It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 days missing? ID question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I came across this article on CommonDreams.org. Yes, this is obviously a left leaning web site, but it really has no impact on my question.

At the bottom of the article the author states "the textbook debate now being fought in Odessa, Texas over a book that will now be used in the classroom in that city. The book reportedly includes a statement that NASA scientists are now able to prove that somehow two days of time has gone missing since earth was created thus proving that the bible was speaking literally when it made reference to the sun standing still."

I tried to find information on this "proof" but couldn't. I found what book they'd be using, but nothing on this NASA thing.

Can anyone perhaps summarize this "proof" either on this thread or perhaps provide a few links to the evidence for this argument?

Until I read this article, I hadn't heard anything about "proof" from NASA that two days of time has gone missing since the earth was created.

So, any help here would be appreciated since I understand that argument for teaching ID in schools, but hadn't, until now, seen it attached to something that seems a bit far fetched to me.

Thanks in advance...
-O

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I never realized anyone was able to pinpoint the life of the earth or the universe down to days.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I never realized anyone was able to pinpoint the life of the earth or the universe down to days.

me either! next they be able to calculate seconds missed

so losing 2 days? is that the earth spinning around 2 days? maybe it just slowed down then? im sure the sun stays where it is and earth did not spin as fast as usual?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You got me guys...

I'm just curious as to what NASA article or evidence this text book uses to justify it's claim.

-O

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Could this be what you are looking for?

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The Question:
Can the event that took place in Joshua 10:13 be confirmed, for example by counting the positions of heavenly bodies backward in time?

The Answer
According to the laws of physics, there are only two possible explanations for having the Sun stand still in the sky for a day: (1) the Earth would essentially have to stop spinning on its axis...for which there is no evidence. -or- (2) the Sun would have to start moving about in the solar system in a very specific way so that it appeared to us on our spinning Earth to be standing still. There is no evidence of this occurring either.

Seems like it might be an urban legend.

EDIT: Correct Spelling

[edit on 8/16/2005 by DCFusion]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks DCFusion!

That gives me some insight as to what event in the bible they are refering too, and based on what you say I'm pretty sure this is it.

However, what I'd really like to find out is what they are stating the evidence NASA has to back up their claim. Being that I doubt anyone who worked on the book works here, and that there won't be a citation in the textbookfor the evidence, I venture to say I will probably never find out.

Oh well... I'm just glad I got out of high school before this stuff started going down in a nationwide level.

The 90's were such an easier time to grow up.

-O

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well the Earth could be missing two days, when the astroid slammed into us killing the dinos it could have shook the earth to slow down for a bit causing us to miss days, but that would have been millions of years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Channy

Originally posted by Jamuhn

me either! next they be able to calculate seconds missed

so losing 2 days? is that the earth spinning around 2 days? maybe it just slowed down then? im sure the sun stays where it is and earth did not spin as fast as usual?

I know that our govt. uses an atomic clock that is used to sync. up different systems from clocks to missles and who know what else. Is this what you may be reffering too?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Any claim of NASA finding a "missing" day is false.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Even IF it were true, it would simply confirm a strange phenomenon...it doesn't necessarily follow that his request was ever made or granted. Ancient man also though thunder was the anger of the gods...and that lightning was God's wrath made visible.

new topics

top topics

join