It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush slaps down top general after he calls for troops to be pulled out of Iraq

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You do relise that hitler was a soldier too?
Bush isnt hitler, he is a politican...

Yes I know he was - but his Rank was so insignificant to all the Generals and Field Marshals, that were around him in the room making decisions, that that does not really count. After all he had no Tactical or Strategic knowledge, but was only making decisions because his EGO wanted to do that. Not his Military knowledge or Experience. Most of the time Generals did NOT agree with Hitler's Decisions.




posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Yes I know he was - but his Rank was so insignificant to all the Generals and Field Marshals, that were around him in the room making decisions, that that does not really count. After all he had no Tactical or Strategic knowledge, but was only making decisions because his EGO wanted to do that. Not his Military knowledge or Experience. Most of the time Generals did NOT agree with Hitler's Decisions.


Umm he went through basic training, enough said, military experience, mabye not very valuable experience compared to field marshals ,etc but still military experience.
Yeah its the same with every war, politicans and the military dont agree.



posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yeah its the same with every war, politicans and the military dont agree.

Yep - let's Agree on that one - before we end up in a six page debate!





posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yeah its the same with every war, politicans and the military dont agree.

I think that one of the most glaring examples of that is the number of troops that were assigned to Iraq. Generals wanted more; Rumsfeld settled for less.



posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I think that one of the most glaring examples of that is the number of troops that were assigned to Iraq. Generals wanted more; Rumsfeld settled for less.


That is, because Rumsfeld and the president had this information by the so not reliable sources that Iraq invasion was going to be a piece of cake.

The reliable sources were Chalabi and the first prime minister appointed by Mr. Bush in Iraq I forgot his name.

Funny this was covered a long time ago here in ATS.



new topics

 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join