It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter From God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My dear children, and believe Me, that is all of you, I consider Myself a pretty patient guy. I mean, look at the Grand Canyon. It took millions of years to get it right. And about evolution? Boy, nothing is slower than designing that whole Darwinian thing to take place cell by cell and gene by gene.

And I have been patient through your fashions, your civilizations, wars and schemes, and the countless ways that you take Me for granted until you get yourselves into big trouble again and again.

I want to let you know about some of the things that started ticking Me off. First of all, your religious rivalries are driving Me up a wall. Enough already!

Let's get one thing straight. These are your religions, not Mine. I'm the whole enchilada. I'm beyond 'em all.

Every one of your religions claims that there's only one of Me, which, by the way, is absolutely true, but in the very next breath each religion claims that it's My favorite one. And each claims its holy books was written personally by Me, and that all of the other holy books are man-made. Oh, Me. How do I ever begin to put a stop to such complicated nonsense?

All right, listen up now. I am your Father and Mother, and I don't play favorites among My children.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but I don't write. My longhand is awful, and I've always been more of a doer anyway. So ALL of your books, including those holy ones, were written by men and women. They were inspired men and women, they were remarkable people, but they also made mistakes here and there. And I made sure of that, so that you would never trust a written word rather than your own living heart.

You see, one human being to Me -- even a bum on the street -- is worth more than all of the holy books in the world. That's just the kind of a guy I am.

My spirit is not an historical thing. It's alive right now, right now, as fresh as your next breath. Holy books and religious rites are sacred and powerful, but they are not more so than the least of you. They were only meant to steer you in the right direction, not to keep you arguing with each other, and certainly not to keep you from trusting your own personal connection with Me.

Which brings Me to My next point about your nonsense. You act like I need you and your religions to stick up for Me or win souls for My sake. Please, don't do Me any favors. I can stand quite well on My own, thank you. I don't need you to defend Me, I don't need constant credit. I just want you to be good to each other.

And another thing. I don't get all worked up over money or politics, so stop dragging My name into your dramas. For example, I swear to Me that I never threatened Oral Roberts. I never rode in any of Rajneesh's Rolls Royces and I never told Pat Robertson to run for president, and I have never had a conversation with Jim Bakker, Jerry Falwell or Jimmy Swaggart.

Of course, come Judgment Day, I certainly intend to.

Now the thing is, I want you to stop thinking of religion as some sort of a loyalty pledge to Me. The true purpose of religion is so that YOU can become more aware of ME, not the other way around. Believe Me, I know you already. I know what's in each of your hearts, and I love you anyway with no strings attached. So, lighten up and enjoy Me. That's what religion's best for.

What you seem to forget is how mysterious I am. You look at the petty differences in your scriptures and you say, "Well, if this is the truth, then that can't be." But instead of trying to figure out My paradoxes and unfathomable nature -- which, by the way, you never will -- why not open your hearts to the simple, common threads of every religion? You know what I'm talking about. Play nice with each other. Love and respect everyone. Be kind. Even when life is scary or confusing, take courage and be of good cheer, for I'm always with you.

And learn how to be quiet, so that you can hear My still, small voice. I don't like to shout. Leave the world a better place by living your life with dignity and gracefulness, for you are My own child. Hold back nothing from life, for the parts of you that can die surely will, and the parts that can't, won't. So don't worry, be happy. (I stole that last line from Bobby McFerrin, but Who gave it to him in the first place?)

Simple stuff now. Why do you keep making it so complicated? It's like you're always looking for an excuse to be upset. And I am very tired of being your main excuse. Do you think whether you call Me God, or Yahweh, or Jehovah, Allah, Wakatonka, Brahma, Father, Mother, even the Void of Nirvana? Do you think I care which of My Special Children you feel closest to -- Jesus, Mary, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed or any of the others? You can call Me and My Special Ones any names you choose, if only you will go about My business of loving one another as I love you. How can you keep neglecting something so simple?

No, I am not telling you to abandon your religions. Enjoy your religions, honor them, learn from them, just as you should enjoy, honor, and learn from your parents. But do you walk around telling everyone that your parents are better than theirs? Your religion, like your parents, may always have the most special place in your heart. I don't mind that at all. And I don't want you to combine all of the great traditions into One big mess. Each religion is unique for a reason. Each has a unique style so that people can find the best path for themselves. But My Special Children -- the ones that your religions revolve around -- all live in the same place in My heart, and they get along perfectly, I assure you.

