It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens operate on dead cat, saving kittens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Now here is something you don't hear about everyday. So often you hear about the abuse of an animal or someone actually killing the cat but this is a feel good story of sorts.

Two teenagers performed a caesarean section on a dead cat they found along a New Brunswick road, saving two of four kittens.

After discovering that the cat's body was still warm, they decided to try to save its kittens – even though neither of them knew how to do a caesarean section or had studied biology.

Kim borrowed a sweater, knife and some cotton swabs from a nearby house.

They decided Monica would do the surgery. She told the newspaper she wasn't sure where to cut, but made an incision into the mother cat's belly and could see the kittens.

For full article:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That's totally awesome, major karma bonus to them. Why am I not surprised that they are Canadian.

So often you hear about the abuse of an animal or someone actually killing the cat

This made me think of a time where somebody on the street, I'm assuming because of the way I dress, came up to me and said "Your the kind of person who tortured animals as a kid aren't you?" I bent down a little, I was taller then him, looked him right in the eyes and said in a calm but stern voice "I would NEVER harm an animal unless in self defense, people like you on the other hand...". Straitened myself up and walk away. I hope he'll think twice before making an asinine comment like that again.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by deadboi]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That is really just a feel-good story. It's that kind of thinking and behavior that makes people really worthwhile.

I bet PETA would've hated the act.

new topics

join