It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Would the US gov. tell us if Osama had been caught?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I know there are alot of theories as to whether osama bin laden is dead or alive but i was wondering what you all thought about the following questions assuming he is alive and hiding....

Do you think the US governemnt would tell us if Osama bin laden had been caught?

and if so..do you think they would tell us immediatly or keep it quiet for awhile?

Looking forward to all your opinons

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

If we kill him: He is a martyr.
If we capture him: He becomes a cause

If he fades away ........

Interestingly:
Was it not the Vatican that succesfully tucked wanted Nazis away in South America? Didn't it take over 20 years to find them?

Who has the power and authority and the capability to hide the worlds most wanted man for nearly 4 years?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Es. teacher.

i get what you are saying at the begining and agree. im a little confused, however, on the last part when you commented on the vatican. are you saying that you think the vatican would hold him? or are you saying its not possible to keep his capture secret?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think they would very much consider keeping it a secret.

Reason for this being, Al-Quada and Osama are the bogeyman for the entire "War on Terror" debacle.

If Osama were to be killed or captured, the bogeyman would be dead and alot of public support for the war on terror would fall away.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think it would be hard to keep secret, and the publicity of putting him on trial for the world to see would be immeasurable

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think it would be hard to keep secret, and the publicity of putting him on trial for the world to see would be immeasurable

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I feel that he is still working for our government, they need and breed people like him. Without them there won't be enough chaos in places like Africa, South America and the Middle East. Which would mean that it would be difficult for us to exploit them for billions of dollars.

We even have a school in Georgia where we train these terrorists and send them to South America to cause havoc and kill thousands of people. I don't think there is a single graduate who hasn't killed a few people. Congress tried to close the school down (School of the America's) but all they managed was to change its name.

I watched Septem8er Tapes and the Afghans trying to catch Bin Laden said the US just lets him pass right between them and doesn't even try to do anything. Even when they tell the US where they heard he will be traveling through.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Osama, like Hussein and numerous other Middle East Muslim rock stars, have been and probably still are CIA and US assets that basically went rogue. Hussein was bred from a young age to serve as a viable human asset of wealth and money for the United States.

The Middle East is just one big distraction, abstracted to the point of who there has millions and who there has nothing. Rich Arabs are aplenty, and most of them toe the line to the Western ideology.

Osama is safe for the rest of his life. He's probably living high on the hog in some pseudo witness protection program in south Florida. His and the Bush family of global criminals have close financial relations and have for years. Oil, it's what's for dinner.

Don't give me any crap about Osama and his rogue millions which he inherited. The middle east is one big farce.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Es. teacher.

i get what you are saying at the begining and agree. im a little confused, however, on the last part when you commented on the vatican. are you saying that you think the vatican would hold him? or are you saying its not possible to keep his capture secret?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

I was simply stating that the worlds most wanted have been granted certain priviledges in the past. And, although I admit technology and information exchange is far more advanced than what it was ......

There must be organizations capable of supplying the same kind of "relocation" as has been proven possible in the past.

I'm not implicating the Vatican in any way. Just demonstrating the who and how it was accomplished in the past.

So, the question we are all pondering is:

How is Osamas fate unproven/unknown after 4 years, and the largest bounty EVER?

Could he be recieving help?

Why would anyone help him?
Who has the most to gain from this?

America could gain from this, couldn't we?

He hasn't been turned into a martyr by us killing him or capturing him.

He hasn't recieved the amount of support he would have recieved if we had captured him.

Who gains the most if he were to just shut up, and stop?

Someone has supplied him the means to
1) Die peacefully and privately
2) Be captured and repressed common knowledge of it
3) Get to a safe place to hide

Which of the above sound most plausible?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
For starters..
Osama ISNT in Florida.. come on i hope you were kidding.

He'd HAVE to be somewhere sincere to his cause..
Even if he WAS in witness protection.. why place him in civilised area's where people will simply recognise him.

I dont think he is in custody. I dont think the CIA has ANY communication with him.
Plus they dont need boogeymen ne more (CIA) they can create them from nothing.

Whats another terrorist attack, with another muslim chanting death to america.. hey a new boogey man.
And wow he's IRANIAN!
Saddam was a CIA asset? COME on...
He was simply the enemy of the USA's enemy. THAST ALL.

With 4 star generals being laid off.....
VARIOUS finatical muslims around IRAQ and so forth freely having media time if htye please..
SOMEONE by now would of leaked info about Osama OR zarqawi being US agents..

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are religions out there that HATE everything America stands for?

