It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O:s are not a U.S phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
U.F.O:s do exist, I hope we can agree on that. Let's for the sake of argument assume that they are of extraterrestrial origin and that governments are aware of this. The U.S and Russia with their long history of cold war and suspicion towards each other may perhaps find it in their best interest to keep extraterrestrial interference on this planet secret from the public. But U.F.O:s have been spotted all over the world; there are images, radar observations, witness reports from pilots, military and even rumours of crashed crafts (in South Africa for example). I see a problem here. Isn't it strange that not a single country has publicly announced the existance of unknown flying crafts in their air space? I've read somewhere that Mexico did it once, but I haven't seen any official references to it. Is it really possible that all nations who hardly can agree about anything else have agreed on totally secrecy concerning U.F.O:s? I just have a problem believing that.

*I understand that this subject probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread on the subject. If there is one then I'm sorry to have missed it and perhaps someone can post a link to it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Global politics is the key. Something like this is not easy to do without taking into account other countries. Not to mention global security forces. US has troops all over the world, if a UFO dropped down in the Sahara desert you can bet your ass Delta Force would be packing their water bottles and anti-camel repellant sprays. Countries can have had UFOs dropped down which have been removed by foreign nations.

In short, if US says you arent supposed to do something, not many people want to do it and see how they react.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by merka]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture
I see a problem here. Isn't it strange that not a single country has publicly announced the existance of unknown flying crafts in their air space? I've read somewhere that Mexico did it once, but I haven't seen any official references to it.

Can't speak for Mexico, but France "unoffically" pretty much has said it all in the COMETA report.

What I will say is predominantly a US based phenomenon are abductions. That's a whole 'nother load of baloney though that mostly serves to obfuscate serious UFology.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hasn't Brazil also recently come forward and released information related to UFO's? I think the reason we don't see many of the smaller nations of the world coming forward and admitting the existence of UFO's is because they themselves don't have much information on them. They don't have the technology that the United States and many other world powers have. They also aren't in cooperation with the aliens (as many allege the US and former Soviet Union were/are). So my guess is that the major powers of the world are of the agreement that this should be kept secret from the public. And the smaller, less-powerful and poor nations just don't have the knowledge and the information to come out and emphatically say that these are aliens from another planet. That's just my guess on the whole subject...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
UFO's do exist. Unidentified Flying Objects do exist.
And things that go bump in the night....go bump in the night. They are not neccesarily little beasties or monsters. They are unidentified or unexplained and fire up our imaginations.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by nullster]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Dude, theres actualy quite a lot of country's that "officialy" announced the encounter of an Unidentified Flying Object in their airspace.
Most famous cases would have to be:

1: The Belgian Triangles case, input and reports from citizens, police, military, media and goverment, including verifications by both ground and airbased radar.
2: Mexico Airforce, recent Mexican airchase with media, military and goverment input, aircraft camera captured video's released trough the media.
3: In Iran, the Famous F-4 chase in the 1970's, also with both ground and air verification on radar.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The UK, Canada, Soviets, Autralians, Mexicans, French, Canadians, Italians and many other countries have reported UFO sighting.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonesey_dude
The UK, Canada, Soviets, Autralians, Mexicans, French, Canadians, Italians and many other countries have reported UFO sighting.

Yes, I am aware of this, as it is the actual basis for this thread. Duh! Point is why there are no official ackowledgement from governments regarding the problem of alien crafts invading their air space.

Originally posted by Rasputin13
So my guess is that the major powers of the world are of the agreement that this should be kept secret from the public. And the smaller, less-powerful and poor nations just don't have the knowledge and the information to come out and emphatically say that these are aliens from another planet. That's just my guess on the whole subject...

Yes, I've had thoughts along these lines to. However, all countries outside the U.S and Russia are not medieval. Many countries have top notch aircrafts and equipment. There are plenty of alleged incidents where U.S fighters have been pursuing U.F.O:s, so this should have happened in other countries as well.

So, question is still: Is there a world wide conspiracy? Or is there an easier answer to the question: U.F.O:s are not of extraterrestrial origin, so there's no need for a cover up?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Point is why there are no official ackowledgement from governments regarding the problem of alien crafts invading their air space.

Brazil has officially done just that.

Saying the they have recorded UFO's in their airspace on RADAR as "Hotel Traffic" since 1954.

This is the file from 2000 , or 2001 , I can't remember off the top of my head.

CBU meets with the Brazilian AirForce 20/05/05.

Gevaerd, Fernando Ramalho, Roberto Beck, Marco Petit, Rafael Cury e Claudeir Covo

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Can't speak for Mexico, but France "unoffically" pretty much has said it all in the COMETA report.

This was the first thing I thought of also. This report was written by prominent scientists and high-ranking military (government) personnel.

I believe the reason why world leaders would want to keep it quiet is to avoid answering questions. And you can't answer what you don't know, or aren't sure of. I don't know if there is any collaboration, and even if there were and it was announced, the press would be all over it, and many scientists would want access to material. It would be opening the floodgates.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I believe in U F O`s ... Never seen one myself but i surely believe.
All these people that report sightings can not all be wrong. Im sure some are fake but theres more claims that seem true then false.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The powers at be are keeping quiet and why should they answer when they know any fuss created will soon die down.

Anything ground breakling news worthy on the subject has a d notice slapped all over it and it's the small camcorder stuff at best we see on our local news TV stations.

You need to loby MPs to get answers, a few ufo enthusiasts will not make any difference in the grand scheme of things for people are more worried about what to get at sainsburys on friday than to ask what these UFO's are all about.

Even great people of stature like the late well respected Lord Hill Norton posed some very serious questions on the subject again & again bringing to light sensitive issues regarding UFO's and it didn't get him anywhere.

And the public is too wrapped up on itself to care, we are all day dreaming. We will know when the government decides to tell us, unless something else we can't control intervenes first, and if that's going to happen.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by thepostman]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Point is why there are no official ackowledgement from governments regarding the problem of alien crafts invading their air space.

Brazil has officially done just that.

Saying the they have recorded UFO's in their airspace on RADAR as "Hotel Traffic" since 1954.

Thats's just what I'm talking about. Thats one nation making it official then. Was there any international reaction to this on a political level? Any reactions in world mainstream media?

[edit on 2005-8-14 by EyesOfTheFuture]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The mainstream media is controlled, it's not going to be brought to our attention in a hurry.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepostman
The mainstream media is controlled, it's not going to be brought to our attention in a hurry.

I take that cliché as an "I don't know answer". I understand media in the U.S are subject to heavy political and financial influence and "controlled" to certain aspects. But there are other nations in the world where democracy is not just a fancy word.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's a worthy subject we agree on that but there is the problem. Go and stand on a street corner and tell people what you know and see how you are recieved, percieved and treated. People in the media are not going to concentrate in depth on this subject because it creates more problems than what it's worth believe me. Goverments can be forced to act and heads would roll if the media poked it's nose in where it's not wanted.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepostman
It's a worthy subject we agree on that but there is the problem. Go and stand on a street corner and tell people what you know and see how you are recieved, percieved and treated. People in the media are not going to concentrate in depth on this subject because it creates more problems than what it's worth believe me. Goverments can be forced to act and heads would roll if the media poked it's nose in where it's not wanted.

In a scenario where it is indeed the agenda of governments to surpress the facts about U.F.O you would probably be right. However, I still have a problem with the thought as there are so many countries in the world, and not all media are "controlled" to such a degree that they would withhold information out of fear of political reprisals. I mean, media aren't that bad at the game of head-rolling themselves.

[edit on 2005-8-14 by EyesOfTheFuture]

top topics

join