It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freaking brits abroad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I cant bloody stand the attitude of young english lads abroad.....

i was in my local night club last night and been as its august the place is rammed with tourists....im having a quiet drink with my pal and the owner of the club, when some young muppet about 18 wearing loads of fake gold fully CHAVED up, decides to have a pop at my pal....absolutley no reason.....just drunk.....he then gets told to go away and come and try being the tough guy when hes sober......what does he do??.....takes a drunken swing at 2 portuguese guys hes never met...that are twice his age....and one of them owns the club!!!.....what a way...what a way.

needless to say he got removed rather agressivley....

i see this attitude with young english guys all the time....yet ive never seen young portuguese lads do that?.....whats going on with people these days?

why cant they go away on holiday...make some new friends....have a laugh?....i just dont get the mentality?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I dont understand why they act the same way on holiday as they do at home, youd think they'd want a change from the usual logic of:

A Pint and a Fight. A Great English night!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
optimus fett, that is what you call a twat.

kids, men and women do it, they have to much drink and start.
thats the way it is, always has been.

i wish it would change but we all know it wont.

oni x x

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I agree there are those that let us down abroad, but......... please dont taint all british young guys with the same brush, there are alot who go out just to have a good time and do not want trouble,

I think one of the problems is all the media whatnot on it all, its almost making it cool to be a like this when going away for the younger kids, almost like there living up the Drunk yob thing, Not good at all,

And i hope that this is the last you see of such appauling behaviour,
Heck send them to me lol! ill soon slap a warn on the behinds.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I agree there are those that let us down abroad, but......... please dont taint all british young guys with the same brush, there are alot who go out just to have a good time and do not want trouble,

I think one of the problems is all the media whatnot on it all, its almost making it cool to be a like this when going away for the younger kids, almost like there living up the Drunk yob thing, Not good at all,

And i hope that this is the last you see of such appauling behaviour,
Heck send them to me lol! ill soon slap a warn on the behinds.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by asala]

Precisely GRRRRRRRR j/k you do get unsavoury people everywhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hopefully I will never be like that.... even thoguh I'm not english but I'm american... hopefully I won't be a twat..... dododo

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately these numpty's are previlent throughout the England and the Channel Islands.. the guy would probably been alright had he been sober, but some people just can't take a beer and if a group of these dewds don't fight with someone, they'll fight with themselves. They're just a posse of self hating boneheadz who get what they deserve... a thorough @55 whooping!

www.arteutile.net/art_content/archive/London_MimiMollica_012_51.html

Website showing the 'type' of people in detail..

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Not sure how accurate this webpage is, but some might find it interesting.

Uk Trash Culture

Sociologists would say that the secondary reference group for everyone in the UK is the mainstream culture known as trash culture. This means that the general background culture is a culture of short-term thrill seeking & youthful ignorance, and this is the cultural reference under which all subcultures exist in the UK. Academic circles, intelligent subcultures, highly skilled classes, etc, have all become effective subcultures to trash culture. The government is a minority of intelligent, educated men ruling a fundamentally short-sighted country[...]
Three generations of trash culture have existed since it's rise to prominence after World War 2, and many of its anti-intellectual youths institutionalized the culture. It is now the only known culture for most of Britain. Uneducated adults of the first wave have produced an entrenched system of family-based and local systems of ignorance. Adults with racist, stupid, ignorant and short-sighted emotional goals pass on all their mistakes to their children. It has become self-sustaining, so that the children in such families are not pressurized into becoming more developed, intelligent adults. In fact that type of future is actively discouraged[...]
Football has become an institutionalized sport in England. Major matches are almost national holidays, with nearly all employees and their bosses finding ways to, almost religiously, watch the game live. It is the trademark of English yob culture. Our fans are the most violent, least respectful, most disruptive and worst behaved in the world.

And an intersting quote from one of their own books

If the masses are stupid, democracy doesn't work. The government has to rule by stealth, tricking the people through things that merely sound good but in intelligent society promoting and doing things that are good, or democracy shoots itself in it's foot and causes the downfall of the nation into an anarchic mess. Shallow policies do not make for good government, but, most stupid people vote on shallow issues. The solution is to trick the stupid people into voting for you or to educate them. A good-intentioned deception is nearly always much easier and will never be dispensed with, the only alternative is to restrict voting for uneducated people. This is the dilemma of modern Western democracy!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are websites dedicated to these 'chavs' I can't stand them - they are an embarresment ot us all. The only good thing about them is that they form some of my customer base (working in the modified car market). suckers! LOL
And what is it with wearing their Grandad's clothes? They have no sense of style whatsoever. And why bother trying to pretend your rich by wearing no carat gold tat - sick.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I hate those people who wear tons of jewerlly, its kinda the norm in ireland as well, unfortunatly. but the thing is, the english cant handle drinks as well as the irish, they really shouldjust wise up!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
hey hey hey speight89. english can handle drink!
irish, can handle their drink but so can english.
every country in the world has youth that "think" they can handle their drink but they "CANNOT!!!

its not just the british! its every country in the world!!

i am half irish due to my father! in CAN handle my drink!!!

oni x x

top topics

join