It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair's Right Hand Man Quite's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Alastair Campbell sensationally quite today as Tony Blair's closest aide and No 10 communications director.

David Hill will succeed hin at 10 Downing St but operate a new communications structure, Prime Minister Tony Blair's office siad tonight.

Mr Campbells immediate departure came after a bizzard of evidence to the Hutton enquiry that he was at the heart of the events leading to the death of weapons expert Dr David Kelly.

For the rest of the news flash click below:

www.thisislondon.com...

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks BW.I hadn't seen that yet.

We knew he was going but no one thought he'd go now.

A raft of new documents are available to the public today and can be found on the hutton inquiry website.
This may have something to do with it

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks JB1 will have a look at them.

Sadly I would say that Alastair Campbell is being made a some what small "scapegoat" ? who knows?

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What is so damaging is the timing.

If he had waited until after the Hutton inquiry he would of been the notable scalp.This does not deflect blame from the Prime Minister.

For Hutton Inquiry website.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
AC - you were the weakest link - goodbye

in a world where spin sems important - its sad that a life should be lost to some PR wannabe - he isnt the last - and its about time politics reverted to what it should be - less about spin and more about the people. Now maybe my holier than thou Blair will understand what playing Presidential politics in a Monarchy might lead to.

just my 2 pence

Silk

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Now, how many is that jumped ship?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Widow i think you mean "quits" right?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I said in a post yesterday morning that Campbell would be leaving, however i believed he would have waited for the Hutton Inquiry's conclusion. Politics should be less about spin and more about people, but the tabloid press in this country control who wins elections and Campbell wasn't hated by the tory press for his spin, it was his talent they didn't like. Alastair Campbell was a very important member of Mr Blair's inner circle, he had extraordinary powers and of course was not elected, he was able to issue instructions to civil servants and was hugely influential in forming New Labour policies. I am not going to cry about his departure, although i fear that if Blair's administration falls apart at the seems it could allow the Tories back into power.
This would be a disaster and those of us who care about the state of politics in Britain would be desperate for the return of New Labour, spin and all.

The Life and Times of Alastair Campbell

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes you are right, it should be "QUITS", well done, you dont get anything for spotting it though!

(too much Baileys last night, when I was writing)

blackwidow

top topics

join