It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I close to Astrally Projecting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, about an hour ago I was sleeping, and I was also dreaming. I will only explain the things I remember from the dream.

So I was walking in this elevator, in the elevator was a man and a fuzz ball rolling on the ground going into the elevator
So anyway, I got into the elevator. Once I got into the elevator I quickly remembered something, look at your hands. (I remembered this because there was a thread here discussing about your hands in your dreams) I put my hands in front of my face, and there they were. They looked very odd, they had a shade of blue and they were morphing into disfigured shapes. So I looked at my hand, and then I started pulling on my middle finger. It came off just like that and reattached. Thats when I realized, I'M DREAMING, THIS IS FAKE. Then all of the sudden I heard this sound, I can't really explain the sound but it was kind of like a loud hum, and it was short. Everything around me went black, I was so scared I immedietly woke up.

Now the reason why I'm saying this could have been AP is because someone here on ATS taught me a technique to astrally project, the technique was connected to the pulling on my finger thing that I explained above. But I'm not sure if I was about to project out of my dreams into the astral plane when everything went dark. I couldn't go through the whole process because I was to scared to find out what would happen next.

Anyway, does anyone know if I was close to astrally projecting when this happened, or was I just dreamin.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
At the very least, you were lucid dreaming and had realized that you were not awake. Excellent progress. Have you been remembering to do reality checks throughout your day then? Next time you realize you are dreaming, try taking a jump and see if you can fly around and whatnot. Even if you can't break through to the astral, it is still fun to have complete control over your dreams. Go exploring and creating/removing things with sheer thought power in your dreams, it's a blast =).

I assume that you cleared your mind and tried to get yourself out of the dream, which is why everything started going black and you got scared? Easier said than done, but try keeping your emotions under control next time and see what happens. Emotions, whether getting overly scared or even overly excited, tends to cut any dream or astral projection short.

Just a little note... you may not want to discuss any of your dreams that are highly symbolic in nature, etc. Some people believe that this conveys very private information and knowledge about yourself/that is intended for you only, and that if you go sharing this out with the world, you may not get any more dreams for a while because you cannot be trusted with the info, etc. Higher beings, go figure
. So anyway yeah, keep a dream journal and keep it hidden, and then try to just discuss the generic stuff of your dream with other people. But it's up to you, just giving you future reference so if you mysteriously stop dreaming for a while, you know why =).

Ergh, I just woke up myself, and now I have forgotten what else I wanted to say

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, definelty remebered doing the reality check techniques. But I haven't tried the jumps yet. I'm really excited, I can't wait to fall asleep again. Hopefully I'll dream and try to go through the entire process.....hopefully. How can I prevent my self from getting scared, I want to go through but Im scared to see whats on the other side. I've read so many things about how you can meet negative entities in the astral plane, I don't want to see them, but anyway thanx alot Yarcofin for your help, really appreciated it.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know why, but I never seem to be able to dream.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Akita, literally never, or just very infrequently? The fact is that you are probably dreaming, but you just don't remember it by the time you woke up. Most people have several dreams every night, but you usually only remember one or two if you are lucky. I have heard of people remembering up to 12 different dreams from one night! :O

I used to only actually remember a dream once a month or even less frequently. And then after a few hours of waking up, I would just forget it anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I used to dream alot when I was a kid (like the time I fell of a cliff on Mars
) but now, either I don't remember them, or I don't have them.

new topics

top topics

join