It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betting pool on terror alerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have an idea here for the bookies. They should start a new form of betting:

US Terror Alerts.

With the terror alerts going up and going down, I'm sure there will be punters out there that would be interested. Check this latest out on US terror levels:

US Lowers Transit Terrorism Levels

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute, isn't there a 'threat' for Sept 11? I don't get it. Heightened threat, lowered thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How much would you bet the terror level is going to go up again soon??

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey I'm waiting for the 'threat' to go down in London so I can really get worried.
I would be getting a little fearful about the US lowering the threat rather than raising it. Then of course it could be a slight of hand, so if something happens people can be completely confused as to the state of things prior. Someone in the govt has obviously been reading books on magic.

My question of the day - what the hell/where the hell are these so called 'intelligence' people that cost so much and are supposed to be protecting the people? Oh wait, I know the answer to that... they are working for the government, not the people! Then who is working for the people? It certainly isn't the politicians.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's all a mind game people. Lower the threat level...followed by an attack...this justifies raising the threat level and invading another country.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm betting nothing because I could care less for The Department of Homeland Insecurity's so-called terror threats. I am like this because if the terrorists were to strike, they would do it when we will have our guard down and they will do it without warning.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There was an actual official market proposed for terror futures. You'll find threads about it at ATS.

It was canned for the abject stupidity of it, but reading about how and why the concept was floated gives you good insight into current priorities (they always seem to have something to do with riding on the backs of regular folk to make humongous sums of money, at war, in business, or any field you choose).

top topics

join