It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting against change

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottI think that if you read this thread and follow all the links that you will understand what all the hoopla is all about. It really is much ado about nothing. It ain't gonna change anytime soon, so you might as well go along with it.
Actually I do not understand what all the hoopla is about from either side. I suppose you now do?

Points to me are as useless as recording the numer of posts I make, save that I need them to purchase extra space for private messages. Some obviously spend them for other perks offered and that is fine, but, from I gather, the cummulative points may be used in this regard, so I fail to understand the issue from a points distribution view the importance to differentiate between the three venues.

This brings me back to the why, a purely administrative adjunct obviously, especially as to the unanswered rationale behind the administrative change. In short, the answer is not forthcoming because of the reaper of the benefit. Further, I see now that politics is in full play where it is being defended as having been voted in by the members. Well, how many of the 40,000 supposed members, or even the 500 or so at best daily membership count actually voted this change in, and since only a positive vote was counted, how can that possibly be proffered as a membership backed amendment?

Reading these posts brings back memories of my studying the imposition of taxes, and how over time people just acquiesced and accepted every one that came down the pike.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ar prices gonna change cuz 1 ppp(point per post) will take forever to get like... the ability to buy new backrounds... and I like new backroudns for my avatars.... and liek I'll run out of points... cuz I donated all of mine....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ahhhhh.....the points divided
If I buy a new car and pay $20,000. It is a $20,000 car. If I use $4000 of mine and get a Corporate Rebate of $2000, I will finance some and get a $20, 000 car. I won't care how it is divided up, it all goes the same place.
There are three brothers. As they grow up, they move out of their parents home. The family is divided. Is the family less? Does a family member cease to exist? Or maybe, in time the family becomes larger and stronger because of this division.
But These POINTS--- They have been divided and that is somehow evil or something. It does not bother me, but after reading some of these posts, it sounds like maybe it ought to.
To quote one of my granddaughter's favorite stories, "The Sky Is Falling!"

<< 1  2   >>

join