It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A time travellers death and other bits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok john titor got me thinking this... Even if time travel doesnt exist lets discuss if it did

John titor said there was always a chance that by time travelling, you could die. Say a time traveller traveled somewhere into time then traveled back to where he started. The people who witnessed the time traveller in the machine do not have to wait for him to come back. The traveler will have aged inside the machine but thats it. What happens when they die due to some accident? Does the machine travel back with the dead person? Does the person not return. Does that mean the observers have to presume the time traveller is dead? Maybe he/she just didnt want to come back? Does the machine come back but the traveller disappear? Instead of just looking at the machine come and go for one second, how long would you have to wait to presume the time traveller died or never come back? If a time traveller died but his machine arrived at destination would this change time? Say the machine exploded while traveling. Do all pieces get scattered through time? What would happen if the time traveller traveled anywhere for eternity without getting out, surely he/she must be disrupting time?! What happens if a time traveller came back where another time travel machine was? Would it land on top? Merge together?

Sorry, I just wonder too much...

This is beyond the subject now...
You know I was thinking, the fingerprints of a person are unique but maybe if one day we found 2 people with the same print, could we dismiss the uniqueness of our hands or say the person time travelled?

If speed = distance/time wouldnt that make time = distance/speed. Doesnt that mean that distance is really travelling to another mirror world in this universe? What distance would there need to be travelled? Why even move when you are going to arrive at the same place you left but in a different time? Or can you set a destination?

Don't you wish John Titor came back to answer questions...lol

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
What happens if a time traveller came back where another time travel machine was?

There would be the most fierce bidding on EBay you have ever seen.

Channy, i'm just kidding...i have a warped sense of humor.

Good question(s)

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
some other question:

if time travel was possible surely we would find out the beginning of the universe and the end of the universe? how can you measure time? what about global times? arriving at the correct time but wrong destination? how about dates? which calender would we use? what happens before the day when they discovered we were so many years behind because we missed the leap year?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hi Channy,

Have you seen this ATS thread? There are some great posts and ideas.

Scientists Claim to 'Prove' Time Travel is Possible to the Past.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
Ok john titor got me thinking this... Even if time travel doesnt exist lets discuss if it did

John titor said there was always a chance that by time travelling, you could die. Say a time traveller traveled somewhere into time then traveled back to where he started. The people who witnessed the time traveller in the machine do not have to wait for him to come back. The traveler will have aged inside the machine but thats it. What happens when they die due to some accident? Does the machine travel back with the dead person? Does the person not return. Does that mean the observers have to presume the time traveller is dead? Maybe he/she just didnt want to come back? Does the machine come back but the traveller disappear? Instead of just looking at the machine come and go for one second, how long would you have to wait to presume the time traveller died or never come back? If a time traveller died but his machine arrived at destination would this change time? Say the machine exploded while traveling. Do all pieces get scattered through time? What would happen if the time traveller traveled anywhere for eternity without getting out, surely he/she must be disrupting time?! What happens if a time traveller came back where another time travel machine was? Would it land on top? Merge together?

Sorry, I just wonder too much...

This is beyond the subject now...
You know I was thinking, the fingerprints of a person are unique but maybe if one day we found 2 people with the same print, could we dismiss the uniqueness of our hands or say the person time travelled?

If speed = distance/time wouldnt that make time = distance/speed. Doesnt that mean that distance is really travelling to another mirror world in this universe? What distance would there need to be travelled? Why even move when you are going to arrive at the same place you left but in a different time? Or can you set a destination?

Don't you wish John Titor came back to answer questions...lol

I think alot of people have a linear view on time travel. You keep talking as if Time Travel works in a 'Loop' basis and that a Time Traveler could jump to the past and then come back to the future.

I think it's a bit more then that, to the idea that when you 'time travel' you are not in the same universe you left, but rather a parallel universe. If you've moved to another universe, how could you jump to something that hasn't happened yet? Or even jump into the Future period? Say you travel from 2005 to 1905. The people in 1905 relative to themselves have no clue of the future, and quite honestly nether do you. The timeline of history would change merely if you were there to some degree no matter how small. The future would then be different from what your world is, so how could you possibly jump back to your future if it never happens in the '1905' universe?

top topics

join