The clergy must stop creating a myth of sibling rivalry where there is none. My blessed children of Earth, the world has grown too small for your pervasive religious bigotries and confusion. The whole planet is now connected by air travel, satellite dishes, telephones, fax machines, rock concerts, diseases and mutual needs and concerns. Get with the program!

If you really want to help me celebrate the birthday of My Son Jesus, then commit yourselves to figuring out how to feed your hungry and clothe your naked, and protect your abused and shelter your poor. And just as important, make your own everyday life a shining example of kindness and good humor. I've given you all the resources you need, if only you abandon your fear of each other and begin living, and loving and laughing together.

Now, I am not really ticked off. Not really. I just wanted to grab your attention because I hate to see you suffer. But I gave you free will, so what can I do now other than try to influence you through reason, persuasion, and a little old-fashioned guilt and manipulation?

After all, you know I am the original Jewish Mother. I just want you to be happy, and I'll sit in the dark. I really am with you always.

Always.

Trust in Me.

Your One and Only,
God

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
But I have heard about you before. Don't you also go by the names:

Abaddon
The accuser of our brethren
The adversary
Apollyon
Beelzebub
Belial
the Devil
dragon
the enemy
father of all lies
god of this world
king of Babylon
king of Tyrus
little horn
Lucifer
man of sin
that old serpent

Just a few of your names.

Machine

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, a little defensive there, eh, Machine? I thought the letter was touching, inspirational, moving, sweet and heartening. You and I must really be coming from different perspectives...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'll have to go with Machine there..... besides, there can only be one truth.
Good works do not bring salvation, we are beyond that. Just gotta accept the forgivenness thats freely given, that through Christ.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
God says faith with out works mean nothing. you can have all the faith in the world, but if you have no works or action for God it all means nothing.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The letter was rather well written. And it figures that someone is going to accuse you of being Satan and what have you.

You know, I read the Bible. The old testament has God taking cities down and promising to trod enemies underfoot.

The old testament has God not being happy he made us.

I think the interpretation of spin on those documents must be wrong.

For our God is a loving God. Jesus is proof of that. For Jesus said, if you remember but one thing that I have told you, it is for you to love one another as I have loved you. It doenst get much simpler then that.

I appreciatte your letter. I read it carefully and honesly, if I were God, that is how I would have written it.

And if God is punishing God, and he does play favorites, well then we have a big problem on our hands. I dont beleive this to be the case. I dont recall Jesus out starting a bunch of wars.....

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I also find these 2 to be enlightening.

Religious Rivalries

Dear Children (and believe us, that's all of you), We consider ourselves pretty patient folks. For instance, look at the Grand Canyon. It took millions of years to get it right
We've been patient through your fashions, civilizations, wars and schemes.

We want to let you know about some of the things that are starting to tick Us off.

First of all, your religious rivalries are driving Us up a wall. Enough already! Let's get one thing straight: These are YOUR religions, not Ours. We're beyond them all. Every one of your religions claims there is only one of Us (which by the way, is absolutely true). And each claims its scriptures were written personally by us, and that all the other scriptures are man-made. How do We even begin to put a stop to such complicated nonsense?

Okay, listen up now. We're your Father AND Mother, and We don't play favorites among Our children.

Also, We hate to break it to you, but We don't write. Our longhand is awful, and We've always been more of "doers" anyway. So, ALL of your books, including those Bibles, were written by men and women. They were inspired, remarkable people, but they also made mistakes here and there. We made sure of that so that you would never trust a written word more than your own living heart.
You see, one human being to Us, even a bum on the street, is worth more than all the Holy Books in the world. That's just the kind of folks we are. Our spirit is not a historical thing. It's alive right here, right now, as fresh as your next breath.
Holy books and religious rites are sacred and powerful, but not more so than the least of you. They were only meant to steer you in the right direction, not to keep you arguing with each other, and certainly not to keep you from trusting your own personal connection with Us.

Which brings Us to Our next point about your nonsense; you act like We need you and your religions to stick up for Us or "win souls" for Our sake. Please, don't do Us any favors. We can stand quite well on our own, thank you. We don't need you to defend Us, and We don't need constant credit. We just want you to be good to each other.

