It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Taking Picture Of A Train

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
im watching CNN news and their talking about the government and steps its taking for security some it talked about were

how a man in chicago was arrested for taking a picture of a train and that due to security issues now you can be arrested for taking pictures of public transpertation vehicles.

The government can search your house without telling you and that a man named "Mayfeild" had it happen to him because they thought he was involved in the Madrid bombings so they searched his house without telling him and was found innocent and now a year later he found out his house was searched without his knowlege.

also with the president permission the government has the power to indefinitly imprission someone if its believed that they are a terrorist without going to court or anything

it also says that their is around 50 000 security camera's in new york city alone and the government wants to get more

[edit on 12-8-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah, its all crap man, they are gonna put up the Cameras in Chicago aswell, on nearly every street corner they say.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
im watching CNN news and their talking about the government and steps its taking for security some it talked about were

how a man in chicago was arrested for taking a picture of a train and that due to security issues now you can be arrested for taking pictures of public transpertation vehicles.

I can undrestand there reason for not wanting pic's taken of public transportaion, But last time i check the freight rail roads don't move people around.

I wounder what kind of train he took a pic of. Must of Been Amtrak or something.

This Sorta Pisses me off. I'm 26 years old and love Trains. On of My Hobbies is being the VP of TrainzEasternroutes.com Which makes train routes for Auran's TRS2004 Train sim. Some times i have to go into the field and take pics of crossing, factorys, and other items so i can make the route as near to perfect as i can.

I have been harased by cops in the past, evean befor 9/11.

As of late, i haven't taken any pics for fear of being arested.

My Freedom and the right to enjoy life is realy starting to fade away.......

Zintac

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Zintac]

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Zintac]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I take pics of them all the time around here and all I get is a friendly wave from the train crews. Haven't been harrassed by the police, nothing, our town police don't even stop me and me what I'm doing with that camera.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have taken pictures of various transportation for a variety of reasons ranging from a family member going on a trip and they are on that transportation to it just looking rather unusual. I have even taken pictures of fire engines, police cars, helipcopters etc just for fun. I have never been harassed by anyone and I have done it in plane view.

Perhaps there was more to that Chicago story than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Regarding the Cameras in Chicago, I am pretty sure that nearly every square inch of public areas in London are blanketed with Cameras. They got used to it, I don't think it's such a bad thing, then again I'm not planning on blowing anything up.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just remember, "Big Brother" is watching you!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I find it helps to leave my trench coat at home and not have wires sticking out of my shirt when I take the pictures.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That's bull...I almost got arrested about 10 years ago, taking pictures of the landfill down the road. They took my film.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe the US and UK gov't will have a Candid Camera-like TV show.

"Don't be surprised if sometime, somewhere, when you least expect it, some guy in a black uniform comes up to you, pushes you in a black unmarked van and says, SMILE! you're going to Guantanamo Bay."

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Maybe the US and UK gov't will have a Candid Camera-like TV show.

"Don't be surprised if sometime, somewhere, when you least expect it, some guy in a black uniform comes up to you, pushes you in a black unmarked van and says, SMILE! you're going to Guantanamo Bay."

Good one...seems it's about coming to that, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Back in January 2002, my wife and I almost were apprehended by the National Guard because I was taking a picture of my wife while standing on a beach with the blue ocean as a pretty backdrop. 1 minute later, a Hummer pulls up and soldiers with large guns come out at us! Granted there was a nuclear power plant 2 miles away but the plant was behind a large hill and not at all visible. Besides, postcards showing that beach very clearly are available in the nearby gift shops anyway -- they aren't exactly stopping terrorists from doing research by having these nonsensical requirements.

Fortunately, I was able to convince them that the house down the street was mine (it was) and that I grew up here and we're newly weds just taking pictures of each other. They suddenly lightened up their attitude when they figured out we're harmless. I almost had to go change my pants after that I was so scared.

There are also areas I don't dare try to bird watch anymore since some busy bodies feel that dorky looking people with spotting scopes and bird field guides are terrorists.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
yeah the U.S isnt really that free anymore. You cant even do little things like take pictures of friends, bird watch or w/e, and even my friend and I had baseball bats going to the park nearby and we noticed a cop following us for a while until we got into the park a bit. What is this world coming too

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Its called national security. God you guys sound like a whinny bunch of little girls. Perhaps we should just drop our pants and show the world our a** and tell them to go ahead and do whatever because we will just turn the other cheek.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Its funny because we used to make fun of the Soviets for doing the exact same things.
Oh well I guess "national security" takes precedence.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Soon we'll have soilders walking up and down the streets
That be harsh.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Its called national security. God you guys sound like a whinny bunch of little girls. Perhaps we should just drop our pants and show the world our a** and tell them to go ahead and do whatever because we will just turn the other cheek.

Just because I don't like or agree with something only means I have to accept it. I can still disagree with these policies and do whatever is left in my power to do something about it.

They can take national security a bit too far though...Yes, we need security at our borders and our airports, but we don't have to give up our liberties attaining it.

"Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." ~ Ben Franklin

They claim they don't have the man-power, why not take the DEA and FBI agents, jumping out of the helicopter onto the house on the dying cancer patient in Northern California and busting him smoking the legally attained marijuana, he got just so he wasn't in so much pain and now able able hold down food, and put them to work where thery are really needed!

But then again that's goverment control...the Federal Government will give certain powers to the States...then take them back whenever the want.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by maybeangels]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by And1balla2829
Soon we'll have soilders walking up and down the streets
That be harsh.

Yep, just may end up that way. I think we will first see more of the citizen vigilante groups, like the Guardian Angels and the Minute Men....but I do agree some of our major crime ridden cities, ie: Chicago, New York...etc...need groups like the Guardian Angels in certain high crime neighborhoods.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybeangels
They can take national security a bit too far though...Yes, we need security at our borders and our airports, but we don't have to give up our liberties attaining it.

The problem is you're giving up your liberties, and your borders are still wide-open

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeppers, Swearbear...but I'm fighting like hell to keep 'em!

Kinda makes a conundrum out of the Ben Franlklin Quote, doesn't it?

[edit on 15-8-2005 by maybeangels]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join