It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

desperate.....help me.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
what types of witches are there.........i only know that theres wiccans but is there a type of witch that doesn't serve so many gods?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What do you mean by "serve so many Gods???"

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You could assist us in answering your question if you let us know why you want to know - you said you are desperate, after all.

Wiccans are extremely individualistic. Some worship Gods and Goddesses from a number of pantheons, some devote themselves to a single pantheon (such as Norse, or Greek). Still other Wiccans worship a single God and Goddess as the embodiment of all archetypes and deities. Then there are those Wiccans who follow principles more than deities - the female principle, or the male principle, for instance.

Many Wiccans do not consider their devotion to their Gods and Goddesses to be 'service' at all. They would say that they have a relationship with that being, rather than outright worship.

As for other "types of witches", are you referring to the traditional practice of Witchcraft itself, or merely to those who utilise magic in their practices or beliefs? This is important because not all people who utilise magic identify themselves as Witches (e.g. those who follow the Druidic path, or Native Americans, or Australian Aborigines).

I am happy to answer your questions, but you really need to tell me why you "desperately" need to know if I am to be of any assistance.

[edit on 12/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No idea... I haven't read so much about those wich stuff...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Many people make the mistake of thinking that the 'average' Wiccan believes in a God and Goddess in the same manner than other religions do. I suppose this is to be expected because of the way religions have conducted themselves over the ages.

Many Wiccans understand that when they say 'God' or 'Goddess' they are not referring to actual beings but rather elements of themselves. The source of good, or evil, does not come from outside humans but rather from within. It is important for humans to believe in something, it is a basic psychological need. But when you 'embody' a Diety you set up a separation that leads to problems. Everyone, male or female, has elements of both in their personality, so we have both a male and a female Diety.

Since Wicca is less about dogma and more about wisdom it does not matter what name you use, or what form of Diety you choose to use as your model. What does matter is that you understand that ultimately you are responsible for your life and for the choices you make.

Wiccans excell at helping people to find the Divine within and to bring that to the surface for the good of not only the person, but everyone.

Oh, and I too would like to know why you phrased your original question the way you did.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/12/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i 've been so confused for so long it's not even funny!!!!!!it has been really irritating me and i read somewhere else that you don't need to be a wiccan to make your spells come true.the website siad that alll you need to do is just master dream recall, meditation, and astral projection!!!!!!now i don't know what kind of witch that person is, yet nobody has really answered my question, what types of witches r there!!!!!!!!!!

www.spellsandmagic.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junkeroo
i 've been so confused for so long it's not even funny!!!!!!it has been really irritating me and i read somewhere else that you don't need to be a wiccan to make your spells come true.the website siad that alll you need to do is just master dream recall, meditation, and astral projection!!!!!!now i don't know what kind of witch that person is, yet nobody has really answered my question, what types of witches r there!!!!!!!!!!

www.spellsandmagic.com...

No, you don't have to be a wiccan or a witch for that matter to make your spells come true. The essential element behind any type of magickal working is FAITH, mind over matter. A spell is only a prayer spoke in rhyme.

and if you are so confused and desperate, why are you dabbling with something you clearly don't understand????

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While those techniques are heplful to develop abilities that can serve the budding magick practioner, they have little to nothing to do with magickal practice.

Witch a term that has a negative connotation, albeit it's becoming more mainstream. There are as many types of magickal practices as there are variations in all main religions, not to say that they are all connected. The main difference I would say is low and high magick. Low Magick deals with affecting your environment and the physical world, while High Magick deals with affecting your inner self. Within those there are very many techniques. Ceremonial Magick which include such practicioners as Thelemites, and Golden Dawn is an example of High Magick practice. Their are seriously so many different practices for the term you use "witch." I'm sure there are many on this board with much more knowledge than myself.

Do you believe someone is trying to do you harm?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i just don't understand what im getting into and it's really hard for me to comprehend this for i am a begginer and im just looking for some guidence!do any of you feel that you need to master meditation, dream recall, and astral projection in order for your spell to work?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok Ok no worries, calm down. I certainly think meditiation is a great way to start. Magick will not work if your mind is burdened by other things, meditiation can teach you the stillness of mind and the ability to focus your entire will on your intended task.

