It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna win?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
I know most of you are paid to say the things you say but there has to be a little bit of a soul left inside you.
t.

Translation:

I don't understand why you have the opinion that you do, but it's much easier for me to lay baseless accusations than it would be to question further and try to understand where you're coming from.

Ninj. Even my own tulipwalking, pacifist, hippy tree-hugging self can see that your post, whilst the intention might've been great, ain't going to change any views here. The best we can do is just try and understand the other side of the argument.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
"I think [talk of troop reductions] were rumors. I think they're speculation," link

As far as Iraq pumping more oil than ever, I'm afraid you are mistaken.
They are now pumping 500,000 barrel per day less than they were before the fall of Saddam. link

You keep holding on to your "links" Ace.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
I don't understand why you have the opinion that you do, but it's much easier for me to lay baseless accusations than it would be to question further and try to understand where you're coming from.

and that was well said Little Tinkle.

Maxi

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I love it..this thread has turned into a fist fight between the left and right hands again....

What was the point of the thread started again?

Oh yeah to breed more hatred, more anger, more accusations, more fanatical beliefs....

You know the hitler youth thought that what their leader was doing was fantastic, rather than lambast him like everyone seems to do the American admin, he was loved by his people.

So what is different between the peoples fervour now for war in the middle east and what happened back then?

and people can cry concentration camps as much as they want, it was the Americans that killed thousands of innocents with the H Bombs... so who was worse?

You could say well hey if we didn't do that we would be speaking Japanese today, well the nazi's thoguht if they didn't take their action that the world would be overun by jews and now the americans think that if we don't take over the middle east the world will be overrun by muslim terrorists. The terrorists themselves are thinking if they don't fight back with what they have at their disposal they will soon be sitting down to maccas while watching some dumb reality show on the idiot box.

and geez what's the world going to do when it realises that China's one child (boy preffered) policy has created an army of millions and a country that can't sustain it's population growth much longer....

Everyones so damned worried about what's going on in other peoples backyards and not addressing the serious issues facing us today as a species, not a nation....not a religion...not a colour but as a species......

Send over more troops, go on, you will just incite a whole race of people into more hatred of the westerners who will never back down and are prepared to die fighting for their own lands and beliefs.

And you will create more needless casualities. But that's all ok by the time you lose a couple of hundred thousand more soldiers, China will be ready to make it's move to greener pastures.

For every action...there is a reaction

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
LA bud, I love Ya !!

The only problem I see with your plan is taking down organizations like the ACLU.

You know, I fear the ACLU more than I fear Islamic radicals. Perhaps this group started out with noble goals, but now their providing legal support for captured terrorists, as well as attacking everything thats good in America. Sueing to tear down crosses, sueing for illegal immigrant rights, sueing...sueing...sueing.

They have become mad-dogs and if you look at their current track record, the ACLU has been at war with America for quite awhile also.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus. Perhaps this group started out with noble goals, but now their providing legal support for captured terrorists,

They're providing legal help (in some cases) to people accused of certain crimes.

You'd be the first to shout for legal help if you'd been accused of a crime; we all would yell, and loudly, for our rights.

Some of these people have already been released without charge, and allowed to return to their home nation; should we truly be welcoming a situation where the premise becomes "guilty until proven innocent"?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
It makes our war strategy pro-active instead of Re-active...this way you force those countries I mentioned to go after the terrorists BEFORE they strike.

Ther must be a "toll" to pay for supporting these monsters..Im not saying "NUKE IRAN"...Im saying lets make them feel some pain also.

-Hit a powerplant with cruise missiles.

-Hit that new submarine docked in their harbor with stealth bombers.

-Whack that oil pipeline with laser giuded bombs.

Yeah, its an act of war, but in reality..we have been in a low-level war with the forces of these countries for quite awhile. All this does is up the stakes and anythings better than waiting for one of our cities to go KaBoom. Please feel free to add to my list instead of insulting me.

Ever heard of Escalation?

Escalation is the phenomenon of something getting worse step by step, for example a quarrel, or, notably, military presence and nuclear armament during the Cold War. (Compare to escalator, a device that lifts something to a higher level.)

It is also used in psychology to describe a change in behaviour usually from stable or acceptable towards unstable or unacceptable.

The actions you described will make the situation worse and worse.
Instead of just fighting Al Qaeda like the US should have been doing, it is now fighting Iraqis and because of a percieved threat from Iraq's neighbors, you want to expand the war into Iran and Syria and possibly Saudi Arabia. If you start bombing all of these nations, there's a chance that Muslims in Pakistan will rise up and take control of the Government and it's nuclear arsenal and aim them straigh at US troops or even the US mainland.

