It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Contact for Bin Laden Working for Iraqi Ministry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A U.S. citizen accused of ties to Osama bin Laden now works for the new Iraqi government.

A former Washington-area man accused in court papers of being the “American contact” for an Osama bin Laden “front organization” is now believed to be working for the new Iraqi government’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, two U.S. law-enforcement officials and a longtime associate of the man tell.

Tariq A. Hamdi, who allegedly delivered a satellite-telephone battery to bin Laden in Afghanistan in 1998, has left the United States and has told associates he is currently employed in the Iraqi Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, said the government officials, who asked not to be identified because of pending legal charges against Hamdi.

Hamdi's precise status with the Iraqi foreign ministry could not be immediately determined. But one of the U.S. law-enforcement officials said that federal prosecutors were concerned enough about Hamdi’s current status that they undertook a legal review with the State Department to determine if it would prevent them from charging him with federal crimes because of diplomatic immunity. But the prosecutors determined that his diplomatic status was “irrelevant” because the crimes they were considering charging him with took place before the current Iraqi government even existed, the official said.

The affidavit states that, after receiving the battery delivered by Hamdi, bin Laden used the satellite phone during the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa that year. In particular, it states, he made a phone call to a number in Baku, Azerbaijan; federal agents later traced bin Laden’s claims of responsibility for the two bombings to the same number, the affidavit states.

Source:
MSNBC News

Interesting Story.

Questions:

- If the United States are REALLY Looking for this Man named Osama, why are they not Arresting and Interrogating also THIS MAN - Tariq A. Hamdi -, that was once in very close contact with OBL?

- If OBL is still "Alive", why would the US and the new Iraqi Goverment Allow Tariq A. Hamdi to be working for them - don't they have some Questions to ask him?

- What are the US and Iraqi Goverments Hiding - and what are they trying to tell us with this Case of Tariq A. Hamdi?

Opinions, Answers, Questions Welcome!

[edit on 12/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This story is silly on so many levels, but I am going to focus on one:

Define "ties". Heck, I could have washed Osama's car once and by some peoples definitions I haves ties to him.

This is another case of bleeding heart liberals spending their time digging into something looking for issues that don’t exist. And of course stretching to the nth degree silly little nothings that they may find. But of course, this is a perfect example of a Souljah thread: Anti American with accusations of conspiracy and based on no conclusive fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OK - Let's "Define":

This Man - Tariq - carried a Phone Battery to the Man Called Osama and After that SEVERAL Attacks were Executed upon America Targets. Is that not Enough for You?

The affidavit states that, after receiving the battery delivered by Hamdi, bin Laden used the satellite phone during the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa that year. In particular, it states, he made a phone call to a number in Baku, Azerbaijan; federal agents later traced bin Laden’s claims of responsibility for the two bombings to the same number, the affidavit states.

I am sure if that same guy, was not "the American Contact" but, lets say, FRENCH - all Hell would break loose!

Skippy, face it - you are on the Wrong Board, this one is named ABOVE TOP SECRET, have you Realized that yet?

And when you can't attack the SOURCE of the Story (this time it's your Own News Network MSNBC!) - you then attack the Author, as usual.

What's your comment on the Story itself, other then the Opinion it's Silly and "Bleeding Heart Liberals Spreading"?

Could it be, that OBL WAS and maybe still IS Connected to the US via certain double Agents as this Tariq Dude?

Naaaaaaaaaaah! That would be a "Conspiracy" - and we don't like those don't we skippy?

Again, try typing Above Top Secret in Google (well, I did it for you already) - what does it say?

Above Top Secret - Uncovering Government Secrets

And thats why I come here and thats what I do here...."

join