It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian UCAV has flown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Alenia Sky-X UCAV acheived its first flight a couple of months ago and seems to have gone unremarked on here.

Tyhis appears to be a very competent design, though it is purely experimental and is being used to feed data into the French led Neuron programme. What is interesting to me about that fact is that it shares an almost identical planform with the British 'Replica' project as can be seen frm the following two impressions. To me this appears to represent a missed opportunity for an anglo-italian FOAS type Tornado replacement for both nations air forces, I just hope all the replica work doesn't go to waste.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Interesting, now what are these systems supposed to test?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I was able to find a real photo of the prototype. I was told not to show itm but I want to share my find with you guys here at ATS:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Isn't that the Russian copy of the Thunderbolt? It clearly says P-47 on the wingtip.

If by any chance that paper plane was alluding to this not being real, here is the prototype, the real one.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I was able to find a real photo of the prototype. I was told not to show itm but I want to share my find with you guys here at ATS:

Very high lift to drag ratio, isnt it?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Careful Skippy, you leaked out top secret information, you'll have men in black suits at your door soon.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It sounds a bit like the Italians are trying to be a super nation... They've just bought new tanks and now launching a new UAV...

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

No no no... That's the Canadian UCAV. It's a pretty good and affordable system. Only takes one person launch it and then it becomes completely autonomous durring flight and landing.

But seriously though, the Italian UCAV looks pretty slick.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually UAV's level the playing field for just about any nation expanding the roles of their air force. Compared to developing a modern jet fighter. Lower cost of training, maintenance, mobility, and logistics practicality weigh in favor of producing UAV type craft.

Provided they are spec'd and briliantly engineered around reduced economics, they may just represent a formadable opponents on future front lines. Whoever can achieve quality, quantity, and affordability may entertain the greater market.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why are we posting paper planes here??

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Why are we posting paper planes here??

Do I need to explain the joke? Or do you get it and just want us to stop?

Ill explain: A paper plain is a true, and certainly the very first, UAV ever. It it is a joke,to post a picture of one saying its the new Italian UAV. Its in jest of course, but it implies thats where the state of Italian UAV tech is.

top topics

join