You can't fight all of these nations without suffering serious casualties.
You'll probably be fighting alone if you fight the way you want to and that will make it worse.

Why would you want to fight a war like WW2 anyway?
Over 50 million people died during that war.
Do you reall want to look to that war as an example of how you should fight?
Do you really want to move this fight from one that's taking the lives of tens of thousands into on that will take the lives of millions?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Let me finnish with this remark....to win a war you have to be more violent than the people your fighting. In WW II, we gave the Japanese so much violence...they finally gave up. They had their fill of it! ....the Nazis gave up after almost ALL their cities were destroyed and their armies wiped out.

Unless these measure are taken....we may as well bring our boys back home and pull the blankie over our heads.

Maximu§

You have voted LA_Maximus for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Guess what?

I agree, but I would like to add, that when caught or killed, they should be buried with pigs and all those who help them. It would be nice for our troops to have some pork chops instead of MRE's. I have the feeling that there would be a many of pork shipments for a while........and then just as with the British......they will calm down and then we can leave.

These scum do not respect international law and convention and they laugh at our attempts to adhere to them, for they know it increases their strength and their will if they no the opponent is fighting with both hands behind his back.

I would also like to add, I would give Israel a GREEN light, to take Syria out and the West Bank and GAZA.

You give the folks there a simple option, either stay and be part of the peace or leave, one shot at at it only. And for those that lie? Well lets just say SWIFT and PUBLIC justice.

That way, we would be out of Iraq in 12 months.............

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

You fascists never win. Haven't you noticed that?

AWESOME:

I would like to add that the "Tulipwalkers" sure as hell don't win, they get taken over!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

How about we turn that around and see what you think of this.
For every bomb the US drops on a Muslim country, Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia will blow up a US oil refinery, a US oil tanker or even just a gas station or two somewhere in the US.

Do you have any idea what your saying, hell your condoning terrorism, i hope your not an american and if you are your a traitor.

I got a better idea, how about for every terrorist attack or an american soldier killed we blow up a mosque here in the US with a nice fuel bomb.
then we can start targeting their schools or communities and blowing them up.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

3) Kill all prisoners that are caught red-handed with bomb making materials or are caught shooting at coalition forces....Kill them on the spot and be done with it. That also goes for the Garbage at Guantanamo Bay.

Nice. Let's forget the Geneva Convention. I may want to kill them all on the spot, but let's not slip down to their level. In theory, we are civilized.

4) Start making Iran, Saudi Arabia and Syria pay a "toll" for allowing these terrorists into Iraq. Heres how it works.....if a theres ANY terror attack ANYWHERE in the world that involves Islam ....than US B-2 Bombers should hit Irans #1 oil pipeline...sink that shiney new Frigate sitting in their harbor....hit that nuclear plant in Iran...blow that Iranian refinery up.......assasinate Royal Saudi family members that are proven to finance terrorism.......Hit the Syrian security forces buildings.....etc etc etc. You see, only when it starts getting expensive and dangerous for the Terror sponsers will they start changing....until than they will continue to finance and support terror.

Fantastic idea. Let's make a barrel of oil $150. That will do wonders for not only the economy but the American People's confidence. Do you really think that the only money the Iranian's get is from oil?

5) Lock up all the ACLU leadership and have a Grand Jury investigate where their getting their money from. Lock up or DEPORT ANYONE who openly supports the Islamic terrorists until this war is over with. Lock up any newspaper or TV reporter that reports a story that can cause harm to our soldiers in the field (Grab-an-Arab prison scandal and the Koran in the toilet scandal from newsweek etc etc).

It is acts like this that we claim countries have commited that we "liberate". While we're at it, let's throw out the Bill of Rights.

Let me finnish with this remark....to win a war you have to be more violent than the people your fighting. In WW II, we gave the Japanese so much violence...they finally gave up. They had their fill of it! ....the Nazis gave up after almost ALL their cities were destroyed and their armies wiped out.

Unless these measure are taken....we may as well bring our boys back home and pull the blankie over our heads.

Maximu§

Violence does not win a war. Never underestimate the heart of your enemy. Do you really think that superior firepower will deter a terrorist so determined to kill that they are willing to blow themselves up?