The thing is, We want you to stop thinking of religion as some sort of loyalty pledge to Us.
The true purpose of your religion is so that YOU can become more aware of Us, not the other way around. Believe Us, We know you already. We know what's in each of your hearts, and We love you with no strings attached.
Lighten up and enjoy Us. That's what religion is best for.

What you seem to forget is how mysterious We are.
You look at the petty differences in your Scriptures and say, "Well, if THIS is the truth, then THAT can't be!" But instead of trying to figure out Our Paradoxes and Unfathomable Nature, which by the way, you NEVER will, why not open your hearts to the simple common threads in all religions.
You know what We're talking about. Love and respect everyone. Be kind, even when life is scary or confusing. Take courage and be of good cheer, for We are always with you. Learn how to be quiet, so you can hear Our still, small voice. (We don't like to shout).

Leave the world a better place by living your life with dignity and gracefulness, for you are Our Own Children. Hold back nothing from life, for the parts of you that can die surely will, and the parts that can't, won't.

Simple stuff. Why do you keep making it so complicated? It's like you're always looking for an excuse to be upset. And We're very tired of being your main excuse. Do you think We care whether you call Us: Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, Diana, Wakantonka, Brahma, Cerridwen, Father, Mother, God, Goddess or even the Void of Nirvana? Do you think We care which of Our special children you feel closest to, Jesus, Mary, Buddha, Krishna, Gerald, Mohammed or any of the others? You can call Us and Our Special Ones any name you choose, if only you would go about Our business of loving one another as We love you. How can you keep neglecting something so simple?

We're not telling you to abandon your religions. Enjoy your religions, honor them, and learn from them, just as you should enjoy, honor, and learn from your parents.
Know that Our Special Children, the ones that your religions revolve around, all live in the same place, (Our heart), and they get along perfectly, We assure you.

The clergy must stop creating a myth of sibling rivalry where there is none. Our blessed children of Earth, the world has grown too small for your pervasive religious bigotries and confusion. The whole planet is connected by air travel, satellite dishes, telephones, fax machines, rock concerts, diseases, and mutual needs and concerns.
Get with the program! If you really want to help, then commit yourselves to figuring out how to feed your hungry, clothe your naked, protect your abused, and shelter your poor. And just as importantly, make your own everyday life a shining example of kindness and good humor. We've given you all the resources you need, if only you abandon your fear of each other and begin living, loving and laughing together.

We're not really ticked off. We just wanted to grab your attention because We hate to see you suffer.

In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust,

Us

All Gods are One

Well, it had been yet another bad day in the office,
and once again it was the fault of that new girl,
Mary Anne. She is one of those Pagans, a so called
witch. How can anyone in their right mind make this
claim, knowing that it goes against God and all of the
teachings of the Bible?

She doesn't even have the common decency to keep her
satanic symbol, her pentagram necklace hidden from the
view of the decent, God fearing people in the office.
She has some nerve. I find that I cannot hate her
for this though, for I know that she has been
deceived. Satan works his evil in ways that she
cannot see. I've seen that so called Wiccan Rede that
she has tacked to the wall above her computer.
On the surface, it looks like a decent loving belief,
but all one must do is look, look closely and see that
by practicing this way, and not embracing Jesus
Christ as savior, she is on the pathway to hell.

As I've said, it was a bad day in the office. Three
times in the past few weeks I have been called in to
see my supervisor, and he has told me that I am not
allowed to preach to Mary Anne the word of God, to show
her the error of her ways. Today, my supervisor told
me that if I continue to "harass" Mary Anne, he will be
forced to terminate me. How can he say this? He
himself is a God fearing man. And, how can he be so
tolerant of the evil that he sees insinuating itself
into our workplace?

As I lay down to sleep last night, I asked the Lord
for guidance. "God, grant me a true vision of you, so
that I may better lead the faithless onto the
righteous path." "Oh, a true vision of Me is it?
Are you sure that you're ready, truly ready to see, my
son?"

I sat bolt upright in bed, and there, at the foot of
my bed, white of hair and beard, in a long, flowing
white robe, stood the Lord my God. I made to leap from
the bed and fall to my knees in front of Him, but he
stopped me with a gesture. "Kneel not before me at
this time my son. Instead, rise and walk with Me, so
that you may get a glimpse of what I truly am, as you
asked of me in your prayer."

