It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Mexican Governor has declared a State of emergency!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Racist comments, Violence, and death threats are among the things that are going on near are borders with Mexico. Cops in Riot gear gather at the Southern California border with riot gear to act as a fence between Anti-Imigration Advocates and Pro-Imigration Advocates. The New mexico Governor declared a state of emergency. Death threats are shouted at the founders of the Minute man Project. Pretty much all the same things are happening in AZ and TX too. Its madness. A civil war is imminent in my humble opinion.

Any Comments?

[edit on 12-8-2005 by punkmonkey14]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Do you have any links or more information on this

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
wow, you'd think a NM news station site would have info on it:
www.krqe.com...

which it doesn't. I am not believing this at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bill is a big puss. He declares a state of emergency when NM gets 2 feet of snow.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ive got no links for the event as outlined by punkmonkey14 however there has been a deteriation in the area recently....it probaly is nothing but has the potential to be the trigger for much worse IMHO.

ATSNN - POLITICS: US Closes Consulate on Mexican Border

And another thread on the same topic:

ATSNN - WAR: Paramilitary Assassins Threaten Southern U.S. Border

The whole situation there and the connection with drugs and big money and government complicity is of concern.

Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, guys its true I'm not lying, Bill Richardson was on CNN not 30 mins ago, he did call a state of emergency, why would I make this crap up.

The CNN website doesn't have anything on it yet, since it was on just a few minutes ago

[edit on 12-8-2005 by punkmonkey14]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I found this:
www.freenewmexican.com...

It doesn't mention an escalation of violence, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one. I take it that in order to gain access to certain monies, the Governor needed to declare an emergency, using the border problem as the reason?

This is probably the main reason:
"fund a field office for the state Office of Homeland Security"

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Kongfuey]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the link man, I was starting to look like a phony since I didnt have one

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There may be a state of Emergency however it is probably due to this:

LUCIO BLANCO, Mexico (AP) -- A small settlement near a bridge to the United States was reduced to little more than rubble when a tanker truck collided with a train, killing two people and injuring at least 44.Witnesses said they heard two large explosions Thursday followed by a series of smaller ones, with gusts of fire ripping through cement-wall homes and blasting off corrugated metal roofing."It was like an earthquake," said Jorge Batres, describing how flames spread to nearby cars, shops and houses

Sounds like a state of emergency to me!

Regards Elf

CNN

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thats not it, Richardson said, he declared it so he could free some funds to help police forces and such.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
There may be a state of Emergency however it is probably due to this:

LUCIO BLANCO, Mexico (AP) -- A small settlement near a bridge to the United States was reduced to little more than rubble when a tanker truck collided with a train, killing two people and injuring at least 44.Witnesses said they heard two large explosions Thursday followed by a series of smaller ones, with gusts of fire ripping through cement-wall homes and blasting off corrugated metal roofing."It was like an earthquake," said Jorge Batres, describing how flames spread to nearby cars, shops and houses

That incident was in Mexico which is the sovereign (barely) country on the southern border of the United States, Bill "Speedy" Richardson is the Govenor (barely) of New Mexico, the 47th state in the aforementioned United States.

www.nmmagazine.com...

www.nmmagazine.com...

Red Or Green Monkeys, not just for ordering lunch anymore...

[edit on 12/8/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mirthfullmonkey,
Thanks for the interesting links, learnt something new there

but hey If you go to the first thread link on my first post some info I posted about the situation on the same border but not this area. Hey guys I just posted some links that seemed to be interlinked and checked out what cnn had to say about the mexican border at the moment.

Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There you folks, enjoy!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I came across an article about what you had mention concerning a border emergency in New Mexico.

Border emergency declared in New Mexico
Governor says area 'devastated' by human and drug smuggling

Snip~~

"The situation is out of hand," Richardson said Friday night on CNN, noting that one 54-mile stretch is particularly bad.
[~~]
In announcing the state of emergency, Richardson -- a Democrat who served in President Clinton's Cabinet -- criticized the "total inaction and lack of resources from the federal government and Congress" in helping protect his state's residents along the border.

"There's very little response from the Border Patrol," he said on CNN. "They're doing a good job, but they don't have the resources."

www.cnn.com...

Also

Davy Crockett would weep at the news. Non-whites are now a majority in Texas.

Demographers predict that whites will be outnumbered by all other races in the United States by 2050

I see I was a bit late and this link from CNN was already posted.

[edit on 13/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sauron,

Nice article. I find it rather amusing though that someone would say that lack of funds is the cause for the border problem. A month or 2 ago? the border security appropriations bill went through and a total of 6.5 billion was granted to the border patrol. If 6 billion isnt enough then we need to find out what that money is being used for. Hell, we've got hundreds (dont remember exact #) state vehicles missing in california.. Who knows where the money went, maybe towards the buying and reselling of cocain via the cia?

I'm sure davy crockett would be more concerned with excess government which was never intended to be there. Also, davy crockett would've just shot the people coming across the border =)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My family went to New Mexico and nothing really has changed and most of us were able to go where we wanted. Can a mod please move this topic to a trash bin? There wasn't any kind of boarder control or any security changes in any places at all and like you couldn't really notice somethings different there at all and we go there more often than most people do too. I would know if they were in martial law, and trust me, they really aren't.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
just an interesting tidbit that might be related...on a hunting forum I frequent there are a few military personell of all levels who post there. recently several have posted saying that the military has committed troops to help stabilize the border. one was more specific saying a batallion had been committed for deployment very soon. keep in mind alot of these guys are BLIND republican and I'm regarded as one of the "tinfoil hat clan". these guys could never conceive the concept of martial law in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The latest news information is that the Mexican and Americans agreed to dismantle a small village in Mexico (Las Chapas) to try to decrease person flows and Gov. Richardson has begun plans to construct a $60,000 fence near Columbus, N.M. (Columbus is the place where Pancho Villa staged his famous raid into the U.S. Now they have an official border station for people to cross from either side at Columbus. The town on the Mexican side from Columbus is a lot bigger than the 35 people they said reside in the village to be dismantled, so I don't know if the two are directly related (the fence to be built at Columbus and the area of the tiny Mexican village.)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
My family went to New Mexico and nothing really has changed and most of us were able to go where we wanted. Can a mod please move this topic to a trash bin? There wasn't any kind of boarder control or any security changes in any places at all and like you couldn't really notice somethings different there at all and we go there more often than most people do too. I would know if they were in martial law, and trust me, they really aren't.

news.google.com...

heh, seriously....

Results 1 - 10 of about 10,300 for border violence. (0.19 seconds)

[edit on 27-8-2005 by senseless04]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You know it's strange but here in Australia we have heard NOTHING at all about any of this?

Not a damn thing. You would think with stuff like this going on something would be reported but there has literally been no mention at all

The only reason people have heard about it is by visiting sites like this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join