It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Protest in Crawford

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
You will be called a "tragedy slut."

Apparently, talking like that is called 'serving the Lord'. I don't fully understand it either, but I'm willing to learn.

Now tell me again where the "dishonor" is coming from.

I'd like to know this, too. I'm very curious and I've asked several times, but alas, I've never gotten an answer. How specifically does what this mother is doing (legally working to bring her son's friends home and save their lives) 'dishonor' her dead son?

People say, "I just know he'd roll over in his grave"! HTF do they know? Did they know this man? No. Did they raise him? No. I could as easily say, "He'd be so proud of his loving mother"! but I'm smart enough to admit that I don't know how he'd feel. And to me, it doesn't matter. He's gone and not coming back.

This is about more than Casey and Cindy now. More importantly, it's about the soldiers who are still alive and the movement to end this war.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Since when did the exploitation of a family member's death to pursue a narrow agenda amount to being patriotic or a noble cause?

I was referring to the war that people like those who desecrate a memorial of fallen soldiers, such as this guy in the pickup, are supporting. In other words, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was being sarcastic when I said "noble cause" in regards to the Iraq War.

So let's recap:

"noble cause" = sarcastic referrence to Iraq War
God-fearing "patriot" = Guy in pickup who runs over flag bearing crosses that have the names of soldiers who died for the above "noble cause"

Got it now?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The dishonor comes from the fact that her son was an adult who signed up for the military of his own free will and died fighting for something that he believed in and she is protesting our President saying her son died for a stupid ideal. Perhaps she should just sit down and shut up. The hippies that are protesting along with her sould sit down and shut up as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Who said that I was serving the Lord right then? That was my own opinion just then and did not spring from my Christian upbringing.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

All men and women take this oath in the armed forces, This womens son took this oath, this womens son believed and faught for it, and this country.
Using him as her cause is a slap in the face to what he stood for an faught for, Shes got every right to protest against the war, But she has no right to use him while doing it, Unless of course she enjoys dishonorig him, which it seems she does.

Sadly, instead of this soldier being remembered as a hero to this country for serving and dieing for it, hes going to be remembered for this,

A stupid hippy.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I just recieved a warning for disagreeing with AMUK. That's a pretty crappy way to run a forum. I didn't put him or any other member down in any way at all. Our President has been called *EXPLITIVE*, BIGGOT, RETARD, as have I. I refered to Cindy Sheehan in a manner that AMUK didn't like now I've been warned. Again, I can be called names, just recently was called stupid, but when I refer to someone not on the site, I'm edited and then warned.
This is a very biased site.

(MOD- IF you have a problem with a Mods conduct then take it up via u2u or use the gripe, This is not the place to do it)

[edit on 17-8-2005 by asala]

MOD EDIT: Removed Profanity

[edit on 8/17/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you wernt helping the flow of the debate? Perhaps you went too far?

The mods here always seem to be fairly even in their treatment of people.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A stupid hippy? who lost a son

What a pathetic comment.

If nothing else she's doing a service to the men and women fighting. Opening the eyes of the public as to why there is a war, fabricated by people who have their political agendas and will carry them thru at all costs.
Personally, i'd be more comfortable if people in government had their children fighting in this war. There doesnt seem to be any. Doesnt look good at all. AND if thats not bad enough, we wont stop there...no sireeBob, nope, we're going to keep fighting and fighting and make new wars against nations which have not bothered us at all.

Roll 'em.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Hey ... it's TEXAS! What did ya'll expect? A bunch of
extreme left wing yahoos park their back ends in front of
this fellow's property ... he's giving them a proper welcome,
TEXAS-STYLE.
That's just how they do things in that
part of the country. Radical lefties beware!

lol We lived in the country, also, and my dad would fire his shotgun all the time, if dogs were barking, etc, or for target practice, etc. Believe me, he did welcome them, Texas style, lol!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Did you notice the oath said enemies of the country/Constitution/America? Iraq was not an enemy, they couldn't attackj us unless they strapped a bomb on their back and swam over here. Therefor her son should not have died over there because of his oath.

BTW: Love the Stupid Hippie Comment, just shows how kind radical right can be.

To Deesw, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
I just recieved a warning for disagreeing with AMUK.

If you have a problem take it to U2U or file a complaint.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Iraq was not an enemy, they couldn't attackj us unless they strapped a bomb on their back and swam over here.

Enemy: One who feels hatred toward, intends injury to, or opposes the interests of another; a foe.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OK then, try this.

Iraq was not a threat.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
AMUK!!! Why are you editing my posts? She is a tragedy slut. She's trying to use the tragedy of her son's death to further her own agenda. So now we can't write things that you don't like on here? You'll just remove them?

Explanations.......

Please u2u Amuk rather than replying in the thread. It is disruptive and adds nothing to the discussion at hand.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Btw, taking the oath as a soldier doesn't mean you have to believe in the orders that you are following. To assume that you do is ignorant. And there is so much of that floating around right now. It's also ignorant to claim that this woman is using her son as a pawn in some kind of selfish crusade. Do you even know what she is there for? It's clear that many of you don't. She is there, not for anti-Bush sentiment, not merely for anti-war sentiments, no... she is there to simply get an answer from the President as to why these soldiers are dying, since there has been no clearly defined reason ever issued by our Government. First it was a threat of WMDs. Then when that turned out not to be the case it was quickly spun by the Administration to liberate the people of Iraq. It's obvious that it was simply to oust Hussein because our "president" wanted to. But this "president" can't even take the time to talk to this mother, who only wants what every American is entitled to... an explanation straight from the Commander in Chief's mouth.

But so many of you are so blindly following Bush's lead that you automatically label this woman as a crazed left-wing America hating monster. Get a grip with a side order of reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
She is there, not for anti-Bush sentiment, not merely for anti-war sentiments, no... she is there to simply get an answer from the President as to why these soldiers are dying

Well if thats the reason shes there, then why in the hell didnt she ask the first time around?

Bs shes there because shes a stupid hippy who hates this war and she being used as a pawn by the far left, and she doesnt even realise it what a tool.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cole how do you have negative points in BTS? I saw the same with Aeon but he doesn't know.

So by your definition we should right now be nuking Iraq, Iran, France, Germany, China, Canada, Mexico, any state with smart people/blue state, England, Russia, Australia, Antartica, and anywhere else that has one person who doesn't like the War for Oil.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Cole how do you have negative points in BTS? I saw the same with Aeon but he doesn't know.
Used points in store, dunno whys its negative though.

So by your definition we should right now be nuking Iraq, Iran, France, Germany, China, Canada, Mexico, any state with smart people/blue state, England, Russia, Australia, Antartica, and anywhere else that has one person who doesn't like the War for Oil.

Sure why not.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Well if thats the reason shes there, then why in the hell didnt she ask the first time around?

Bs shes there because shes a stupid hippy who hates this war and she being used as a pawn by the far left, and she doesnt even realise it what a tool.

Yes, that must be it.
All you're doing is demonstrating the ignorance I referred to in my previous post. Thank you for your support.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
Yes, that must be it.

Yep it is. its very clear and very sad.

stupid hippies all look the same tsk...

Stop the war! lol she fits right in doesnt she...

[edit on 17-8-2005 by C0le]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join