It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joke that is TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I saw a story on CNN today that proves what a joke the TSA has become. They have a shortage of screeners at most airports, so instead of trying to get funds to hire more screeners or find efficient uses for the ones they have, they want to make more people exempt from screening. As of right now all Screening Managgers, and TSA management personnel are exempt, including Supervisors. Under the new rules they are considering, on-duty pilots, high ranking military personnel, and anyone with a Top Secret security clearance would be added to that list..

Having been a screener, I've been trying not to laugh at how "well trained" the screeners are, or how inneffectively they are using the machines they have, but this is really showing what a joke they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yeah TSA's the dirty little secret of the "war on terror"
Good to hear you've left for greener pastures.
I've been there since the beginning and I hope to be leaving soon to.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
And just when you thought it couldn't get dumber.....They're now also considering lifting the ban on knives, scissors and razor blades, and letting them in the cabin again. The only thing that I DO agree with is that they are also considering no longer requiring you to remove your shoes unless you set off the WTMD or are a secondary screening candidate.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Throwing stars and bows and arrows are on the list of things they're proposing to let you take on the plane. Before the TSA you weren't even allowed to take a BASEBALL BAT on the plane, but now they want to let you take THROWING STARS???? God what a joke!

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Zaphod58]

new topics

top topics

join