It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Mrs. God ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think that we should just accept the fact that if anyone wants their god to be noticed they claim virgin birth...that's about it.

The theory that you hold would be a good start for a new thread...let me know if you start it, it would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How's that for a new thread title?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
As recorded when Joseph found out his lady-love was pregnant, what was the first thing he did? He started packing (Matthew 1:9). He loved her so much that he was going to "divorce her quietly" but still had every intention on taking off. (paraphrase) *yawn* off to sleep Joseph goes. Angel pops in, "Hold up Joe, your girl was knocked up by the Holy Spirit. You're gonna be the 'daddy' of Christ Jesus". He wakes up and says, "C'mon Mary, let's go home but we ain't gettin' our groove on until Jesus is born." And so it was.

Now, the reason I bring this up was that not only did God intervene with Mary's life, but also had to bring Joseph up to par too, because he had every intention on leaving. So, God had to let 2 people know so the "Mary is crazy" theory can be tossed out. If there's any doubt, I'd recommend studying up on what happens to an unmarried pregnant couple two thousand years ago (especially when the father knows it's not his).

[edit on 30-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
That was a pretty interesting post, maybe I should start reading the Bible again.

But this does remind me of a conversation contributed to (I made the last post) on another forum that went something like this;

Every time you lie God kills a kitten (or was it mansturbate? can't remember)

God mansturbates whenever you lie? I refuse to believe that.

Why do you think it rains?

That might explain the whole virgin mary thing

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
That was a pretty interesting post, maybe I should start reading the Bible again.

Sure! I'll send you mine if you need a copy.

Originally posted by cyberdude78
But this does remind me of a conversation contributed to (I made the last post) on another forum that went something like this;

Every time you lie God kills a kitten (or was it mansturbate? can't remember)

God mansturbates whenever you lie? I refuse to believe that.

Why do you think it rains?

That might explain the whole virgin mary thing

Er...what?

It just goes to confirm 3 personal rules:

1.) A person should be old enough to have a job before being on the internet.
2.) Parents shouldn't make up crap and associate it with God in any way. In fact, parents shouldn't make up crap at all. Parents are teachers at home. You know there'd be an angry mob with torches and pitchforks outside a school if a state educator knowing made stuff up and taught it in class.
3.) Imagination does not create facts.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Fortunately God gave us imagination

Using this gift to explore the unknown is how we learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Fortunately God gave us imagination

Using this gift to explore the unknown is how we learn.

Oh I absolutely agree with that. Did not mean to imply we shouldn't, just saying that although we can imagine it doesn't make it true. For example - It's thundering. Sounds like bowling. Therefore God is bowling, making it thunder.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And of course an extraterrestrial visit in what ever form, MUST be from an angel?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
And of course an extraterrestrial visit in what ever form, MUST be from an angel?

Well, angels being non-terrestrial would make them extraterrestrial in the strictest form of the definition but no, not to say reptillian shapeshifters from Rectus Primus or whatever. The Bible implies the existence of 'aliens' as I read it, but not speaking angelically or of heaven.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is there a Mrs. God ?

The church. No, not one imparticular. Just the ones who get it right. And, who is to say any one has it right? The one seeking the bride?

What makes you ask?

Are you seeking to apply for the position?

That was a rhetorical question that I don't really expect an answer to, just a thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It's an honest question really!

It just seems natural and resonably logical that God would have a female couterpart.

Just because there is no mention of this in the Bible, does not mean that we have the whole story.

I guess one way to look at it would be to think of God as our Heavenly Father
and perhaps Mother Nature at his side.

Does that make any sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join