It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna win?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludo182
and Cole who do you think you are, some kind of soldier?

Yes i am GIJoe

Originally posted by ludo182 In Europe we have experienced war on our soil and we have been taught by history that war should always be the very very very.... very last resort

You experienced did ya? You must be an old timer by now, i respect the old timers, did you take part in the action?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Are you a neoconservative? You think that you are, but don't know for sure? Take this quiz to find out.
Neocon Quiz

Well Lets take a look at the whole poll!

Here are my results,

edsinger is a Neocon

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh that was cute........

and here is where your ideas will lead us.....

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This will fix the problem nicely:-

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by ludo182
and Cole who do you think you are, some kind of soldier?

Yes i am GIJoe

Originally posted by ludo182 In Europe we have experienced war on our soil and we have been taught by history that war should always be the very very very.... very last resort

You experienced did ya? You must be an old timer by now, i respect the old timers, did you take part in the action?

i'm 21 but my grandfathers were soldiers. I live in a French region called "Alsace" at the border with Germany so the region was considered as german by the Nazis during the war and the men had to get in the german army and were sent on the Russian front, to prevent them to fight at the west and surrender to French troops

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Hey the money industry backs everything with guns, the guns part is no paper tiger. Don't forget to read War Is a Racket. Of course bankers are so stupid they don't realize that reforming their death industry angle would be immensely profitable for everyone including themselves.
[edit on 13-8-2005 by SkipShipman]

Smedley Butler was a hero and a great Marine, but he was also a communist. Even he was wrong sometimes. When a great person backs a philosophy which history as shown to be insufficient in a number of ways, the kindest thing we can do for the memory of that person is just set aside whatever errant views he expressed related to that philosophy.

Now if he'd written a book on how to fight a war, I'd sure as heck read that, because that was something that Smedley Darlington Butler knew A LOT about.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's threads like these that make me think that ATS needs the black band again. We have gone from the Freeper crowd to the Stormfront crowd.

ATS is through the looking glass, people.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
With all due respect curme, wishing that a war could be fought more effectively, even if ones' views on how that could be done are flawed, is hardly analogous to what the stormfronters represent.
Granted in a large community like ATS you're likely to have a few nuts- there are racists on ATS (and not all of them are white christians either). But this is a stormfronter thread? Give me a break.
I presume you've heard of Godwin's law.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond(and not all of them are white christians either).

btw, Jesus was colorblind.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
#2 Dump a couple of hundred thousand troops into Baghdad and lock the place down tighter than my wifes.....er...

If skippy didn't want anyone to take this gem and use it, he would have hit the delete key rather than feign a slip of the tongue in a medium designed around the written and easily formatted word.

Have at.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The way to win this war is to pull out now, and stop stealing iraqi oil, This war is illegal and as that we should not prolong our stay, Give the iraqi freedom fighters money and food and they will go back to being peacfull people without american oppression, let the iraqi people run iraq they dont need our help.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The way to win this war is to pull out now, and stop stealing iraqi oil, This war is illegal and as that we should not prolong our stay, Give the iraqi freedom fighters money and food and they will go back to being peacfull people without american oppression, let the iraqi people run iraq they dont need our help.

Were not stealing Iraqi oil, we're buying it. Also Iraq is going to produce more oil than they ever have, with Saudi and American oil companies building refineries and digging wells throughout the country.

Give the "freedom fighters" food and money and they will buy more arms and recruit more bodies to wage civil war. Yes, the Iraqi people do need our help. We invaded their country, now we have to stabilize their country.

By the way, is that your favorite color and persona?

[edit on 14-8-2005 by vincere7]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ok and who would these Iraqis be? #es. Kurds, or Sunni's?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would like to see a poll conducted on the people answering this and a few other threads regarding the war. It seems the fanatics that are advocating the war and bomb more are from a yuonger generation. Not all but most. It also seems the older members, who have experience, knowledge and memories of past failures are the ones taking the softly softly stance.

Is this a problem of bored youth wishing to take over and rule the world? Or do these young ones not have the experience yet to see two sides of the same coin? Or is it just that the younger ones are more easily brainwashed by the administration than the older crowd.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know many older Americans Vets and nonVets that support this war. They see it for what it is, we were attacked and now we are on the offensive as the pantyfart tulipwalker methods have failed once again.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
It seems the fanatics that are advocating the war and bomb more are from a yuonger generation. Not all but most. It also seems the older members, who have experience, knowledge and memories of past failures are the ones taking the softly softly stance.

This seems to be a purely online phenomenon. Out in the real world its very hard to find young people who support the war, but virtually everyone over the age of 40 likes to say stupid stuff like "we should just nuke them". Another thing to point out is that the hawks talk more because they tend to be people with an interest in the military on some level, either because they are neocons or for whatever other reason. People who are against something, unless vehemently so and looking for an argument over it, don't talk about it because it just disgusts them.
My guess is that the pro/con ratio around here is probably between 55/45 and 65/35. with members under 25 and over 45 being the most heavily in favor of the war.

By the way, what's with C0le's alterego? Either C0le is messing with our heads or he had an obvious password.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I know many older Americans Vets and nonVets that support this war. They see it for what it is, we were attacked and now we are on the offensive as the pantyfart tulipwalker methods have failed once again.

You were attacked by the Taliban and /or Al Queda - but you are in Iraq. Iraq and Al Quida, were more or less enemies. Isn't the enermy of my enemy my friend? Yet you attacked the enemy of your seeming enemy.....

Nope, doesn't make sense anyway you put it.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Isn't the enermy of my enemy my friend?

Congratulations on discovering the link between Saddam and Al Qaida. You should be proud.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join