It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns New Attacks on London Possible!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well you can dismiss this as scaremongering all you want, I do not think it is and by the government releasing this intel, maybe one of their sources has been compromised. Who knows but at least they are trying to do something about it instead of sitting back and balming Bush and the Americans for all the worlds problems.

My question is the source of the memo. I don't see how the government has released this as credible intel.

Senior al Qaeda operational planner Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, captured in Pakistan in March 2003, has told interrogators that he had developed terrorist plots targeting gas stations due to their apparent vulnerability and the potential destructive force of a fuel-driven explosion. Terrorists in Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Iraq have effectively used large fuel trucks as VBIEDs against military and civilian coalition targets.
Although this report makes an attack appear imminent, no other intelligence exists to corroborate this specific threat stream. This scenario represents just one of many possible methods of attack known to be considered by terrorist organizations.

My skeptisism stems from the fact that the only source is one captured al-qaeda operative. Other then that it seems like this is a "Terrorist attacks that didn't happen" thread scenario combined with increased sensitivity due to the specific time of year. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it happens, I just don't think this is any more reason to expect it.

Other then that I just am curious how 'leaked intel' like this would actually impact the prevention of an attack. The only effect I see is an increase of citizens gathering intellegence for various agencies. What else?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Street Scholar]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It can make those that would do the crime a bit more nervous and therefore more easily spotted.

EYES are the key.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

It can make those that would do the crime a bit more nervous and therefore more easily spotted.

EYES are the key.

Uh yeah, but it's much harder to spot that pair of eyes when it's behind the windshield of a limo. You won't be able to spot his emotions in this case.

Think about how peaceful, cheery and vulnerable gas stations are. Remember how Marty McFly goes back in time and marvels at the service station of the fifties? Well I think we are about to see a similar cultural change in regard to our fuel purchases here in America.

You will be able to tell your children that you remember the days of the peaceful circle-k type gas stations. Before the military moved in.

Think hard about this, people. I think this gas station threat is a chinese finger puzzle that none of us can avoid. We are about to be shackled via the gas pumps. This type of attack, with exploding gas stations, is horribly effective. There are recent examples in Iraq. People have the flesh melted off them. They get splashed with burning gasoline even if they are far enough to survive the blast. The injuries are horrific, and if this is another SHOCK AND AWE event (cheap budget with this one.... limos are cheap... very frugal), then we can be sure of some of the most horrific video footage ever filmed. The sadists will enjoy this one, for sure.

A coordinated attack like this will severely alter the American weltanschauung. If gas stations around the world start popping off, [Problem] you'll have a hum-vee with a .50 cal roof-mount at every gas station. [Solution] This will be required to keep us safe.

Now won't you feel safer then?

I know I will.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join