hope not

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
According to a recent airing of the Wierd US show on the History Channel, most Freaks actually wanted the job and were not rampantly exploited (except in a few cases) as what most people beleive.
Wierd USA
I could not find the episode listing or I would have provided a direct link to it.
Sorry

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I realize it meant an opportunity for them to earn some money. Morally its wrong, though. Sort of like "hooking"

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I read the title and thought "Is the author reffering to himself?"

Anyway, I wasn't aware that these things even existed. I knew the term "cirius freaks" but I didn't really think there were circius freaks. I thought it was just an insult some kid had made up one day. Learn something new everyday, huh?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
yes freak geek mad weird mental are words i hear a lot from my coleagues and close friends
but no circus has made me a decent offer yet

"nutcases" have always been feared and respected for they were believed to have a special contact to the invisible world , i'm good with animals and kids but i'm affraid it does not go further

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
According to a recent airing of the Wierd US show on the History Channel, most Freaks actually wanted the job and were not rampantly exploited (except in a few cases) as what most people beleive.
Wierd USA
I could not find the episode listing or I would have provided a direct link to it.
Sorry

I saw that same show......back in the day, those folks made thousands......somewhat like our movie stars of today.......without the outlet of the 'freak shows', they would have been condemed to a life of poverty. Many of them considered it an honorable as well as lucrative profession.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Wierd USA
Sorry

I saw that same show......back in the day, those folks made thousands......somewhat like our movie stars of today.......without the outlet of the 'freak shows', they would have been condemed to a life of poverty. Many of them considered it an honorable as well as lucrative profession.

i can only agree but keep in mind that in these days social coverage was inexistant , it was the only way for them to make a living and in some extent to be famous , it is more the "voyeur" side of this whole freak show that makes me thoughtful, but well ... humanity ......

back to topic ....... anyone any info on "animal freaks" ???

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Freaks are still "of nature".

My favorite was always the caterpillar man, who as a human stump could move around enough on a table to roll, light and smoke a cigarette using only his face and lips.

Which goes to show what odds can be surmounted in the satiation of healthy and unhealthy "addictions".

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Wierd USA
Sorry

I happened to have caught that one... Very well done special by the way. In many cases, these individuals couldn't have made a decent living otherwise, and many did quite well for themselves showcasing their uniqueness...

According to the special, most of these kinds of travelling shows died out in the late 70's, not too surprisingly, due to more PC attitudes.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk

back to topic ....... anyone any info on "animal freaks" ???

A bit of a funny story.......Years ago, my seventh grade class went to the Southeastern Fair, near Atlanta. We got there just as the gates opened, but before the exibits and attractions were open. While we were waiting for one of the rides, we petted a friendly and unusual dog.......till his owner whistled for him. I had only seen pics of the breed before....a Mexican Hairless......later when we went to the 'freak animals' exibit, there he was! Displayed as a 'freak cross between a pig and dog'!

We had a good laugh, and developed a little healthy doubt about some of the other 'freak animals' that were in the exhibit.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
pets to us food to them ,well maybe not "modern" mexicans anymore but all these mexican dog breeds were "snacks" a few centuries ago , guinea pigs are still a gourmet dish in Peru

no dogs or guinea pigs were hurt during the redaction of this post

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Hvitserk]

new topics

top topics

join