It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Speaking generally, I am curious why M3 figures are no longer being reported by the federal reserve as of March, for the first time since the 50's.

Official excuse is the costs of collecting and publishing the data outweigh the benefits:
Discontinuance of M3 -federalreserve.gov

Unofficially it's called screw accountablity and transparency and the start of the Weimar Republic II. The Fed will now hide how many dollars are being created, will try to mask dollar devaluation, attempt to cover up the intitial stages of hyperinflation and make unlimited purchases of securities for stop loss purposes.

Bernanke says, "The Fed could enforce these interest-rate ceilings by committing to make unlimited purchases of securities up to two years from maturity at prices consistent with the targeted yields"
www.federalreserve.gov...

The Bernanke Era
A Few Thoughts On Recently Announced Reporting Changes At The Fed

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Today was going to be the day that Iran oil bourse would hit the markets, but like much talk it is only going as far as words. Now that Iran sort of might pull out of what they once said and is now wanting to talk to the USA about Iraq (among other things) we are now trying to figure out other ways our lives will be crushed. USA debt 9 trillion oh my that is $30,000 for each person in the USA but that is still short of Japan's $56,000 per person almost double of the USA. I guess it beats the hell out of taxes going up (if it were only that easy). Now we must wonder why the USA is dumping keeping track of the dollars, but another thing we fail to see is how the rest of the world is making changes too. The markets are doing good infact the Dow is hitting highs again (people are cashing out of the once great real estate and going back into the markets) to be a successful investor follow the trends but don't be to far behind, the oil came down today because the USA reported a growing supply. Now you are getting countries who are discovering black gold where else but Mexico and Afghanistan. Get use to the USD because I don't think it will go anywhere for awhile.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i would appriciate anyones opinion on my thread about this which goes a bit more in depth as to not only why this is so important, but how it effects ALL countries. also i explain why our oil monopoly is so important to our world dominance in the Central Banks.

mbkennel id like you to take a look at it seeing i think it was you saying it couldnt work.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by entde
USA debt 9 trillion oh my that is $30,000 for each person in the USA but that is still short of Japan's $56,000 per person almost double of the USA.

You lost me here, since you are eluding to high deficits means the economy goes to crap. So what's the comparison suppose to be about?

Japan's economy reflects their spending, it stinks like holy hell with a recession and deflationary cycle for the last 10+ years. Lucky they had a high personal savings rate they would be economic toast.

Explaining Japan's Recession - Mises Institute

US is on it's on our way though with no savings:
US savings rate hits lowest level since 1933
Currencies: Dollar falls against euro on trade-deficit concerns

Originally posted by entde Now we must wonder why the USA is dumping keeping track of the dollars, but another thing we fail to see is how the rest of the world is making changes too. The markets are doing good infact the Dow is hitting highs again (people are cashing out of the once great real estate and going back into the markets) to be a successful investor follow the trends but don't be to far behind, the oil came down today because the USA reported a growing supply. Now you are getting countries who are discovering black gold where else but Mexico and Afghanistan. Get use to the USD because I don't think it will go anywhere for awhile.

Market volume is at lows and mainly program trading, so no one is jumping into the stock markets cept the Fed, especially for a risky and piddly 3-5% average annualized return. Do youn follow Fed repos and coupon pass action? Tell me what's been going on recently.

Read this thread in regards to what's driving the US markets and manipulating corrections:
Gool's post-The Plunge Protection Team

Fed is fueling bull market for money funds
The U.S. Government's Bubble Blowing Machine

People aren't cashing out of housing, they are mortgaging to the hilt while consumer prices are increasing and wages are lowering. Your seeing the housing bubble starting to implode, which means losses, foreclosures and defaults.

Our Worst Nightmare: The Puncture of the Current U.S. Housing Bubble
Millions facing monthly squeeze on house payments

Dollar isn't going anywhere? Just what charts do you look at anyway?

The trade deficit's deep bite
A $225 billion U.S. trade deficit means we're deeper in the red than 20 years ago and sinking fast. Among the impacts: A lower standard of living for all of us in the years ahead.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You best practice and find out how ithe game really works,
before you play with the sharks and lose hard currency:
game.marketwatch.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Japan's economy reflects their spending, it stinks like holy hell with a recession and deflationary cycle for the last 10+ years. Lucky they had a high personal savings rate they would be economic toast.

Not to mention, they had to lower their prime lending rate to near zero i.e. 0.1%. which after almost a decade of deflation they have now stated they want to ease back up thus unwinding the yen-dollar carry trade. Another source of market nervousness.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Another Middle East energy bourse takes form as IMEX.
Al Jazeera's headquarters and CENTCOM's forward headquarters is in Qatar.