He took my hand, and as I looked, my bedroom was no
longer there, but a pathway thru the woods. We started
to walk, and I was too awestruck for words. We took
the path to the left, and we were then inside St.
Catherine's Church, in the middle of a service. While
still standing beside me, God seemed to expand and
fill the whole of the church. I could see smiles of
contentment forming on some of the parishioners faces.
I felt blessed. God smiled upon me.

"The Catholics hold such pretty masses, don't they? I
like to stop here in this church, because not only do
they speak the words, but they live the life, thru
teaching, helping the sick and poor, not only with
handouts, but helping them learn to help themselves.
Now let us walk on."

And we were back on the pathway. We traveled a bit
further along, and then were in the parlor of a
funeral home. A young woman was kneeling before the
casket, resting her head on it and crying. I could see
by the similarity, that this dead man must be her
father. God knelt bedside her, and drew His arms about
her. "Miss him, that is all right, but weep not for
him, for now he is with Me." She wiped her eyes, and
stood with a sad smile upon her face, and said
"Good-Bye Daddy. I'll miss you." and turned and left
the room.

And we were back on the pathway. We walked a little
ways, and we were in front of a large lodge of
some kind. I could hear music and laughter spilling
out of the window. I turned to look at God, and was
shocked to see, not the flowing white robe, but Him
wearing leather and animal furs, his hair and beard
now the color of wheat, and a sword strapped across
His back. He strode forth, and I saw him approach a
figure I had not seen before. As I looked close, I was
shocked to see that it was the same face that I had
just seen dead, but looking young and strong, and
dressed in ancient looking garb, an ax strapped to his
waist. God strode up to him and grabbed him in a great
bear hug. "Welcome my son. We've been waiting for
you. Now, go inside and raise a cup or two, and meet
with your brother." And, with a hearty slap on the
back, he sent the man inside. And then we were back on
the pathway.

We walked a bit further, and then we were in a mosque.
At least I believed so, as I had never been in one
before, but had seen pictures of them. The group of
worshippers was not large, but I could see their rapt
faces as they listened to the mullah speak. He was
speaking to them of purity, both of the mind and the
body, bringing them closer to Allah. And as he spoke,
God, dressed now in the robes of the desert, walked
among them and briefly laid his hands upon each set of
shoulders. And, from their faces, I could see that
these men knew that the words of the mullah were true,
and that their spirits felt touched by God. And then
we were back on the pathway.

After we had walked a bit, we found ourselves in an
African village. People with skin as black as night,
the women with their breasts shamefully bared, were
dancing in a circle, to the rhythm of the drums being
played by a group of men. Somehow though, I was not
offended by the bared breasts, and the music seemed to
seep into my soul. God was then a mighty lion, and He
let forth a mighty roar. The villagers did not seem
to hear, but the drums increased their pounding, and
the dancers danced with a frenzy. and then we were
back on the pathway.

We walked a bit more, and were on the top of a cliff.
There sat, painted and covered with feathers, an old
Navajo man. As I watched, he seemed to change into
the form of an eagle and take flight, and we were
flying with him, soaring high into the air, seeing the
vista spread out below us. And God, in the form of an
eagle Himself, seemed to guide this other eagle thru
the air, over mountains and thru valleys, until he
came upon a group of men. As I watched, the old Navajo
man was no longer an eagle, but a young boy instead,
and he sat at the feet of these men, to listen to the
words of his elders. And then we were back on the
pathway.

We traveled a bit, and then we were in a forest
clearing. I knew this place. It was known as a place
of devil worship and evil. In the center of the
clearing roared a great bonfire, and kiwi torches
outlined a circle of sorts. Inside this circle, in a
circle themselves, stood 7 men and 6 women, dressed in
robes of varying colors, their arms raised to the
moon. Was that one woman Mary Anne? I really couldn't
be sure. And God walked among them in the circle,
touching each one. He seemed not to be an older
man now, but as he made each of three turns around the
circle, he was first a young girl, bouncing with
energy, then a woman of middle years, with a tender
smile for all Her children, and finally, an old woman,
body bent, but holding Her head up with pride. And a
woman stepped forward, and yes, it was Mary Anne, and
lifted her head to the sky. "Great Goddess, Mother of
us all, thank you for joining us tonight. Stay if You
will, go if You must. Know in our hearts You will
always be welcome. Blessed be!!"

