It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices around the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am paying 1.039 per litre of gas here in BC, Canada. I noticed we are not paying the most as compared around the world. But how on earth can they justify the price when people living in Venezuela only pay .12 cents a gallon. Me thinks I am living in the wrong place.

money.cnn.com...
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

[edit on 12-8-2005 by valkeryie]

[edit on 12-8-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
1 Canadian Dollar= 36 Indian rupees

Current price per litre of petrol= 45-47 Rupees
Expected to hit 50 rupees plus this week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
2.33 a gallon in west texas atm.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
$2.68 in CA

Atm anyway....

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
These prices will cause a second great depression, especially at the 3$ mark. Hell, i dont know if im going to be able to drive to school or not.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
One day it will be like 2.39 then next day it will go up to 2.49 like today,
I dont understand, maybe someone can help because this has been going on for awhile now, I have noticed the up-down of gasoline and then in one area its like lets say 2.29 then down the road its like 2.49 then in another part its cheaper yet. If this fuel is coming from a fuel tanker, how do they determind the price of this fuel? when its delivered wouldnt you think that price would stay the same since its from the same fuel truck? do you know what I mean? how can they raise it up an down daily it seems?
if their getting it for one price, or maybe this is not how they do it, I dunno, its just like up down all the time.
Now my sister when she was in Florida for the winter, she said they dont do this.
Here in Ohio it kinda changes daily
least in my area

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
$1 per liter(Ontario), that makes it $3.80/gallon(Approx $3.00 US). And we are an oil producing country.

Seems like Venezuela got it right.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
$ 3.39 for regular in East Tennessee. What worries me is cost this winter for heating fuel. Feel sorry for the retired elderly. There seems to be no end to this.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Around $2.70/gallon on Oahu, well over $3/gallon on neighbor islands. Molokai has two gas stations, so they're up over $3.50/gallon.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
meant to say $ 2.39 for regular. Sorry

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Can someone tell me why America pays less for gas than nations it imports it from? I'm not getting that.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its $2.45 per gallon for regular here in Pgh..

But from what I understood it would hit over 3 bucks per gallon at the end of summer or by the end of summer..

so we arent to far off from that mark..

I heard of this before summer hit to..

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Can someone tell me why America pays less for gas than nations it imports it from? I'm not getting that.

Want the truth?....

We pay less because we want to. Our want is backed up by our military intervention around the globe, besides our actual interventions, we also have ensured through several policies that we pay as little as possible. Is this "right"? IMHO-No This is not an ethics discussion though, and from a nationalist standpoint, it rocks to be an American, after all ; we are the new Rome.

Then again it's easy to say that whilst the rest of the world pays for petrol by the litre, and we still are at the gallon......haha

Anyways, I live on the west coast, California for the most part, and right now Gas is 2.77, and that is at the cheapest gas station in town. Heil even deisel is 2.80.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Heil even deisel is 2.80.

Freudian slip? The bolded part.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Taxes. I further hope noone believes that oil is actually that cheap in Venezuela (and other places), it is below the production price due to subsidies. That's right, the actual price is higher, but paid through by taxes.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
$1.20 AUD per litre in Australia. Expected to get to $1.26 soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here in Regina, Sask it is $1.06 per liter which works out to be $4.01 a gallon Canadian or... $3.37 US a gallon.

I am going by custom US Gallon measurements as in the US they measure a liquid gallon at 3.785411784 L. I don't like the term gallon as it is outdated here in Canada. It can range anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 liters.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Costs US$1.66 per LITRE over here in blighty. I am also not posting in gallons as doubt ours are the same. Thats why they have SI units.

[edit on 14/8/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If anything, at least this thread will teach Americans metric.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
$2.45 US in Lincoln, Nebraska. And we even produce ethanol and still pay that much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join