Cug

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I suggest you just start reading.

www.sacred-texts.com... has a ton of stuff relating to pagan and other beliefs.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I suggest magic herbs.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think I see the problem here, Junkeroo there is no simple path, no quick answers. If you wish to learn to harness the unseen forces of nature you have to begin what will be a long series of studies.

Despite what you have seen in movies and popular culture this is indeed a serious subject that some spend their lives to even begin to master. Wicca is well covered on the net and in any Library, like any religion it has variations.

As someone mentioned Faith, or perhaps Belief is the key. You may say 'I already believe' but that is only on the surface. Unless you were lucky enough to be raised in a Wiccan household, which seems unlikely given the state of your knowledge, you really do not believe, not down where it counts. To acquire this Belief you have to work at it, even mastering Meditation alone can be quite an effort. Increasing your Dream Recall starts with keeping a notebook by your bed, and writting down what you remember of your last Dream each morning when you wake up.

Magick is applying your will to bend forces which are not really understood by anyone, we simply know they exist because of the effects we see. You can recite 'spells' forever and not cause anything other than a tired throat. You must first learn to master yourself, deal with your own internal problems, and shed much of your ego before the unseen forces will respond to your call.

I have had many students show up looking for 'power'. Along the way, as they do the things that are required, many realize that what they originally wanted is not only pointless but really a way to seek answers that they have already found within themselves.

People claim all sorts of sillyness, no doubt you have met some people that have made claims of power and mastery over something they barely understand. These sorts of people are only dangerous to themselves and you should ignore them. Anyone with real knowledge will say what I have said, that if you wish to learn real magick you must be prepared to work for it, and above all learn patience.

Oh, and Cug, nice sig line. Good to see someone who realizes that there are two lines to Crowley's famous Law. So many people only seem to remember the first.

A.T
(-)

Cug

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Oh, and Cug, nice sig line. Good to see someone who realizes that there are two lines to Crowley's famous Law. So many people only seem to remember the first.

Well I'm a Thelemite, I'd be really screwing up if I forgot.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just a warning for you junkaroo, since you apparently have no idea what you are doing... Be careful what you are playing around with. I have been to spellsandmagic.com in the past, and there is some pretty serious stuff on there. Read the warnings and pay attention to them. I believe that most magic rarely leads to any good, but it is really your choice what you pursue.

Here are some tips for you, if you are determined to get into magic:

*If all you want is things to impress your friends with easy-to-learn tricks, learn stage magic, not real magic.
*Read a lot before you even attempt to do anything, never dabble in magic
*Do not use any magic that you do not understand; do not use any spells that bend or break the laws of nature.
*Do not try to summon or channel anything. That is hugely playing with fire. In a few years if you know what you are doing and are determined to try it (Which I still disagree with, because I believe that no being of light will ever channel or interfere forcefully), make sure you use the appropriate conjurations and circles of protection.

Before you try anything, you may want to run a search on some of the horror stories people post up about their attempts to use magic. In particular, the ouiji board.

I am not saying that all magic is bad here, but you are more likely to find or be interested in the bad kind just because of it's nature.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
alexander thanks for explaining it that way it was the answer that i was looking for
it sounds like you really understand and i know that i have the patience to encounter this new way of living......so how long have you been into metaphysics?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Pretty much my whole adult life. A couple of events happened when I was in my very early 20s that caused me to want to investigate things that my rational mind could not understand. I went from exploring traditional religions, to non-traditional ones, to the occult. Along the way I had to filter out a lot of old time thinking and accept the fact that people who existed before the concept of Science knew some things that to this day we still do not understand.

I only take on a few Students at any one time and they have to be local to me. While I am happy to discuss things here, and to answer any questions put to me, some things can really only be done face to face.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Actually i believe there are 3 lines to the crowley quote.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law, Love under will
And the name of the law is Thelema

The person who told me this also told me it was a well kept secret, but hey, seems im not good at keeping those.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law, Love under will

My experience with the whole Golden Dawn, Crowley, cluster was that they all loved secrecy and acting out with all the flourishes. Because of the power of keeping, and then shareing, Secrets they just really loved them.

I do not remember the line that followed the two above, been a while since I read that particular book. That little bit of wisdom, compressed, containing necessary Paradox, broad simple Truth, and internal checks and balances, is just about as perfect as humans can ever get.

A.T
(-)

top topics

join