It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 15 Iraqi's Including Children Dead After US Opens Fire on Mosque

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The problem is that anybody that turns against the "coalition forces" in Iraq, inmediately is tag an "insurgent" and "terrorist" so actually is easier to kill then under one of these two names that separate the grieving families of Iraq from the "foreign killers"

Now. . . as more of our own soldiers and loves ones comes back from Iraq, we are going to see more problems with the mental health and well being of them, after facing the realities of what happened in Iraq while they were there.

The population of Iraq that is not close to big cities are the one with more casualties when it comes to health related deaths from lack of supplies reaching them.

Yes people are still dying of hunger an malnutrition in Iraq.

The people that are close to main cities have more access to food but they also become targets to "Real Terrorist" and "Coallition friendly fire".

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes, but the problem is that everytime the Insurgents attack they apparently do kill Innocents - but the US Army DOES NOT. How is that possible? Do they have special kind of bullets that do not hit Inncent Civilans, but just Insurgents? Are they Magic Bullets?

Anyway, our Biggest and most Respectful Newspaper in Slovenia reports this:

After the Bomb Exploded, the Peopleof Ramadi said, that the US Troops started to Shoot "all over the place", shooting and killing almost everybody alive in the area, including the people coming out the Mosque. As the DIRECTOR of the Hospital in Ramadi said, 15 people have died, including 8 Children and 17 more are wounded.

American Army denied everything.

Source:
Delo

Do you think we shall see this kind of reports in American News?

[edit on 13/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
You say yourself that children are being shot and dying. The people see this happening to their children and families. what are they to think? What would you think if some country came in to your land and started shooting your kids and wives? You would probably feel hatred too. You would probably do what you could, even if it meant using your household utensils, to get rid of the invaders.

This is how the Iraqi's feel, this is what they see.

OK Mayet. i understand what you are saying here, but would you care to take a look at the 5th post down in this thread?
click this link to the thread i made a while ago.

These people actually kill their own. FACT!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's possible that these were armed private security contractors and they were mistaken for US troops. I think there's 20,000 security contractors and they've just hired another 1,000 from Colombia.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
It's possible that these were armed private security contractors and they were mistaken for US troops. I think there's 20,000 security contractors and they've just hired another 1,000 from Colombia.

Possible.

Do they also Drive Humvee's?

Are the also American?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We have to remember that US military forces only kill "the enemy" and that is what is given to the American public for support of our troops after all they are our soldiers, they are family members and love ones.

But the reality will neve reach our "sentive eyes, ears or senses" no American family can expect to welcome a " killer of babies, children or women back home" in the effort to protect our soldiers and the military actions of our government in Iraq, we the American people has to be kept in the dark.

Should we blame the government for this?

The mistake made is that we will get the news anyway but is better if they are coated with the "doubt" of "unreliable sources"

So any news that comes making our soldiers look bad must be challenged.

Nobody is going to ask his or her love one after coming back from Iraq if he or she target or killed any children. Right?

Some things are best to keep in the dark.

This brings me to what my father used to said after he came back from korea, when we asked him if he killed any enemies, he will said that he used his weapon and he shoot his weapon but he could not tell if he killed any enemies or fellow soldiers because he could not tell while he was been shoot at.

He never talks much about war.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He never talks much about war.

Not many soldiers do Margo.
Unless it has upset them deeply, and they find that they have to talk about it to someone.

My son has talked to me in depth about what he saw and what he had to do. I wont be sharing his experiences, but i do have to say, that it is sad, very sad. It is something he, and every soldier out there will have to learn to live with.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Oh well. This Jeffrey pool seems to have changed his story. There were indeed roadside bombs followed by an exchange of gunfire. An AP photographer photographed a child that they say was injured in an explosion at a mosque.

gainesville
A hospital official, Ali Taleb, said a U.S. armored vehicle fired near the Ibn al-Jawzi building after worshippers left the mosque after Friday prayers.

U.S. Marine Capt. Jeffrey Pool, a military spokesman, disputed the account. Pool said two roadside bombs exploded near a U.S. convoy in the Ramadi area. Five gunmen and one civilian driver were killed in the subsequent exchange of fire, Pool said.

He said the incident occurred in a rural area with "no towns or mosques for miles."

However, Taleb said 14 of the 19 people wounded in the blast were children.