BTW, I normally hate when people correct grammar, but your poor use of their, they're, there and finnish demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

It should be noted, that I am a Republican and support President Bush and the War on Terror. I just find these ideas rediculous.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Do you have any idea what your saying, hell your condoning terrorism,

No he just sympathizes with them....

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Do you have any idea what your saying, hell your condoning terrorism, i hope your not an american and if you are your a traitor.

Condoning terrorism is exactly what LA_Maximus was doing. Why didn't you attack what he was saying?
All I was doing was turning it around so you can see just how counter productive the idea being pushed forward by LA Max really was.

It will lead to escalation.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

How about we turn that around and see what you think of this.
For every bomb the US drops on a Muslim country, Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia will blow up a US oil refinery, a US oil tanker or even just a gas station or two somewhere in the US.

I got a better idea, how about for every terrorist attack or an american soldier killed we blow up a mosque here in the US with a nice fuel bomb.
then we can start targeting their schools or communities and blowing them up.

It is attitudes like this that will ensure the planet has no peace. What makes you a better person than any one of your perceived terrorists? What makes you above the very person or people you are threatening. You call him a traitor, I call your attitude one of a terrorist. You are the one threatening innocent children and civilians. They just want you out of their country.

I think Ace was trying to show you the other side of the coin you were flipping so recklessly in the air. For every action is reaction.

he is not being a traitor and neither is anyone speaking out against this war. It's not their war, the administration bought it into their homes and made it their war. He may have children himself and wish to see them grow up and may wish to grow old. Not once have i heard any Arab threatening to take over America, not once have I heard them say they are coming to invade.

As far as they are concerned the Americans are tresspassers, it goes right back to when the Saudi Admin bought the Ameircans in after the iraq Invasion of Kuwait. The Saudis were offered their own people as protection through the mujahadin, they opted instead for American protection which pi**ed their people off. The people want the americans out and really can't be blamed for that at all. It may have started with "good" intentions and a bit of oil, but now....... well look at the mess.

Oh hell yeah why don't you keep on going until there is no more people to blow up...Guess what you rock...your all alone out there but you rock, you won.. at what price.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Escalation

Yeah, its a gamble and one thing item #4 does is make America more dangerous to our enemies. It puts them on notice that a "pound-of-flesh" will be taken everytime Islamic terrorists strike......if London subways can get attacked......well so can Iranian Ports. At least we're not trying to kill as many innocents as we can...Thats what makes us different.

You see Iran, Syria and the Royal Saudi Family can find out who is planning future "operations" much faster than our intell boys can....so all Im saying is to turn up the heat on them....make them feel the pain financially and make them feel the FEAR of wondering what part of their ecomomy is gonna be hit next.

If oil hits $150 per barrel....so freaking what? Its already on the way there and all I care about is us winning against radical Islam. Thats all that matters.

Im not gonna call you a traitor Ace, because I know your not.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Escalation

Yeah, its a gamble and one thing item #4 does is make America more dangerous to our enemies.

Maximu§

Hey listen!

Your wargame is being staged on a planet which belongs to all of us.

While you entertain yourself with the reality TV show called "The war on Terror" , we have to put up with the consequences of your horrendously polluting and resource wasting war which includes a massive and increasing hole in the ozone layer which our peaceful little country sits right beneath.

If your game escalates the way you desire it to then we will also be living in the radioactive atmosphere which will be the result

Go and play your wargames on the moon and get off our planet you 'bloody' alien!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Hey listen!

While you entertain yourself with the reality TV show called "The war on Terror" , we have to put up with the consequences of your horrendously polluting and resource wasting war which includes a massive and increasing hole in the ozone layer which our peaceful little country sits right beneath.

If your game escalates the way you desire it to then we will also be living in the radioactive atmosphere which will be the result

Go and play your wargames on the moon and get off our planet you 'bloody' alien!

Is that red haired bud your smoking?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hey listen!

This guy thinks hes on the front lines doesnt he?
Why in the world do you care what your enemy thinks of you, an you brits are overly dramatic to begin with( im assuming you are one). I dont know how many times the brit members post this apocalyptic crap.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhanThis guy thinks hes on the front lines doesnt he?
Why in the world do you care what your enemy thinks of you, an you brits are overly dramatic to begin with( im assuming you are one). I dont know how many times the brit members post this apocalyptic crap.

I think he is KIWI......

you know the younger brother of the Aussies.....

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Is that red haired bud your smoking?

Stick to the topic and keep your drug use insinuations to yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join