It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for Censors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have a suggestion to improve the censor system. Instead of deleting words like bull#. We can replace them with different words. The words will have a different theme every month. For example in september the theme could be computers and s*** will become RAM, Then in October the theme is office supplies so s*** can become stapler.

Holy Stapler. I think its a good way to make censors fun
What do you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I for one can accept the censors, but i don't necessarily agree with them.

I believe in saying it how it is. If i need to use the word s**t, then i would like to in the context of what i am writing. Using the word stapler or anything else is funny i grant you, but we are all adults here (or are we?) and would hope that words used like that are used in the context meant.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
...but we are all adults here (or are we?)

Not necessarily. As the T&C state, some software filters sites by the frequency of language used. In order to reach as large an audience as possible (including those of a younger persuasion), ATS wishes to keep the site as clean as possible.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Like i said. I can accept the censors.

I do understand that we have some ' young' members on board, but I'm sure they all know about bad language.
When all said and done, most of it is in the English dictionary, and is part of the English language.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well we need some censors for a reason. Anyhow I like the idea of making the paperclipping censors more fun.

new topics

top topics

join