And we were back on the pathway. As we walked along,
ahead in the distance I saw the most beautiful man.
Yes, beautiful, though I would never normally think of
a man this way. With blonde hair, and a golden robe,
he seemed to radiate sunshine. God and this golden man
nodded to each other as they passed, sharing a smile
together. "My Lord" I asked, "was that an angel?"
"Well, yes, he is known as that to some. He is also
known to some as a god himself. That was Lucifer."

And His words caused me to stumble. I couldn't believe
that we had just passed the ultimate evil. God looked
at me, and He knew my mind. And he chuckled a bit.
"Think about it logically My son. The Lucifer that you
know is a fallen angel, cast out of heaven for
challenging Me. If I am the all powerful being, above
all others, how could he do this? How could I allow
it?" "But, the Bible..." I stammered. "The Bible is a
wonderful book, as are the Koran and the Torah and
many others, but they are just books, written by the
hand of man, not written by Me. And, it's a bit
confusing as well if truth be known, but that's not up
to Me to fix. These books are wonderful, but only as
guidance, for each man and woman must think for
themselves." And, I believed He was right in this.

"Now, come forth, we must journey a little more before
you go back." And He took my hand once again. As we
followed the pathway, we soared thru the stars,
listening to the music of the heavens, we became a
little flower and a mighty oak, we became a babbling
brook, and a mighty ocean. We flitted from flower to
flower as a little honey bee, and ran across the
plains as a mighty stallion. And, all too soon, the
pathway returned us to my home. God held my hand a
moment longer, and smiled into my face, "My son, you
prayed tonight for a true vision of Me. For vision,
you must only open your eyes and see what there is to
see. Good night to you."

And then He was gone, and I was back in my bed. A
dream I thought, only a dream, that couldn't have been
real. At that time, a bolt of lightning lit up my room
thru the window, and thunder crashed thru the sky, and
I thought I heard, from seemingly far away, "Remember,
the Lord works in mysterious ways My son."

This morning as I entered the office, I went to the
machine for a cup of coffee, and standing there, I
spied Mary Anne. As I approached her, I could see her
barely cringe, and I could see in her face that she
was expecting yet another onslaught from me and my
book. She seemed to cast her eyes about for a way to
escape, but there was none. I walked up to her and
smiled. " I think I owe you a bit of an apology" I
said. "I've been a bit narrow minded of late, and I
really had no right to subject you to what I did. It's
not up to me to say how you find your path to your
spirit, and I was wrong to think that was so."
Mary Anne just stood there, not knowing what to say.
"So, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry,
and I hope you will forgive my trespass. God bless you
Mary Anne, and...uh...Blessed Be?"

You know, I always thought that it was just a saying,
about people's jaws dropping to the floor, but
Mary Anne did her best at that moment to prove me
wrong...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank GOD i was wondering when you were gonna post in here.

I've been pretty good (most of the time..ok some) but was it really necessary to let that ball go between Buckner's legs? I mean c'mon i was praying my lil' 10 year old heart out. Were you really so mad about the Bambino thing. I realise your busy right now but some feedback would be appreciated. Of course the 0-4 comeback vs. the satan's Yankees was righteous(pun intented)

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I find the letter interesting god, except for the business of judgement day. You might want to reconsider that.

This whole life after death thing seems a bit overrated if you ask me. Once you die, you no longer care if you get resurrected or not. Death avoidance would be pretty cool, but first dying and then coming back into existence seems pretty pointless.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There is soul and a spirit, a life after death, and a judgement day. There is a way God wants you to get there. Just open your eyes and talk with God. may he open your eyes for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
perhaps it is your eyes that need ajustment?

you said,

There is soul and a spirit

please define YOUR intrepretation of the difference.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
There is soul and a spirit, a life after death, and a judgement day. There is a way God wants you to get there. Just open your eyes and talk with God. may he open your eyes for you.

Sorry, to dissappoint, but this is the only shot at existence you get, and you're wasting it humbling yourself before your imaginary friend.

Gloat all you want about judgement day nonsense if it makes you feel better.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
stalkingwolf
Every one has a soul, but they might not be a spirit of God. The soul and sprit are almost the same thing. Its hard to explan, both come from God. everyone has a soul, that soul will go to judgement, the soul holds the sins it has committed. A spirit comes from God, it has power in the soul, to help the soul. If your not with God you can never fully understand the soul or the spirit.

