It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adam's first wife??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
in the apocrytha ( how do you spell that? ) anyways i think in there you will find liliuth is adam;s first wife.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by vonwoolf appollonia]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lilith is the name of Adam's "first" wife, and there are other threads about her.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yup Lilith...thats her name. Definatley BEFORE Eve............

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Lilith, I have heard this over an over, but cannot think of where this comes from as far as source... Maybe like lost books of the Bible. Eve means the mother of all living. and this is not mentioned until after they partake of the tree and them Adam is kicked out and meets Eve right?

Well ...now thats what it says, " So he sent Man forth from the garden" hehehe

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Yup Lilith...thats her name. Definatley BEFORE Eve............

Thats why they say there are two types of women in the world

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It really depends on the scripture you read and as in many such things it varies within the scripture.

en.wikipedia.org...

In one Jewish tradition it's Samael and Lilith. In another it's Adam and Lilith. And then there is Adam and Eve.

If you found your Biblical faith on a woman being created from a man's rib, then it would be worthwile to go to the fossil records and find out really who got whose rib.

Generally I think too many people take what is spoonfed to them as children, without questioning to find more meaning for themselves. Questioning is good and there have been some great questioners round here.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This discussion is in a thread on BTS. Here are some links I found:

www2.kenyon.edu...
perdurabo10.tripod.com... www.webcom.com...

Maybe they'll be of some interest

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So does this mean that Adam and Lillith is the first divorce ever on record? Was Eve just Adam's secretary at first, or maybe his kid's babysitter? And things just evolved from there? Go Adam! Go Adam! Go Adam! Whoo hooo!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok someone straighten me out here. Adam= Mankind right? so when it says " Therefore the LORD GOD sent HIM forth from the garden of eden, to till the ground from where he was taken" this mean both?
also " So he drove out the MAN ...."( gen 3...its in there.)
So what happen to the woman? or does this mean both them?
Gen 3, 22 " Man has become as one of us"......
What about the woman? did she get to stay in the garden?
was woman also considered Man?
Gen 5 verse 2 " male female created he them, blessed them, and called their name Adam"

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Ok someone straighten me out here. Adam= Mankind right? so when it says " Therefore the LORD GOD sent HIM forth from the garden of eden, to till the ground from where he was taken" this mean both?
also " So he drove out the MAN ...."( gen 3...its in there.)
So what happen to the woman? or does this mean both them?
Gen 3, 22 " Man has become as one of us"......
What about the woman? did she get to stay in the garden?
was woman also considered Man?
Gen 5 verse 2 " male female created he them, blessed them, and called their name Adam"

Maybe this helps?

Gen1:27 KJV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, I see what you mean in chapter 1 of gen. was there, in your opinion, just 2 people or was their more then one?(mankind) and about woman that was taken from man in chapter 2, was this Eve? it doesnt say. How does Lilith fit in here?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hmm, in the Koran, in the Al-Alaq Sura, there's a passage that reads:

"He created Him
out of a mere congealed clot of blood
We created Them"

I htink this may be referring to a creator/supreme creator that another race is giving credit to in the first part, then the 'other' creators are claiming us as their pet science project.

DNA/genetic splicing? It seems to fit with the "Man has become one of us" thingy and Lilith, if my memory serves me right, comes from Judaism(?)

'Adam' comes from "A.da.mu" Sumerian and greek 'Adamos'.....Sorry, I forget the exact translation.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Adam is a noun. " Adamah" means the ground, just as in latin it is called Homo which comes from Humus. ( humans)
Homo cause he/she was formed from humans.
so their were no first Adam,according to the hebrew text. they were called "Adamah"
This was simply a forging of the name Adam, ( A Noun) and formed into a mythical proper name for One Man.
Gen 5 says " and they were both called Adam"
so my point is, is that when we read the Bible and see adam, this means Mankind Male/ female/
so yes their could very well could have been alot other females.
see what I mean? hope I explained this properly

new topics

top topics

join