Bush signs Bahrain trade pact, a first for Gulf Jan 1, 2006

PFC Energy Appointed as Lead Consultant
for Multi-billion Dollar Energy City - Qatar
-pdf file
Main PFC Energy Offices in US:
-1300 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite 800
Washington, D.C. 20036 USA
-4545 Post Oak Place, Suite 312
Houston, Texas 77027-3110 USA

Gulf Energy builds IMEX
Shaikh Mohammed said the trading platform would be the fourth of its kind in the world. Other energy trading exchanges are based in New York, London and Singapore, he said.

'With Qatar being on track to be the leading exporter of LNG by 2010 and an important exporter of oil, the introduction of IMEX fits well in the country's dedication to the energy sector and world-class finance,' said Shaikh Mohammed.

Janahi said IMEX would be a natural fit into the region's first energy business centre, Energy City Qatar. 'We are also exploring the possibility of collaborating with other similar exchanges in Asia and Europe to enhance the overall product service offering from IMEX,' he added.

ANALYSIS-"Hot" petrodollars on prowl after Gulf stock slump -Reuters

A liquidity crunch in a region awash with cash from record oil revenues is the clearest sign that major speculators are now playing little part in a market they had dominated for much of the past year.

WITHOUT A TRACE

What happened to the hot money in Saudi Arabia is less obvious. Saudi Finance Minister Ibrahim al-Assaf says the expatriate Saudi funds that invested in the market have not left the country.

But with markets across the Gulf tumbling last week, that money had vanished without trace. And the region's analysts and fund managers can only guess at where it might be headed.

Looks like IMEX is going to deal in LNG rather than crude and probably based in dollars.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh I was refering to this...

(AP) TOKYO Japan's government debt, already the highest in the industrialized world, rose 1.7 percent to a record high of 795.8 trillion yen ($7.1 trillion) at the end of June, according to a report released by the Finance Ministry.
Japan's public debt burden is almost 160 percent of its GDP and already the highest in the industrialized world.

The US national debt went up and that now comes out to $30,000 per person and Japan's national debt is almost twice as much as the people of the USA. Sure the USA is bigger, but still per person Japan is ahead of the USA.

People should be paying attention to the movements governments are making on their traditional currency traits. Where is George Soros? What are those hedge funds doing?

Mod Edit:
No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Also don't forget to give a link when you quote a story. /Mod Edit

[edit on 3/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ATS Thread: Iran Oil Bourse to Begin NEXT WEEK!!

Looks like the Oil Bourse is ready to go.

Once again... interesting timing (in light of tomorrow's deadline).

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Looks like the Oil Bourse is ready to go.

Once again... interesting timing (in light of tomorrow's deadline).

Considering the rapid rise in oil and metals, the big money is already on the move and out of the dollar zone.

There was that funky Greenspam and little Ben Bernanke.
They said here comes the big Asian boss, so lets get it on!
They took a bow and made a stand,
started swinging with the fiat in hand.
Then Hu kicked hard on their McWorld facade,
now the imperialists are planting rice and eating scrod.

Everybody was fiat kung-fu fighting,
Those Asian cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning,
But they did it with expert timing.

Sung to the tune of Kung Fu Fighting...

Is dollar's shift the start of something nasty? Times UK

The imbalance threatening the world economy, all agreed at the IMF’s weekend meetings, is between America and China. The former’s imports top its exports by the largest margin in history. China has accumulated the biggest pile of currency reserves ever known in less time than it takes to train a doctor. To cajole China into resolving this syndrome by allowing the yuan to rise meaningfully, the IMF talked of the dollar needing to fall against Asian surplus currencies rather than just the people’s yuan. The dollar cannot move against the yuan more than the fingers in a glove without a specific order from Beijing. So it moved against the yen, which acted as both a proxy and a hint.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Gools,
Awesome posts! Now the question begs to be asked...How should the average american prepare?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Canadian dollar above 90 cents US.

It is up about 45 percent since touching 61.80 U.S. cents in January 2002. The last time the Canadian currency traded at parity with the U.S. dollar was in 1976.

www.bloomberg.com... fer=canada

Here they say it's because of Oil and commodity prices responsible for increasing parity, but I believe it's the CDN dollar going up, while the Ameribuck is going down.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It seems some of you are quite knowledgable in this area, so I have a question I would like to pose for those in the know. I am setting up an offshore account and I have the choice of a US or Euro denominated account. Which currency would you think would be the most stable for the "long-term" future?