Spam its only your day dream that God is not alive, knock knock, time to get up.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
maybe you are all wrong. or maybe you are all right. Certainly you all feel you are right. I am less sure what the heck is going on with this whole God thing. I do believe in an eternal soul, but I still have not got the God thing figured. I cannot see God being 'Christian' or 'Moslem' or 'Jewish', etc. any single faith being exclusively correct would really shock me after death. But I do agree on many other points.
We are in the doo doo, and our careless and harmful acts have to be answered for. God or no God, we will pay for our vain gluttonous destruction of the earth. No doubt.
Letter from God.
Without Prejudice:
Today is cleaning day, so please excuse the inconvenience, while I wipe the slate clean and start the whole planet over again.
Have a nice day.
God

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Think about this if you will for a moment, the universe, galaxy, supposedly infinite in depth, has the things we call elements. They are the components of the universe that compose stars, planets, and all celestial bodies.

In their basic form...none of the elements are " alive " by our definition.
Quartz, with pressure applied, provides a frequency. A current. Electricity. I dont know what other elements do that, but Im assuming there must be others.

These elements have come together in life forms. Like you and I, animals and plants, that they may exist in a life, other then in their basic form which is inanimate.

Copper, living in the human being, is alive is it not? After all, we as life forms are 90 some odd percent water, and the rest elements. Is life the universes way of coming alive? Or is it....

When one considers God..thats a mighty tall order. Creator of life? Creation of planets? The stars? Would be be able to comprehend God if we saw him? I dont think we would. Is it possible, as it has been posed here in other forums, that God is an ET? Perhaps a highly evolved et. Who can create life, planets and otherwise through a mastery of dimensions and physics.

The negotiation between the elements in our bodies and the formation of life is indeed a miracle. The brain is highly developed, and for what purpose? Our bodies are held together in a synergy of bonds between inanimate elements that somehow gained an awarenss.

When your body passes away, you are not going to leave. Your elements, and composition of your body will be part of the universe FOREVER. Whether you can have consciousness of human capacity no one knows.

Our electrical existence as life forms was an addition to the universe, yet matter cannot be created of destroyed. The electrical energy and neuro impulses that your body uses are additions to the world. They are a transformation of elements into emotion, life, love, and all of the wonderous things that go along with being alive. Where do they go? I believe we are a permant weve into the fabric of the universe. And as it says in the Bible, heaven is a wonderous place no man can imagine.

For man to say there is no God is perfectly normal. How many young teenage children think their parents are dumb as box of rocks? Remember Bill Cosby? When he left for college, he couldnt believe how dumb his dad was. After four years, he couldnt beleive how much he had learned.
We are the kids, God is the Dad.

I submit this is the case for man. God isnt going to go around justifying his existence to everyone. We will find out sooner or later. If God isnt, then he isnt. If God is, then well, how about that. But I think, that a world with God in it, is a better world then a God without, existing or not.

But ask yourself this...Would you know God if you saw him? Would you expect people to believe you if God was in your living room? Most would say no. Yet if he was there, we would be faced with the dilemma of proving God existed. Think of the dilemma for God to prove himself. Sorry God, your just an ET? We thought you were something bigger.....mans arrogance.

So why is it that so many want to disprove God to those of us that believe?
They are like the kids in school who didnt believe in Santa. Always wanting to rain on someones parade. Yet I can assure you, at Christmas time, they will be right there with the spirit of things. Without Santa, and without God, the world is only about the money. And about you getting yours. It becomes every man for himself,because after all, as it has been stated, this is your only go round.

God will make himself known to everyman someday in his own way. And like the child that thinks no one loves or cares for them, despite having parents and family that do, sometimes it just takes a little time to see. A come to God experience if you will.
Not everything is apparent to they eye or to the less observant.

Look and you will see. Listen and you will hear. Ask and you shall recieve.

Love is everything.

Peace

[edit on 28-8-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dear God,

I'm just a simple man, with a simple plan, I do not wish to be involved in any stupid scooby doo type adventures with the bible pals. I don't like to get up on Sunday to go to a building and sit in the boring awe of all that is methodist. People say I'll go to hell, I say, well I guess I can save you a seat.

What I'm trying to say really is ME GUSTAS FEUGO!

a lowly animal,

lysergolectric

external image

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Lysergic]

new topics

top topics

join