It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say who should German people vote for and why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A thread for Germans (nur fuer Deutschen).

Say who should the German people vote for why.

I say that the German people should vote for the SPD. Why?

1) Schroeder did what he could.
2) The CDU would let Warsaw decide whether we should do something or not. I want Schroeder to decide!

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
AtheiX I would say you are right in that Schroeder has done what he could with the state that germany is in, however do you really believe that more of the same is the solution for germany. Don't you think that germany needs reform and if so why do you think Schroeder is the man to do it? And how many of the promises that Schroeder made the last time around has he kept. Sure he kept you out of Iraq(not at all a difficult task) but his economic reforms heartz4 has it improved things or has it just made things worse. And if I may ask another question whats this anti-polish sentiment I hear from you in just about every single one of your posts I mean isn't this supposed to be a new europe personally it sounds to me like very little has changed in the past 50 yrs certainly some things have changed but the same nasty anti-semitism, zenophobia and petty national rivalries still exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Germany's current situation is not because of Chancellor Schroeder. It is because of Germany's presence in the EU, which results in:
1) Necessity of paying MUCH money to the EU budget
2) Companies moving to Poland because Poland conducts tax-dumping
Before you say "Schroeder could have make Germany exit the EU and he didn't": none of the other candidates would do it. None of them is brave enough to do this. If I was the chancellor, I would do that.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well actually it looks like Schroeder may pull it off or at least rob Ms Merkel of out right victory what do you think of the prospects of a grand coalition

new topics

top topics

join