I am British and will be exchanging GBP, if that helps.

What I do find interesting, is that people consider the US dollar weak, yet the past value of the USD compared to the GBP, for instance has continuously fluctuated between 2.8212 and 1.3811. I will find the source I got this from. It also had historic data for other currencies, too.

The USD was at it's weakest in the 70's, it would seem. Was there anything significant in that time period?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Disco!

No, I think perhaps it had something to do with the oil embargo of '73.
Maybe, I guess

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Daniel
The USD was at it's weakest in the 70's, it would seem. Was there anything significant in that time period?

Three things come to mind: the closing of the gold window in 1971, the OPEC oil embargos of 73 with the Iranian revolution in 79.

I'm not sure how strong any fiat currency is in the long term but considering the state of the US economy and the limited choice you have (dollar v. Euro) I would personally choose the Euro. DISCLAIMER: I am not a financial expert!

In making your choice consider the following recent stories from various sources accross the political spectrum:

Dollar resumes slide on strong European data - Financial Times
Dollar falls to eight-month low - Ha'aretz
Dollar starts the big slide against major currencies - Sunday Times
US dollar slide continues - wsws.org

A picture is worth a few thousand words - inflation you know
... Have a look at these USD/Japanese Yen exchange rate charts for the last 30 days and the last 3 months: charts (note they are updated daily). The two year chart shows the all time recent lows in late 2004 so it still has a way to go (but not that far).

Still want to bet on the dollar?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
What I don't understand, is why would the US risk a complete collapse (conspiracies aside)? Surely they have a plan to prevent a complete collapse of the US dollar?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What I don't understand, is why would the US risk a complete collapse (conspiracies aside)? Surely they have a plan to prevent a complete collapse of the US dollar?

Because the US is owned and operated by international interests who have NO loyalty to the country, its citizens OR its currency.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Presuming the dollar does collapse, what will happen then?

Will it be replaced? How will the forex markets operate i.e. will the various US currency pairs remain volatile (EURUSD, etc)?

Will the Euro eventually replace the dollar?

Does anyone believe the dollar will eventually regain it's strength in the long-term future?

Just a few questions I am having difficulty in answering.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Presuming the dollar does collapse, what will happen then?

War economy ethics
To borrow a phrase from the famous drug kingpin Pablo Escobar your choices are "silver or lead", in other words a severe dollar collapse would initiate global war since that is PNAC's only viable answer for circumventing a global depression.

China and the Final War for Resources 9 Feb 2005
I hate to admit it, but the Chinese have done a masterful job. While America’s media is hypnotizing us with frivolous entertainment such as American Idol or The Amazing Race, they are totally ignoring the perilous economic time bomb the Chinese have placed against us. The Government of China is holding U.S. currency and Treasury notes in a $1.9 trillion Treasury bond trap. When they pull the trigger on their “primary weapon,” the dollar will crash and gold will break $600 in a heart beat and just keep going.

Using force to make people to accept currency without real value only works in the short term too, and all fiat currencies will eventually end in failure. Even gold has no intrinsic worth beyond what we assign, so as for the long term view of the world's economy it's anyone's guess. If world war is followed by a pardigm shift in consciousness, it's hard to say what could be the new medium of exchange...perhaps it shall be fuel, food and water.

Ten Recurring Economic Fallacies, 1774–2004

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Adding these recent developments to the mix...

ATS: Russia to trade oil in rubles - a new threat to the dollar

ATSNN: Russia Tentatively Approves Ban on Dollar, Euro.

See the threads for references on Venezuela and Norway contemplating Euro based bourses and the recent call for an Asian Common Currency by China, Japan and South Korea.

Also to be found are links to stories bout the dumping of the US dollar by countries such as Syria, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Sweden.

There are many stories to be found around the net about China also reducing their purchases of dollar holdings.

The attacks on the dollar are comming fast a furious now. BTW the Russian bourse is scheduled to start trading on June 8. I'm guessing they won't dither like Iran since they are not under threat of attack.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
that stock market is back down 600 pts since May... Something is Going On ... I thought that the US said that Iran wouldn't have the bomb for a few years... but their Oil Bourse opens soon? Hmmm, I wonder why the Bush Admin is pushing the UN for Sanctions Now? Which is only causing higher oil prices...which is responsible for short term inflation.

This just doesn't make sense... unless of coarse the Nuke Program isn't the #1 Objetive.

food for thought.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join