It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could they build the biggest bunker ever...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
BTW, in the scene where the bus with Leo and his family finally arrive at the ARC? The guy on the machine gun right next to the bus as it passes through the gate...is me!

You can also see me in slo-mo, as Leo exits the bus and is slowly walking, looking around in wonderment. You will see a blond Soldier pass by closely in the background, that's me too!

That scene was filmed in the Agoura hills, on the highway that goes to Malibu. The real tunnels at the top of the pass, is what they made the ARC out of.

8X10's are available from my publicist and agent. SASE required........j/k

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
BTW, in the scene where the bus with Leo and his family finally arrive at the ARC? The guy on the machine gun right next to the bus as it passes through the gate...is me!

You can also see me in slo-mo, as Leo exits the bus and is slowly walking, looking around in wonderment. You will see a blond Soldier pass by closely in the background, that's me too!

arent u suppose to be manning yer gun instead of walking around? or is it that they didnt have enough extras so they used u again for another part of the scene.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
arent u suppose to be manning yer gun instead of walking around? or is it that they didnt have enough extras so they used u again for another part of the scene.

A good saying would probably describe the situation...
"Working hard or hardly working."

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
The better way would be investing the money for the bumker for anti- meteor/comet defence - and you can save whole earth not just few people.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by longbow]

Good point, In that way many more peoples might survive...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Think this one through. While these bunkers certainly exist...there are several plans in place in most nations on a what if basis.
Responsible governments have made plans based not only on the bunker situation and who would and would not be allowed inside..but also what if people for some reason could not make it to the bunkers. What they have is lists of key people and their alternates if they get lost or perish and cannot make it. These senerios are not made public because most of the public cannot handle the type of problems presented by these emergencys.
Most of the public is television trained not reality trained. They will become more of a liability. This too is factored in.
Key people means management people with special skills in their particular management arena..for example..emergency equipment. Medicine, Food sources, Defense,...information/intelligence gathering, Communications, et al. These key management people will have selected their teams based on knowlege and ability. Key people will have packets and training on how to establish contact with the others if they survive. Codes to gain access when others cannot.

There are several good books on this kind of stuff ..and all you have to do is think it trough a bit ...to realize this is not a thing that would ever be made public to prevent panic and have the public hinder the attempts to get a working government going again.

From time to time here in America we have had very severe hurricanes that have devastated certain areas..tornados too..these are classic micro examples on emergency management principles and preventing panic. Alot of these principles have been learned and put in to effect as a result of lessons learned in the last 25 years. They have gotten better at it.
Hurricane Andrew which so devastated Florida some years back is about the worst I can remember here in the States. This buisness with the Tsunami in Asia last year is also a example of where nations would take note and work on these improvements to handle emergencys on that scale..as it was definitely huge.

Think it through people..often what you will learn is not to your liking but that is the way it is in reality ..not wishful thinking.

Furthermore ..make plans on your own..read up about emergencys. and pepare...dont get to dependent on government to do it for you ..you will often be dissappointed. If you are unlucky enough to survive something like the comet senerio you described...your problems are only just begining and they will be huge. You dont want to be surrounded by people whose main occupation is living off of someone elses production and waiting for the next sound bite.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join