Is it that hard to believe? jee's he cant POSSIBLY hate us that much.. he MUST be working for us..

Osama may become a martyr... but he SERVES more to the western world being pronounced DEAD!

ESPECIALLY in IRAQ..

So NO.. I believe he is very much alive...
and I am suer the US would tell u of his death.
They dont need him to do antoehr terror attack...
people have already accepted its coming.. doesnt matter who buy.. bceause the american sheep are positive there government will deliver them the news, and the facts in due time!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Saddam was a CIA asset? COME on...
He was simply the enemy of the USA's enemy.

If Saddam even once supplied the Central Intelligence Agency with information, then he was an asset.

If Saddam even once served the CIA's agenda, then he was an asset.

When Donald Rumsfeld and him had that talk (early 80s), Saddam was an asset.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
IF saddam was an asset... why DEFY the USA?

If he had chummy feelings with the US in anyway.. wouldnt of he been able to talk or GAMBLE his way out of the invasion?

Assets are more controlled.

And just because he told the US the Iranian's favourite choice of COLOUR doesnt mean he's a PAID CIA AGENT.

Hell I could email them with an anonomous tip about a muslim looking at a westerner wierdly and I dont brand myself a CIA Asset.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
and in hindsight..
just because 25 odd yrs ago he was willing to murder his enemy to help the USA.. doesnt mean that in 2003 he's STILL AN ASSET.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

IF saddam was an asset... why DEFY the USA?

Because, when we were selling him secrets/information/weapons/aircraft to support his war against Iran, and being chummy with him, he found out we were doing the same with Iran.

We were doing this because political unrest there was to our benifit.

-It helped deteriorate the infrastructure of both countries, for decades.
hnn.us...

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yes of course, the peoples opinions towards war on terrosrism aren't as strong as they once have been... They now see that the war is fought on the wrong way, it's not about killing them, it's about helping them...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
ahh ok, so in ur logic iran was a CIA ASSET too.... sorry still is?
being saddams still a CIA asset i mean.

actually that sounds about right

The UAS was supporting both IRAN AND IRAQ during there war..
who cares about money and lives.. we'll throw in as much as they want for them to kill each other.

And now a mear 40 odd yrs later the USA has destroyed one and dropping hints about the other..

Not very good business.

As I said saddam MAY of been friendly with the USA, but only becuase he was the enemy of the USA enemy..

many long years have passed and I can say without ANY doubt.. all that CIA Friendship ASSET crap was thrown out the window.. LONG ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

If we kill him: He is a martyr.
If we capture him: He becomes a cause

If he fades away ........

Bingo.

Nothing good happens if the world knows we caught him. If we keep it a secret, there is much more to gain.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ahh ok, so in ur logic iran was a CIA ASSET too.... sorry still is?
being saddams still a CIA asset i mean.

I would not be illogical to presume the CIA has assets in Iran. It would be illogical and irresponsible if they did not have assets in Iran.

The UAS was supporting both IRAN AND IRAQ during there war..
who cares about money and lives.. we'll throw in as much as they want for them to kill each other.

Why not spend a little of our money to provoke them to spend their lives battling eachother?

It's a far better plan to have them killing eachother's people, than killing our men and women.

And now a mear 40 odd yrs later the USA has destroyed one and dropping hints about the other..

Not very good business.

All is fair in love and war. Why not provoke other nations into war with eachother, keeps them preoccupied, and gives us a chance to manipulate them until we openly declare war.

As I said saddam MAY of been friendly with the USA, but only becuase he was the enemy of the USA enemy..

many long years have passed and I can say without ANY doubt.. all that CIA Friendship ASSET crap was thrown out the window.. LONG ago.

There is seldomly a correlation between "asset" and "friendship". Assets do not need to be friends. Just a means to an end.

Most assets of the CIA, don't even know they are assets, and don't know they are dealing with the CIA.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if captured keep him in a black ops prison and interrogate him to wat he knows and where his second in command is located at. after that kill him, and dump his body to make it look like sombody robbed and killed him. has to be near the U.S. Embassy. so the Al Qaeda operatives dont try to recover his body before the world news media records his death.

besides u dont want America involved with his death for it makes his followers mad as hell and will target America immediately. better that he died natural causes or freak accident. but thats on of the methods i would choose if Osama was captured.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I honestly don't think they have any desire to catch him. As has been said, he is the face and the leader of the enemy, he is the terror. The terror that is going to take 100 years to counter. As long as he is still out there, the gullible people will keep eating up every demand and order so that the "War On Terror" can be won.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join