It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Noticed New Stargate Season is About the Creationism Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you've seen it, this won't take much explanation. If you haven't, basically the false gods that posed as dieties on earth for millenia have been defeated.

The new bad guys, called the Ori, are from another galaxy and are on a crusade to convert everyone in this galaxy to believe in something called Origins about man's existence that they claim as Truth, or... die.

Hollywood fights back.

Be sure to visit The Children of the Ori on ATS (turns out the smoking man is their father too!)

Hallowed are the Ori... All Hail the Ori.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ah yes, I see I am not the only one who sees the new metaphor of Stargate

Though I actually see two of them there.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is this whole Light/ Fire, Heaven/Hell, God/Satan thing going on.

But then there is the nature of the Ori, quite similar to any religious fanaticism around: our way or no way at all.
Burning people alive, a plague as punishment for disobedience... the subtle hints in Stargate are priceless

As for the entertainment value of the Ori: I love these new bad guys.
It should be a great season of SG1 with them around.

Hallowed are the Ori

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think that was beyond subtle metaphor last night.

The priest from the galaxy ruled by false gods comes to the free galaxy and demands submission to The Book of Origins.

The free jaffe reject the Book of Origins and begin to fight. Fighting the Originists in their own galaxy however, was the plan all along. It allows them to establish a permanent foothold.

The Originists draw power from being attacked. They're powerless until engaged.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Indeed

Though I am slightly annoyed that Stargate has become a tool of a political message. I mean, it is just a sci-fi show, I expect entertainment from it, we can't turn everything into politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Indeed

Though I am slightly annoyed that Stargate has become a tool of a political message. I mean, it is just a sci-fi show, I expect entertainment from it, we can't turn everything into politics.

Science Fiction has always been a vehicle for political expression. Stargate is subtle, they even exported that subtle political satire to Atlantis. Some comment McKay made to Sheppard about the death penalty and civilized countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
finally, other people who have noticed. when I told my dad(he watches stargate and galatica with me) this, he looked at me like I was crazy. He woulden't even look at the web page I pulled up for him/

All hail the almighty Ori

OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Could they be attempting to make light of islam. The whole convert to us or die thing sounds like islam to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it's more of a metaphore for the Fire and Brimstone parts of the Bible. If you don't believe as we say for you to believe then you shall burn in hell for all eternity. I guess you could apply that metaphore to any fanatical religion.

new topics

top topics

join