It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Warns Iran On Nuclear Plans (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Iran insists that it continues on its nuclear programs, assuring the UN that it is strictly for nuclear power and not for WMD's. The Iranian government feels that it is an injustice that Iran is not allowed to create nuclear energy,also reported saying that the process is up and running and unable to start since it has begun. Bush is worried along with the rest of the western world, and has put that force is still an option to deal with Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran, which denies it is secretly trying to develop nuclear arms, restarted work at its uranium conversion plant at Isfahan on Monday.

"All options are on the table," said Mr Bush, when asked about the possible use of force during an interview for Israeli TV.

"The use of force is the last option for any president. You know we have used force in the recent past to secure our country," he said

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Myself having Iranian heritage feel that it is wrong the the United States (along with the UN) is trying to control Iran's power. I know that if Iran were to get the technology dealing with them would be a lot harder than with Iraq, just because they would actually have nuclear missles. Although as an American I can notice that there is a possible threat and this should defintatly be dealt with.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Once again it starts to happen. The USA is starting to really push it's "Superpowers" to squash opposition. I don't agree with Iran building nukes but then again I am totally opposed to this regime of control that is increasingly becoming a part of world politics.

I wonder what Irans reaction will be. Looks like a real war could be brewing real fast. Why does America think it has the right to decide another countries fate?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Why does America think it has the right to decide another countries fate?

Well You Basicly Answered Yourself before in your Post:

Because it is a SUPERPOWER.

That's what Superpowers do Today.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Use of force seems to be the plan anyway and not a last resort. It was only a week or so ago that an updated intel report stated that Iran was 10 years away from building a nuclear weapon.

As for European objections and talks with Iran, if the Iranians waited for European nations to make a decision on anything, they'd have run out of oil long before a decision was made

top topics

join