It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media, huh?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've spent the day today flipping between Fox and MSNBC and CNN. I find the Bush pro-war propaganda waaay out of hand by all networks.
I cant for the life of me understand why its called "liberal". I actually felt fear sitting on my couch today-nail biting
fear. Fox with its old "breaking News" accompanied by that little tune they played way back when we had some sort of peace. and that tune represented REAL breaking news....Now they use it every 15 minutes as part of the terror thingy they got going.
Whats happened? Is anyone else offended by this?
Must we be spooked all day long? Sure, i know the game. I can shut it off or i can choose to listen and be mortified. So why did i indulge?
I wanted to see for myself what was so liberal about the media.
Nothing. Its all pro-lies, fear and doomsday scenarios that feed into the current agenda. *shakes head*

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If one really wants to see who the liberal media is, try discovering which mainstream media outlets are camped out with Mrs. Sheehan and exploiting the situation.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has labeled FOX as a Liberal Media

Most people understand and know that FOX leans to the far right.....
So what gives?

The Media reports what the people want to hear.....it sells better.

[edit on 13/8/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sacrifice your TV to Cthulhu he commands it!

I use to think the o'riely factor was hilarious. Whitey Ford can't sing the blues.

eh Television bores me

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
eh Television bores me

Agreed Ly. I get my news here. International in nature and topics are kicked around. Varied points of view.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
If one really wants to see who the liberal media is, try discovering which mainstream media outlets are camped out with Mrs. Sheehan and exploiting the situation.

seekerof
Its really insignificant compared to the constant drilling and bombardment of fear, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

Oh, come on now! Traitorgate, anyone? I'm not defending any media, but the US's news is in the entertainment business. A grieving mother. That's news! A boring story about the leaking of a CIA agent? YAWN The "liberal" media would rather cover what happened to a white girl in Aruba!

People are so self-centered that they think everything revolves around their party lines. Sex, blood, tears, that's what is reported. As long as there is video. Boring legalese of malfeasance, from either party, just doesn't sell.

There isn't a Democratic media, and there isn't a Republican media. There is only a Corporate media. As well as a Coporate government, who rules no matter what party is in the White House.

Of course we all prefer our own particular brand of puppet, who will pay lipservice to our beliefs, throw a bone to the causes we support.

Reagan was closer to Clinton than to W Bush, but our corporate politics changes with the times. They define what we think, and what we see, as in the media.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Good point. I dont hear much on Rove anymore. Is that all better now?
I would imagine the liberal media would NOT let this one die so the investigation must have cleared him of all crimes...I have to catch up on this one

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is no "Liberal Media" it is just another name calling tactic of the neo-cons like FauxNews. I prefer to get my news online from credible sources who don't stick you know what up their who know where, Bill O'Reilly ha-ha.

It is amazing how slow the news channels are, it takes them a few days to talk about what the internet is already buzzing about. I think it takes them a while to think up their speech's and fairy tales. The worst is when they spend all day rinse and repeating the same damn crap over and over again.

You also have to be careful because the neo-cons have just as much control over the internet as they do the regular media. They spend billions each year and really don't have a limit and they influence websites like moveon.org and 911truth and so on.

Any high traffic website is a target for them and they love to buy up the sites and technologies that influence the youth like Myspace, Skype, etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A co-sponsor of this year's Department of Defense created September 11th based America Supports Your Freedom Walk is the allegedly liberal paper the Washington Post.

DoD's website
www.americasupportsyou.mil...

The event's website with the list of sponsors which lists the Washington Post.
www.asyfreedomwalk.com...

Not only does this show the Post's real bias, it shows they have a true conflict of interest in reporting about war. Much like GE and their NBC media outlets.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Frith]

top topics

join