It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist Advocates Chemical Weapon Attack on Washington Metro Subway System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The Site Institute, which monitors Jihadist Internet activity, has reported on a message from one of the members of a Jihadist forum who is advocating an attack on the Washinton Metro Subway station.
He included a map with his post.

Site Institute

A member of a password-protected al-Qaeda affiliated message board provided the map of the Washington Metro subway system today, August 11, 2005, in addition to advocating an attack with chemical weapons upon this system to achieve “amazing results.” The author states that executing attacks within Saudi Arabia is “probably not effective,” so to ensure a “true effect in the world” attacks must be launched upon American soil with similar impact to that “done by Mohammad Atta.”

That's sounds pretty scary but I don't whether this member is someone capable of launching such an attack or if it's just some 13 year old kid in the Middle East who posted the message.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't believe they are capable of it at current time, and it makes sense that such an attack would be on the drawing board. I'll admit though after London I started driving to work instead of taking the Metro for the most part.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am not trying to discredit or devalue what you are mentioning, but I am not sure as to what you intially mentioned, Baphomet79:

I don't believe they are capable of it at current time...

IMHO, I think that they are quite capable of doing such. Despite a few sourced intelligence reports, 9/11 was deemed something non-achievable or capable of beng carried out to the degree that it was.

I have very little doubt that all it takes is a few well placed canisters, or depending on the biological chemical used, a vial or two or three, and the deed is done, and techinically speaking, again, depending on the biological chemical obtained by those seeking to commit such an act, the damage could be quite deadly, especially in a New York or Washington crowded subway or city corner. This can be orchestrated in such a way and at such a small scale, as compared to 9/11, that it could feasibly go unnoticed by authorities till too late. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack or a suicide bomber in a crowd of people.

The key to preventing such an act would definately be realtime on-the-ground intelligence, and assuming that what is being detailed by intelligence is 100% accurate enough to warrent large-scale actions to prevent or thwart such an occurance from happening.

seekerof

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

join