It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK`ers - B2 at airshow on sunday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A B2 will pay a surprise visit to Airbourne2005

so if your on the south coast of the UK , and want to see a B2 (and B1-b and typhoon amoungst everything else) then head along

today (apparantly) the B1-b was mach busting in a climb after its display!!

waiting for the video so i can post it

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why, why do I live in Finland... It's really disturbing to miss these kind of things... Well, nice that you still posted it...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks, I may just go see that i do love the Air shows and have been to a fair few so im not far from there this weekend so may just detour a little and head out,

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Be sure to keep you eyes open because if you wait until you hear the B-2 you will miss seeing it. I would have never believed that anything that big could be that quiet. The other thing is that it is very easy to miss unless you are looking up at the bottom side of it. Seen from the side or front it is very easy to miss. The B-2 did a fly-by at an airshow in Pittsburgh a few years ago. I had my brother in law with me and he was amazed at how hard the B-2 was to hear and see. He spent a few years in the Army and was actually shaken up by the fly-by.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I didn't know that... That's interesting... Well hey, just because I can't get there doesn't mean that I should be sad, there will come more chanses...
Here are some movies of the plane... ENJOY...!!!

B2 movie

press at the "B2" text in the middle of the screen

B2 panorama

Press at the text "Download Quick Time Virtual Reality Panorama of B-2 Bomber Cockpit !" down on the page

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They are super quiet, and just about the most impressive thing flying. And a b-1 getting some shockwaves? Get that video soon please.

jra

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
A B-2 should be flying over my town this sunday as well. I'd love to be able to see it and get some shots of it for once. It usually does a flyby every year at our airshow (The Abbotsford International airshow). I did see a F-117 flying around earlier this afternoon too. Those are neat to see flying as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, and have been attending the 'Chicago Air and Water Show' for as long as I can remember.

I am awestruck everytime a B-1B flys by. It is such an amawing sight (and sound), that words cannot describe.

Equally impressive is the B-1 bomber. The first time it appeared at the show a few years back, the entire beachfront fell silent. People who were unaware that such a plane existed were in awe. The lady next to me said that it looked 'alien'.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We had three B-1s take off in the evening before the July 4th fireworks a few years ago. The fireworks show was a dissapointment after that.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Damn, I've never seen those "stealth" planes in real... just fighters...

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
www.mysporttoday.co.uk...

no time listed for the B2 - but it will be there on sunday

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Might have to go then, I dont live far from Eastbourne.
Theve got American and Belgian F-16s too, thatll be good.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
DID ANYBODY GET ANY PICTURES?????

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
DID ANYBODY GET ANY PICTURES?????

If you got some, please post them, I'd love to see them...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
They are super quiet, and just about the most impressive thing flying. And a b-1 getting some shockwaves? Get that video soon please.

I saw it at the internation Air Tattoo at Fairford last year, but you could not tell if it was quiet as it had an F-15 flying off each wing tip, and they did make some noise.

Will have to dig out my snaps from the show

top topics

join