It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Razorblades, Knives, more, May Become OK For Air Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I didn't post this in news for [1] submittal hooplah always gets me shot down [2] Is this real, even tho it's AP News? I mean, jeez, I find this almost unbelievalbe [almost being, my 40+yrs have seen my gov agencies do some stuff I'de SWEAR they are all on crack!!]

This, from The Transportation Security Administration:

an official said would lift the ban on carrying razorblades and small knives

would allow scissors, ice picks and bows and arrows on flights

Are they on friggen '___'? Razorblades, the very item that started this whole damn mess. Bows & arrows? WHAT??

I found this story on Shortne ws, who has the referral article from TBO.com [Tampa Bay Online], citing the story from The Associated Press. Yahoo News also carries the story, as cited from AP News.

Someone tell me this is a grand hack of a news agency, and this ain't happening? I can understand the pat-downs becoming lax, as for the body scanners, but to allow the very weapons that created this fiasco?

I apologize if this is on the forum somewhere, I did search around [and be damned if this board search engine ever found anything other than a one word item for me].

If anyone deems this should go to the news forum here, have at it - perhaps leave a post with this as doing so, to keep multiple submits from happening.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
When you consider the reasons for the change in policy, it makes perfect sense:

"The process is designed to stimulate creative thinking and challenge conventional beliefs," said TSA spokesman, Mark Hatfield. "In the end, it will allow us to work smarter and better as we secure America's transportation system."

Is it just me, or does anyone else have that "not so safe" feeling?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Lovely. Now do I get to choose my seat on the plane........hmmm, next to the person with the razor or the knife......decisions, decisions. If this is true, it seems rather stupid but who am I to question the intelligence of those who protect us...........

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's not all they want to do. Read my first post in that thread and see just how bad they want to screw up security at our airports.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
madness shere unadulterated madness

I go on vacation for a week and the place up and loses its mind.
Make that slips even deeper into melancholia the place lost it's mind a long time ago.

Well can't say I'm surprised.
On the plus side it makes my job easier on the minus well it kind of negates the purpose of my job in the first place.

Oh well who knows maybe the management there will go so nuts they'll start paying me to stay home and use internet (a man can dream...)

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They renew the Patriot Act...amending the 4th amendment, suspending habeus corpus, and denying a trial by jury, yet, our government sees it fit to allow the very weapons they claim caused 9/11.....

Either our government is extremely ignorant and unfit to do their job, or they are up to something fishy. I declare conspiracy shenanigans.

top topics

join