It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Protest in Crawford

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
You've got to understand this man's view..

You're absolutely right. I do live in the country. And chances are these people aren't exactly representin' ole Larry's political views, either, so that just adds to the frustration.

I feel sympathy for the guy. AND sometimes these things happen. One way or another this will all be over in a couple of weeks at most. He might as well resign himself to that fact and live with it. Or he can go shootin' his gun off. Something tells me that Ms. Sheehan is just about as stubborn as Mr. Bush and it won't have much effect on her.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
He fired a gun on his property. Big Deal. I vote to move this to US Discussion.

He appears to be protesting peacefully (because a gun is used does does not make it violent...hippies). He is at least not being a public nuisance like the other people are.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'd be upset if this was happening in my front yard..

And the funny thing is.. if you look at this picture you'll see how far away the protests are from Bush's ranch..

Anyhow, check out more pictures here: Source

Googly Ranch House

[edit on 8/14/2005 by QuietSoul]

df1

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I'd be upset if this was happening in my front yard..

And the funny thing is.. if you look at you'll see how far away the protests are from Bush's ranch..

Im quite sure the protesters would be more than happy to move closer to the Bush ranch, unfortunately the secret service won`t let them move closer. It seems to me that this man's beef is with the President and his security people.

He should complain to the President or maybe organize a protest.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ole' Larry, more power to him!

Maybe one day I'll move to the country where I can have some quiet time. Heck I live at I-45 and I-610 in downtown Houston. Many times I thought about going off on the night construction workers on the interstate or the neighbors' dogs or the clowns blowing their horns next door at three in the morning over and over or the gangs walking down the street yelling at night and sniffing paint which happens about 2 or 3 times a month. I dont think the police would take kindly to me popping off a few caps at them though.

Larry needs to calm down. You dont want to be shooting guns when your neighbor is Bush! It's legal but he may bite off more than he bargined for. Alcoholism does run in Bush's family you know. Bush might go party in Austin with his daughters, get drunk, and blow ole' Larry away!

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Larry needs to calm down. You dont want to be shooting guns when your neighbor is Bush! It's legal but he may bite off more than he bargined for. Alcoholism does run in Bush's family you know. Bush might go party in Austin with his daughters, get drunk, and blow ole' Larry away!

I love your sense of humor!

on a side note, it looks like there's a getogether on Boston Commons in support of Ms Sheehan.

news.bostonherald.com...

I'm trying to remember...did Mass. get painted red or blue?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
On a serious note, the poor woman only wants to talk to Bush. I think; no I want Bush to crawl out of his hiding place, confront this group, and talk to this woman if he hasn't already done so. She has lost a great deal. I think she just wants closure.

Bush is putting the country to shame by not confronting this woman to AT LEAST say he is sorry for her loss. She went to his turf expecting this I think. Instead he hides in his hole going through 'the media'. I'm sure a private confrence would do much more to help her get over her grief.

I lost two brothers in war. One died in battle and my oldest brother drank himself to death thinking about the war and his little brothers death after he returned home. I can see her point.

Life goes on though.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yeah. I know he's not a protester.

What are his rights? Does anyone know? They're not parked on his property, just on public property adjacent to his. Does he have rights? I'm not sure.

I think he's an idiot for coming out shooting a shotgun! Ah, but that's the way things are done these days. I suppose he considers it a 'preemptive parking restraint' or some crap.

BY all means if he is a property owner, then he can fire his gun all he wants on his land.

Larry

As for talking to her? Are you nuts? He already did and she didn't have these things to say until moveon.org got a hold of her. Now she is blaming Israel, yeah go figure, I wouldn't talk to her anyway, she does her son a disservice this way, even her own family thinks so...

[edit on 14-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
BY all means if he is a property owner, then he can fire his gun all he wants on his land.

I realize that. I was talking about the right to not have people park on his easement, or as it turns out, across the road from his property. Those are the rights I was asking about.
Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Men like this are a prime example of why guns should be outlawed, he showed total disregard for the safety of those around his property by discharing his firearm like an iresponsible child, shame on this man and all who support his acts.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

As for talking to her? Are you nuts? He already did and she didn't have these things to say until moveon.org got a hold of her. Now she is blaming Israel, yeah go figure, I wouldn't talk to her anyway, she does her son a disservice this way, even her own family thinks so...

No Ed I'm not nuts although sometimes I act that way I didn't know he already tried to talk to her about it: In the media or in person?

I have many things to do and the things I do dont involve the internet or working in an office where I have access to TV and such. I am blue collar you could say. I work nights alot of times and I come here inbetween times where I'm not making car keys or rekeying stuff for people.

Sorry for throwing off the thread. I haven't been keeping up on the story. I just feel where she's coming from.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Men like this are a prime example of why guns should be outlawed, he showed total disregard for the safety of those around his property by discharing his firearm like an iresponsible child, shame on this man and all who support his acts.

What have you done with c0le?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNutNo Ed I'm not nuts although sometimes I act that way I didn't know he already tried to talk to her about it: In the media or in person?

She actually met him in person and had good things to say about him and his compassion.

That was before moveon.org got to her and now look at the circus..

see here

Devastated Mother Camps Out In Front Of Bush Crawford Ranch - Waiting To Confront The President

[edit on 14-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

right....maybe they should be considerate enough to not protest there....you know....

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
I didn't know he already tried to talk to her about it: In the media or in person?

It was after her first meeting with Bush that she learned about PNAC, the 9/11 Commission report, the Downing Street Memos and other information that made her decide she wanted to talk with him again. There is no crime in this. Many are trying to make this a scandalous request, but actually, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehereright....maybe they should be considerate enough to not protest there....you know....

They have the right to protest wherever and whenever they want, this man acted like a child and should be treated as such, Bush should be a man and a leader and talk to this nice mother.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It was after her first meeting with Bush that she learned about PNAC, the 9/11 Commission report, the Downing Street Memos and other information that made her decide she wanted to talk with him again. There is no crime in this. Many are trying to make this a scandalous request, but actually, it makes perfect sense.

No it doesnt as her agenda is not pure, if it was she wouldn't be screaming the propapganda that she is.
'

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism,"

You honestly believe this? Bush should not waste his time with her, even her own family is disgusted with her actions.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

They have the right to protest wherever and whenever they want, this man acted like a child and should be treated as such, Bush should be a man and a leader and talk to this nice mother.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by C0le]

no he didnt, he acted within his right, they are violating the ranch owners rights by crowding the road and theres a good enough case to have them removed for disrupting their livelyhood and sound violations.

they are being childish by disregarding the property owners and demanding things, like they think theyre special.

he fired at no one, they block the road and disrupt the ranchers lives, they are violating his rights.

guess these mean nothing to you..

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
no he didnt, he acted within his right, they are violating the ranch owners rights by crowding the road and theres a good enough case to have them removed for disrupting their livelyhood and sound violations.

they are being childish by disregarding the property owners and demanding things, like they think theyre special.

nope sorry he did, they are great exmple of americans excersising the right to free speach, and the right to assemble, good for them i say, the rancher needs to grow up tbh.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now leave c0le alone, he has had a conversion........

I think the cops ought to make them move, maybe to Boston, they might actually listen there....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join