An Associated Press photographer at the Ramadi General Hospital saw at least three children with serious wounds being treated, including one who appeared to be in shock. One young boy had suffered a head wound.

For some reason, Pool is still saying they weren't near a Mosque.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

no American family can expect to welcome a " killing of babies, children or women back home"

Nobody is going to ask his or her love one after coming back from Iraq if he or she target or killed any children. Right?
Some things are best to keep in the dark.

MARG....are you suggesting that MOST or a good number of US troops in Iraq target innocent civilians? There's a difference between a few duchebags that do such horrible things and an entire army and mass numbers of troops "targeting" civilians.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sporty in war "casualties are expected" children will die and so civlians, but who is to blame? our loves ones in Iraq? all American soldiers? or just the " badseeds" that willingly target civilians.

We will never know, like you said are " badseeds" out there and are also the unwilling, that get themself caught in a gun battler and they have to shoot, a wild bullet knows not target.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Not many soldiers do Margo.
Unless it has upset them deeply, and they find that they have to talk about it to someone.

My son has talked to me in depth about what he saw and what he had to do. I wont be sharing his experiences, but i do have to say, that it is sad, very sad. It is something he, and every soldier out there will have to learn to live with.

My husband was in the first gulf war and he was shot two times while going on around kuwait on missions his vehicle got the hit not him.

He said that he was ready to shoot back if necessary regarless of who was doing the shooting.

I know your son will have all the love and support needed from you and your family to get him over his experiences in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Like my earlier post about my friend who is in Iraq. He was clearly emotional when he phoned about what he had to do but it saved his life and his fellow soldiers. He asked what I thought and I told him straight out that he did the right thing. It was the scumbag using the woman and child as a sheild who was at fault. When do our troops start letting themselves die in order for insurgents like this to use people as sheilds so we won't shoot back?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I sincerely hope whatever happened did not happen like the ABC report says it did. There is absolutely no question that the press corps intentionally sensationilizes just about everything they report in an effort to sell more news and increase their share of the overall customer base. I hope that is what we have here.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sporty in war "casualties are expected" children will die and so civlians, but who is to blame? our loves ones in Iraq? all American soldiers? or just the " badseeds" that willingly target civilians.

I think the answer is pretty simple....blame the "badseeds" and if you want more..blame the Gov't. But don't blame or categorzie all soldiers of doing such terrible acts...because the truth is that the vast majority of troops do not target civilians.

That would be like blaming all Muslims and/or Arabs for 9/11......you can't judge an entire popualtion of Soldiers, Marines or Muslims by the negative actions of a few "badseeds".

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Iraq is now our tar-baby,

the more we struggle the more stuck to it we get.

Nothing useful will be acomplished by staying there longer.

The much vaunted democracy that is supposed to emerge seems to be turning into a civil war, at best.

The same idiots who got us into this quagmire on faulty outdated intelligence and straight up lies, now argue that if we just stay there longer this democracy the Iraqi people never asked us to produce will magically appear.

If this same incompetent leadership hasn't produced either stability or anykind of working Iraqi government in over two years how will they now be able to do it using the same old tactics?

Cut the losses.
End the pain.
Stop the Hundreds of Billions of dollars bleeding into Iraq.

And STOP allowing the name and face of America to be identified with the endless violence in Iraq.

Stupid leaders led a stupid nation into a stupid war for stupid reasons and lies, and after squandering tens of thousands of lives and Hundreds of Billions of dollars on it has Nothing productive to show for it.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out.

How will more stupidity help the situation?
Don't let pride or false hope stop you from admitting the obvious,
It was a mistake,
It is unsolvable now,
Quit wasting more time and dollars and human lives and use the tourniquet to stop the hemoraging.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

I think the answer is pretty simple....blame the "badseeds" and if you want more..blame the Gov't. But don't blame or categorzie all soldiers of doing such terrible acts...because the truth is that the vast majority of troops do not target civilians.

The problem is . . . that as long as American soldiers are in Iraq, they are target against any bad deeds against the Iraqi people, any incident will fall first on the "coalition" forces involvement.

Our "war" in Iraq has gone from liberation, to decimation, greed and protection of the US "oil barons" and simple chaos and mayhem, and is not the Govenment the one that is caught in the cross fire and either any of the Government backed "war happy" pushers, but our loves one, our soldiers they are also becoming the unwilling targets.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join