It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices got you down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just curious how everyone is coping with the extremely high fuel prices. I wne t to be d Friday night and in my home town gas was averaging 2.30/gallon for regular unleaded. Saterday morning it was 2.46/gallon. Un believeable.
Just curious how others are coping and any suggestions on a way to protest? I drive 45 minutes each way every day, I have a car that averages 30 mpg and I am still paying about $250/month in fuel alone. That is almost as much as my car payment.

Just wanted your thoughts on what you are doing & what you think will happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Gas prices are out of control...

On my way to work this morning... regular was $2.54, I go out at lunch time and now it's $2.69...

This is terrible... what justifies a jump of 15 cents in a couple of hours ?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you, but i'm getting a scooter.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So long at the oil companies are making large profits I cannot believe that there is not gouging in process.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I was listening to coast to coast am with George Norey the other night, and I believe it was Dr. Fred Bell who stated that Henry Ford despised the oil and petroleum companies, and would never have thought about putting such a thing into his automobiles.

So if he didn't use what we understand as gasoline, what did he use?

Hemp! Not the marijuana plant.

Apparently one can change the spark plug gap, and carburetors settings to get refined hemp oil to power your vehicles.

The "entire" United States could replace "all" our gas with a hemp oil variety with about 18 million acres of harvested crops. This would be enough to stop the mass worry over natural recourses, at least until the media finds more fears to bring to the surface.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Stop whining guys, it's $5.8/gallon here in Finland (most the price is taxes, tho)

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As a small business man where a van is a large part of my overall operating expenses; To see my profits going to the oil companys that are already making obscene profits galls me no end. My vote will go to the man that I feel will help me stay in business, in all upcoming elections. Somehow I don't see the GOP as being that entity, with their cozy relationship with the oil companys. This is just another tax on the middle class.

What do you think of him now? I posed this question to another small businessman with a "W" sticker on his bumper. I would incure the MODS rath if I printed a single word of his response. Not a happy camper if I might use a tired, banal cliche.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah High Prices everywhere. I bet that SUV you purchased was a really stupid idea now eh? Frankly Im not really affected since I drive a really Fuel Efficient car so I dont worry about it as much.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
As a small business man where a van is a large part of my overall operating expenses; To see my profits going to the oil companys that are already making obscene profits galls me no end.
[edit on 15-8-2005 by whaaa]

That sucks. I have to use a Van for my bussines to deliver merchandise, although I find myself using it less and less these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Yeah High Prices everywhere. I bet that SUV you purchased was a really stupid idea now eh?

Nope.... I still Luv my new 2005 Ford Explorer

I've only lost about 3-4 MPG from what I was driving, and have a brand new car with lowe interest and a smaller payment...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes I am concern. . . with two kids in college driving, yesterday for the first time I took my littler ford focus to get gas, and I panicked when the gas went all the way to 25 dollars, and it was not even finish yet.

Yes the gas prices are uncotrallbale and not body cares. I am very down specially when I work so hard for my money.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
well in the uk especially up here in scotland we ranging from 89p to 110p a liter which is stupidly expensive especially when the goverment gets like 60p or something of it.

If the goverments dropped there tax it would help greatly. Come on with the increase of prices they will be getting more money from the oil companies

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Yeah High Prices everywhere. I bet that SUV you purchased was a really stupid idea now eh? Frankly Im not really affected since I drive a really Fuel Efficient car so I dont worry about it as much.

Man, I thought that the gas prices like are I wouldn't see so many SUVs. To my surprise I'm seeing too many HUMMERS! I can't go 5 miles without seeing at least 5-7. I hear they get 10 mpg. GMC or whoever makes sells them must've seriously slashed the prices on them or something.

I've also learned that none of these new Hummer drivers and drive or park. I almost got run over by one and another one backed right into a neighbor's car when leaving - she didn't even leave a note!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Gas prices will never go down in the US, the days(few they were) of paying $2 a gallon are over. It is not a supply issue, it is a demand issue and the demand for gas/fuel is as high as it ever was and keeps getting higher. Naturally when demand goes up so do prices.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Think you have it bad?

Our combine harvesters cost about 400 + dollars to fill up each time.

top topics

join