It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China new Frigate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The China new frigate designed number 054, which displacement of full losd over 4000 tons is almost equal to U.S. Perry Class.
Since the shape we can seen which is hard to be searched by radar even better than La Fayette Class.

The new frigate will be accompany with China new destroyer 170/171 to form main force of China navy, which main weapon includs a 100mm gun, 1×8S-A anti-craft missile, 2×4 anti-ship missile and a helicopter with hangar.
In the no far future we will see the SeaCrotal missile (also FM-80)which has been equiped on flat infront of the bridge will be transferred to 2×8 or 3×6 cell VLS anti-air missles. That will be 054II.

Of course, both 054 and 054II are keep the 7 barrel Gatling-gun as a short-distance defence.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by emile]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Geez, China sure is building up its army... How long did it take to finnish that one...?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wouldnt be too stealthy with that black smoke pouring out of it
as per the first photograph....

But other wise it looks ok, A bit of French influence.
Those gatlings should be covered into the superstructure with shutters and
open up prior to use.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Geez, China sure is building up its army... How long did it take to finnish that one...?

Was taht some kind of a countrymen kind of joke??

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezza
Wouldnt be too stealthy with that black smoke pouring out of it
as per the first photograph....

yeah its almost like its looks like a modern warship prepared for the 21st century, but its using boilers like the river boats from the Mississippi River. the U.S. Navy has the Arleigh Burke that does not show black smoke comin out of the smoke stack.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many photos will prove that these new China frigates are in sailing not always raise smog, in fact only few times will be smog. Furthermore I have seen a lot of pics showed US navy's fightingship with thick smog

The first frigate was numbered 525 which many believed that was built by ShangHai HuDong ship factroy only coast less one year. The second was built by GuangDong HuangPu and I believe that more and more were building in China.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Man I'll bet that thing stinks below decks - literally.

Still using ASW rockets - very 1950's, and the VLS cells don't fool me.

It's a pretty ship, but I seriosuly doubt the quality of its sensors and combat information center.

A few years from now things could be very different though, all eyes are beginning to turn towards China.........................

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't know who you are. If every American whose thoughts are same as you, US will get big big trouble soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You want to be careful making threats like that, someone could report you to the Feds, someone like me.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow, the shape is so sex, the most pretty frigate I have ever seen

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Accoding to Chinese description of the tables in the middle, I believe it should be a very modern one. Don't understand why you call it 1950's?
China likes to hide all weapons as more as possible.
It uses a different tactics compared with the western countries like US

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
Man I'll bet that thing stinks below decks - literally.

Still using ASW rockets - very 1950's, and the VLS cells don't fool me.

It's a pretty ship, but I seriosuly doubt the quality of its sensors and combat information center.

A few years from now things could be very different though, all eyes are beginning to turn towards China.........................

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I called it "1950's" specifically in relation to those archaic circular ASW rocket launchers on the fore deck.

As for my other reference, just fly on an internal Chinese Airlines flight sometime and you'll know exactly what I mean, this emoticon probably works best for my meaning

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looks a lot like the arleigh Burke class.

How many of them will be made?
Also, on a side not, Emile dont post pictures that large, where they make you have to scroll over to read what people type...Its annoying!

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I believe that PLA will use it to instead of JiangWei Class
So 12 of it will be built at least I think
Who would tell me what the name NATO will give it?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
You want to be careful making threats like that, someone could report you to the Feds, someone like me.

Well - if your american you know what the term `the feds` means - but , the rest of the world have no idea - and i put money on emile not being american.

and those tubes on the foredeck don`t look like ASW rockets to me

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin those tubes on the foredeck don`t look like ASW rockets to me

I believe they are called UDAV-1 in Russian service, single launcher shown here on the foredeck of a Kirov class cruiser.

homepage.tinet.ie...

new topics

top topics

join