It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just some of the paint schemes/artwork that I have done over the past two weeks.

i11.photobucket.com...

i11.photobucket.com...

i11.photobucket.com...

i11.photobucket.com...

i11.photobucket.com...

i11.photobucket.com...

I want your feedback on these!

[edit on 23-1-2007 by asala]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
More!? Way more indeed!!!

Imagineered CSXT E60CPs 902 and 924.

Norfolk Southern General Electric C40-8 #8460 ex-L.M.S. #720.

Reading Railroad ALCo C430 #5211.

www.photobucket.com

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Those are some pretty big choo-choo's.

Now I have to pick my monitor up off of the floor.
It started leaning over way too much when "NYC790" was loading.

But seriously, clickable thumbnail sized pics, to let the page format get back to "normal". Or use the [im] tags.

Otherwise, good stuff.

[edit on 1/21/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Conrail/Norfolk Southern ES40DC #6341

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have a new one finished!!!!
EMD SD40 Chesapeake & Ohio #7534, now CSXT 4617, and the unit is still in service. *

*CSXT 4617 is the last remaining CSX unit that still remains in its original C&O colors.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Adding this from your other thread.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the addition there v1rt!!!

That Cartier Mining ALCo I did still looks great even after five plus years.

I needed to do some updating to this thread then I forgot about it and now it seems like the correct time to do it.
It has been years since this thread was updated or posted to. I believe it is time that I further update this thread for what paint schemes I have done. I will also include a bit of history into the paint schemes when and if I can.

First up is General Electric C30-7 of the Louisville & Nashville/Family Lines System #7011 built in May of 1981. This paint scheme was the prelude to the "Seaboard System" paint scheme that came along in 1985 before the company was folded into what is now know as CSX Transportation in July of 1987.

The next locomotive is ElectroMotive Division of GM "CONRAIL" SD70M-2 #4310. This locomotive is in the same paint scheme type that appeared on their fleet of SD70ACs as well. This paint scheme would actually turn out to be the last version of the "CONRAIL QUALITY" scheme that CONRAIL debuted during their twenty two years of operation. However, it would not turn out to be the last time the "CONRAIL QUALITY" scheme would appear before CONRAIL was split between CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern Railway on June 1, 1999.

The following paint scheme isfor a railroad that I came up a few years ago. The "East Coast Belt Line" as I called it, is comprised of the Chesapeake & Ohio, Richmond, Fredricksburg, & Potomac, and the former Seaboard mainlines along the East Coast of the United States. This safety paint scheme is on the side ElectroMotive Division of General Motors SD70 "ECBL 9213."

The next two are from the East Coast Belt Line as well even though they were inspired by other rail lines that no longer exist on paper. The second one is "ECBL #6141" in the Richmond, Fredricksburg, & Potomac paint scheme as it would have appeared on an R.F.& P. GP40-2 up until the early 1990s.

The last one from the East Coast Belt Line's Huntington Locomotive Shops is General Electric B40-8W "ECBL #5940" that was built in 1989 for the Santa Fe Railway. The paint scheme on this locomotive is based on the Missouri Pacific's scheme that was donned on a handful of EMD GP35s and GP40s up until 1983 when the Union Pacific swallowed up the "MoPac" as it was called. This unit also has the "Screaming Eagle" that was made famous by the MoPac.

The next paint scheme is from "The Great White North" that is Canada. This paint scheme is an "patch" job that the Canadian National applied to this unit when they acquired it. In real life, this General Electric locomotive was built as Locomotive Management Services #739 in October of 1994. This is one locomotive that I was fortunate enough to get a photo of two years ago when it came through here on a grain train.

My photo of that very unit.

The next paint scheme comes from CIT Equipment Financing Leassing LLC. This paint scheme is on former SOO Line ElectroMotive SD60 #6018.

The next paint scheme is from another railroad that I came up with. That railroad being the "West Virginia Great Southern Railway" based out of Charleston, West Virginia. This line is comprised of the former Chesapeake & Ohio "Tidewater to Chicago" mainline and the Russell, Kentucky to Detroit, Michigan mainline along with numerous coal branches in West Virginia and Kentucky. This blue and gold scheme is on ElectroMotive GP38-2 #2558.

The last paint scheme is that of Amtrak engine #145, a General Electric P42DC built in 2000. This paint scheme is currently adorning the 145 as Amtrak approaches their 40th anniversary of operation. The scheme, Phase 3 as it is known by, was once the primary paint scheme for new locomotives purchased by Amtrak in the late 1970s and into the 1980s and 1990s.

The following albums include a lot of paint schemes that I did not include on here.
BNSF, Can. Nat. & U.P. schemes
Chessie System, CSX, and various other CSX roads
CONRAIL schemes
East Coast Belt Line
Leasers/Rent-A-Wrecks
Miscellaneous schemes
Norfolk Southern
Southern Railway
West Virginia Great Southern
edit on 1-5-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Those are showing up as squished.

Let's try this:

edit on 1-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How do these things operate, Gimmie?

How much horsepower, and how fast can they go?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Each one of these have either a control stand or desktop controls that are used to operate the units. The General Electric units, with the exception of the C30-7, have desktop controls. The EMD products have the control stand or the desktop controls as well. However, the ones that I posted all have the control stand that is off to the left of where the engineer sits.

The GP38-2 is rated at 2,000 horsepower per unit.
The GP40-2 is rated at 3,000 horsepower per unit.
The SD70 is rated at 4,000 horsepower per unit.
The SD70M-2/SD70ACes are rated at 4,300 horsepower per unit.

How fast they can go depends on how much weight is being carried behind them. If you have a three thousand ton freight train behind you, it can hit fifty miles per hour easily. If you have a ten thousand ton coal train behind you that equals out to a one hundred and fifty car train. Maximum you'll do on flat land is about thirty five to fourty miles per hour. You can throw that kind of speed out the window if you are climbing a mountain grade without a helper set on the rear. You would be lucky to do twenty miles an hour going up the mountain grades like we have around here.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The newest one to come out of the Huntington Locomotive Shops.

This is Family Lines System "L&N 7011" dressed up in the Louisville & Nashville's "Xtra Reliable" scheme that was put on some of their General Electric U30C locomotives in the early to mid 1970s. In reality, the U30Cs that the "Old Reliable" owned were never really that successful while they were in service with the railroad. During that time, a lot of their U30Cs were in the shops being serviced due to a mechanical problem here and a mechanical problem there.

new topics

top topics

join