It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: Points System Is Being Revamped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
wow, well i for 1 dont care 1 way or another a great amount but hopfully the store could be modified a little bit?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
wow, well i for 1 dont care 1 way or another a great amount but hopfully the store could be modified a little bit?

In what way?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If points are harder to get, it would be nice if the monthly cost to maintain access to RATS were lower. I can easily see more and more people dropping access because they aren't the first with news stories and their monthly posting points just aren't adding up anymore to maintain their points balance.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oh, look what happened.

And I was only 158 points short to be in the 100K club.

I Guess I have to wait quite a while now to get 100K...

So... who wants applauds?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
hmmm

I see that now posting on ATSNN is worth a LOT more then posting on alternative topics of ATS.
So we have now officialy shifted, at least from the standpoint of rewarding posts, from being an alternative news source and discussion on it to being yet another normal news source copy/pasting from "credible" news outlets.

Yes, I know, theoreticaly points dont matter, theoreticaly people can post wherever they want to regardless of points etc, etc.
In reality, people are motivated by points and will post more in ATSNN, so the focus DOES shift from alternative news to normal mass media news (90% of it being about terror, just like any other news on CNN, BBC, etc, etc). To keep ATSNN on a certain "credible" level, only "credible" news sources regarding current events can be seen there and it only pertains to actual current event and not on possible conspiracy behind it.

There should be MORE points for posting on alternative topic on ATS, which IS what ATS is all about, then for posting the latest copy/paste from CNN or FOX News.

But if the staff has decided to move the board in direction of being yet another news source, then the huge amount of points given for ATSNN makes sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
paperclip,

I think you make some excellent points. In my mind, the solution would be for those of us who are able to be more liberal with applauses than in the past to award people who generally contribute to the alternative/conspiratorial topic discussion on the site to make up for the loss of automatic point grants in those forums.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Er.......this sucks bad man!! Youve cut my points in half and spread them between two boards I have never posted on. Because that makes a world of sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Would have made sense to have made the bit of code that split all the points up to check to see if they have ever posted on BTS or PTS. If they hadn't it could have just not split the points.

As it stands i think there is going to be a lot of annoyed and frustrated people

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
So we have now officialy shifted, at least from the standpoint of rewarding posts, from being an alternative news source and discussion on it to being yet another normal news source copy/pasting from "credible" news outlets.

This is a good point that I hope will be adressed. SO?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This just might be what the doctor ordered to bring PTS to life, and that's nice.

Pricing changes are probably in order, and we're going to have to be on the lookout for spamming. It's counterintuitive- weighting the system more heavily towards merit based awards should cut down on spamming, but somehow I don't think that will penetrate the protective shell encasing the cognitive center of your average spammer.

It's nice that points will better reflect quality now, although we can expect some gripes on that issue since veteran members will have stellar pointcounts no matter how full of it they may be.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
hmmm....not able to go back to beginning? that sucks
maybe I shouldn't have spent my 200000 plus points on voting for the change

just kidding... this is much better imo, equal points across the 3 boards should eliminate some of the complaints about threads being moved to BTS or PTS because the point system wasn't the same before. Now that it's all equal, there should be no complaints when a thread gets moves, you'll get the same points anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
As always change takes some time to adjust to. I see many here complaining about a new point system when there has not been enough time to give it a chance.

Are you here only because of the points?

You can and will earn them. The higher quality, well researched posts will bring you the rewards, points being only a small part of that. The greatest reward you can get here in these forums, to me, is the reactions and replies to a good post. Staff will applaud your efforts here!

To be honest with you, most of the points I have were earned in ATSNN, but I must admit, after buying access to RATS and a few other things in the ATS store when I was still a member (not that long ago) I became oblivious to the points. I spent my time enjoying this community.. reading, posting and interacting with others here. Until this change I hardly ever looked at or noticed points.

Gazz

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What I should have said:

There has been no change in how points are assigned for posting and receiving replies to your thread except that each board earns unique points, the PTS board now accumulates points, and replies in BTS are now 2 points. Everything else is unchanged.

This change was presented by your elected council members, presented to the membership for "funding" via volunteer taxation, and scheduled for production after the new servers came online.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well it took a long time for me to get my 10,000 points, and it was cool when I got it, I was happy. Now thats been spat all over and distributed to some boards that I would never think of even looking at. A change of ATS for the worst.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There has been no change in how points are assigned for posting and receiving replies to your thread except that each board earns unique points, the PTS board now accumulates points, and replies in BTS are now 2 points. Everything else is unchanged.

Oh, so that means the ATS threads still have their higher point values? Cool...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ive noticed that the store was the "ats store" which obviously stuff paid for with ats points. since there are pts and bts, does that mean we are going to have 2 new stores? can i cut the ribbon on the first opening of the stores?

maybe people should be able to exchange points from pts/bts to ats when they want to but at a charge of points. maybe points can work like a currency and each day the value of the ats/pts/bts points change? get me 1000bts = 100 ats today and tommorow it will be different? no? rubbish ideas from me, lol...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have a good idea, give me my darn points back, why would I want to visit BTS? I can go to any forum on the internet and discuss the squatch thats there. But ATS is one of a kind, I want my points back!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My main 'desire' for points was to aquire more upload space.....making it easier to post photos......( I know I could upload them to photobucket or some such, but that too takes time....and someone is always running me off the computer before I get anything done, much less learn any thing new......and I already knew how to upload at the mem center thingy.)

Now if my total points will still 'spend' on the upload space, I'm OK with it.......If my ATS points are the only ones I can spend there, I'm not so OK......I would have gone ahead and spent my points buying that before my 'currency was devalued'......?? If I was 'warned about this occurance' in recent days....sorry I missed the alert......I've had my head buried in a particular busy thread lately! ( re: Springer?)

Although I'm not a big PTS fan..... it usually involves a bit too much 'mud slinging' to suit me.....now, from looking at my present point spread, I seem to be a bit muddier than I might would like. Ah, well......so it goes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join